• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

New Shows

With the exception of Arrow, I haven't liked any of the new shows this season. The comedies just haven't been funny and the hour long dramas have been mostly dull and cliche. It must be difficult to find something that works -not too smart, but not too stupid either.

nOmArch said:
American Horror Story: Asylum is getting good. Only two eps in and I'm liking it more than season 1 so far.

Ugh, I couldn't get past the first episode. I thought it was horrible. Are the later episodes truly better? It also bugs me that the same actors are now playing different characters, though I do love Jessica Lang.

Add me to liking AHS:A. Wednesday's episode was great (though I'd suspected the twist for a while).

geminigod said:
Ugh, I couldn't get past the first episode. I thought it was horrible. Are the later episodes truly better? It also bugs me that the same actors are now playing different characters, though I do love Jessica Lang.

My only real problem with Ep 1 was that I couldn't work out where the hell they were going with the plot. By Ep 3 you have a pretty good idea of what's going on and I am very much enjoying it for what it's worth. It is totally different to the first series in one major way though.

There's nothing supernatural going on at all

nOmArch said:

Except for the possessed nun.

nOmArch said:
My only real problem with Ep 1 was that I couldn't work out where the hell they were going with the plot. By Ep 3 you have a pretty good idea of what's going on and I am very much enjoying it for what it's worth. It is totally different to the first series in one major way though.

I didn't like the first ep much. They could have totally skipped all the present stuff and just did everything back in the 50s. I'm not sure where it was going. Anyway, the 'twist' on Weds was seeable...

I think the stuff in the present will have a payoff. I can't imagine they're just throwing it out the window. Oh... and in case anyone missed it, AHS has been picked up for season 3. Jessica Lange is slated to return. :)

Did anyone catch The Following? Just started this week in the US. It was alright I guess. I really like Kevin Bacon and could pretty much watch him in anything, so I will stick with it for awhile. It's on Fox, so catch it soon before it get's cancelled. :D

I was thinking of giving that a go.

Channel4 (UK) have started playing a six-parter called Utopia. It's interesting to say the least.
The Utopia Experiments is a legendary graphic novel shrouded in mystery. But when a small group of previously unconnected people find themselves in possession of an original manuscript, their lives suddenly and brutally implode.
Targeted swiftly and relentlessly by a murderous organisation known as The Network, the terrified group are left with only one option if they want to survive: they have to run.

Q2 said:
Except for the possessed nun.

Well, yes apart from when I typed that nothing of that ilk had happened yet.

Well the 2013 Network season is upon us....

Watched the first two episodes of SLEEPY HOLLOW. It is a fun show though so far very formula in structure. Thought it was clever casting Clancy Brown as the beheaded Sheriff considering his Highlander connection. Though it appears in the afterlife ghosts are able to shave their beards. LOL.

The BLACKLIST with James Spader I found extremely engaging and I am very curious where the series will go!

HOSTAGES.... meh!

Tonight.... AGENTS OF SHIELD!!!! YAY!

Have The Blacklist Tivo'd. Same with Agents of SHIELD... that's Tivoing tonight. I'll have to catch up later this week. Also need to finish up the last three episodes of Dexter.

The Blacklist was really good, yes. Masters Of Sex was another great pilot, very funny and great cast.

Watched the pilot for "Dads" and it was bad good. Unfunny racism, tired sitcom cliches and annoying characters. But I do like the actors and there were some good bits so I'll keep watching for now.

Neglify said:
Watched the pilot for "Dads" and it was bad good. Unfunny racism, tired sitcom cliches and annoying characters. But I do like the actors and there were some good bits so I'll keep watching for now.

I've been meaning to check that one out. I like Seth Green and Giovanni Ribisi, and Brenda Song is pretty hot. The only new shows I've checked out are "Mom", definitely should be cancelled, "The Millers", wouldn't be so bad if the father wasn't a complete idiot and the mother wasn't such an overbearing and annoying woman, and "The Crazy Ones", it's okay but I feel I'm only tuning in because of Robin Williams and Sarah Michelle Gellar.

Watched the pilot for "The Goldbergs". Good show, I like the actors, love the premise, some good jokes, pretty standard TV fare. I'll watch more.

Neglify said:

Watched the first 4 episodes, pretty dumb show but it makes me laugh. 11 Points summed it up nicely, "Cast probably assumed quick paycheck, cancellation; now panicking, stuck after pickup."

I had one of those "I think I may be too big a nerd" moments tonight. I was innocently watching episode 3 of The Goldbergs, wherein Adam sees The Poltergeist for the first time in theaters. A couple scenes later he's wearing a Top Gun t-shirt and has a Ghostbusters poster on his wall. Evening ruined.

This is a really good show so far. Has potential to be "this" generation's Wonder Years maybe, if they cut back on the wackiness.

The new show with Karl Urban, Almost Human, looks interesting. Though I was initially only interested because of my own misconception that the show was some kind of full-blown modernized re-imagining of the premise of the film 'Not Quite Human' until I looked up 'The Boy Who Could Fly' and its main actor, Jay Underwood, on wikipedia and realized the title is not the same. They are close, and you know JJ Abrams and nostalgia/remakes.

Whatever, Karl Urban is in it, can't be bad.

Neglify said:
I had one of those "I think I may be too big a nerd" moments tonight. I was innocently watching episode 3 of The Goldbergs, wherein Adam sees The Poltergeist for the first time in theaters. A couple scenes later he's wearing a Top Gun t-shirt and has a Ghostbusters poster on his wall. Evening ruined.

This is a really good show so far. Has potential to be "this" generation's Wonder Years maybe, if they cut back on the wackiness.

Silly funny, lots of nostalgia but no where close to the quality of THE WONDER YEARS.

The Wonder Years was pretty much perfect from the pilot to the final episode. Recently rewatched on Netflix with my 13 year old daughter, it made her laugh and cry and she really has no knowledge of that time period. The show still resonates emotionally and dramatically, regardless of your background. This is my dream dvd buy show, though I doubt they will ever clear all the music rights issues.

Back
Top Bottom