• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

New Shows

bionicbob

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Watched VEGAS last night. I really liked it. I see a lot of great crime drama potential.

Though the biggest strike against the show may be that it can not be filmed in Las Vegas since the city does not even remotely resemble itself from the 1960s. There were several establishing shots, or background shots, that screamed bad CGI! But otherwise, this show has me intrigued.

In other crime fighting news, CRIMINAL MINDS new season starts tonight.

Also watched the season premiere of Hawaii 5-O the other night..... hhhmmmm.... I really, really miss Jack Lord... LOL!

TV's Frink

You Catch On Pretty Quick
Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Neglify said:
I wonder if Frink read the entire first post.
It would be dishonest of me to say that I did. I have covered my family name ("Frink") in shame.

Frantic Canadian

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Frantic Canadian said:
I can't say I'm really interested in any of the new shows. I've watched the Fall Previews Specials for NBC, CBS, ABC, and FOX and the only ones that kinda interest me are Made In Jersey on CBS and 666 Park Avenue on ABC. The new season of New Girl is starting tonight with a new episode at 8 and another new one at 9 so I'm going to give Ben & Kate, which airs a 8:30, and The Mindy Project, which airs at 9:30, a shot. Partners, a new sitcom on CBS, looks alright but it airs at 8:30 on Monday's and I've got Bones at 8 on FOX so I'm going to pass on that one.

I watched Ben & Kate and The Mindy Project last night. Ben & Kate didn't really do anything for me, although I think I'll give it a few more episodes before I fully make up my mind, but The Mindy Project was enjoyable enough. Also watched The Neighbors tonight on ABC. It was better than I expected but nothing great. I don't know how far they can go with the premise I'm willing to give it a chance since it's going to air between The Middle and Modern Family, which I already watch.

bionicbob

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Watched ELEMENTARY.
I was surprised at how much I enjoyed it. The transforming of Watson into a female character really alters the dynamic in an interesting way, brings out a softer, more insecure side of Holmes.
Though when Holmes utters, "Sometimes I hate it when I am right", struck me as very wrong. The Holmes I know, takes great delight and pleasure in being right, no matter how morbid the circumstances are....
Still no where near as good the BBCs SHERLOCK, but entertaining none the less.

LAST RESORT was utterly FANTASTIC!
Easily my favorite new show so far of the new season!
I have no idea what direction they are going to take the series,
or how they are going to maintain this incredible level of quality,
but boy do I want to go the ride and see how it unfolds!
Thumbs Way Up!!! :)

Metrostar

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Partners was absolute pants. Very annoying characters who talk too much. Wont last long.

Revolution was very clean and pretty, but I liked one or two of the characters, particularly Captain Tom Neville, played by Giancarlo Esposisto. I make my girlfriend watch a lot of dark shows and movies and Revolution falls into her 'light and fluffy' category, so I'm giving it a go for her sake.

Haven't tried anything else. Might try Go On again, but the first episode wasn't great.

Welcome back Person Of Interest. Great show!

Frantic Canadian

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Metrostar said:
Partners was absolute pants. Very annoying characters who talk too much. Wont last long.

I've never heard that expression before. :lol: From what I've seen of the show during the CBS Fall Preview Show it looked alright, but Bones is on at the same time so I'm watching that instead.

Made In Jersey was alright. Kinda like Law & Order, but the entire hour is spent with the lawyers. The show has promise though so I'll definitely keep watching.

white43

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Continuum has reached UK shores - I read the premise and watched the trailers. Hmmm, after Lost Girl and no offence to FC, I've found a few Canadian shows to be a little lite. But, Continuum surprised me, there was quite a lot of badassery in this and I was quite intrigured - will continue - I do enjoy the female lead Rachel Nichols.

nOmArch

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I'll chip in for Continuum as well, Rachel Nichols is fully hot and that utility suit of hers kicks McBooty, very much looking forward for season 2.

Q2

Staff member
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
It's not airing in the States until next year so I had to get it through other means. I've only watch a couple episodes but so far I've enjoyed it. Definitely worth a chance.

Frantic Canadian

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
white43 said:
Continuum has reached UK shores - I read the premise and watched the trailers. Hmmm, after Lost Girl and no offence to FC, I've found a few Canadian shows to be a little lite. But, Continuum surprised me, there was quite a lot of badassery in this and I was quite intrigured - will continue - I do enjoy the female lead Rachel Nichols.

No offense taken. I don't even watch Canadian tv. From what I've seen it pretty much all sucks, but so does a lot of tv these.

bionicbob

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Frantic Canadian said:
No offense taken. I don't even watch Canadian tv. From what I've seen it pretty much all sucks, but so does a lot of tv these.

oh but I must disagree with my Canuck brother...

There is lots of good Canadian TV out there, both past and present....
CONTINUUM is decent
FLASHPOINT is a very solid cop show
MURDOCK MYSTERIES is very well written show
DURHAM COUNTY
ARCTIC AIR
SAVING HOPE
HEARTLAND
ROOKIE BLUE
THE BRIDGE
TOM STONE
DEGRASS JUNIOR HIGH
ROAD TO AVONLEA
FOREVER KNIGHT
STREET LEGAL
BEACHCOMBERS
KIDS IN THE HALL
DUE SOUTH
SLINGS AND ARROWS
BEING ERICA
LITTLE MOSQUE ON THE PRAIRIE
MADE IN CANADA
DA VINCI'S INQUEST
NORTH OF 60
TRAILER PARK BOYS
LITTLEST HOBO
MR. DRESS UP
THE NEWSROOM
KENNY VS. SPENNY
CORNER GAS was hilarious but now gone
SANTUARY was great
STARGATE SG-1, ATLANTIS (...well I consider it Canadian... mostly Canuck casting, Canuck location and crew... lol)
ANDROMEDA
EARTH FINAL CONFLICT
LA FEMME NIKITA
and PRIMEVAL NEW WORLD coming soon-ish :D

:canada:

Frantic Canadian

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
bionicbob said:
CONTINUUM is decent

Up until today I thought that was a Stargate Atlantis spin-off. Looking at the synopsis though it kinda sounds like the show Timecop.

bionicbob said:
FLASHPOINT is a very solid cop show

I've never had any interest in this show. Plus living in Ottawa all but one or two of our Canadian channels are from the Toronto affiliate so I pretty much hate Toronto based on how much it gets jammed down our throats here.

bionicbob said:
MURDOCK MYSTERIES is very well written show

I've never heard of this one, but looking at the synopsis I'm afraid I'll have to pass. I'm a big fan of forensics, but not of the Victorian age.

bionicbob said:
DURHAM COUNTY

This show never appealed to me.

bionicbob said:
ARCTIC AIR
SAVING HOPE
HEARTLAND

Never heard of these. But looking at their synopses none of them interest me either.

bionicbob said:
ROOKIE BLUE
THE BRIDGE
TOM STONE

Cop shows. Alright. Might be good.

bionicbob said:
DEGRASS JUNIOR HIGH

I used to watch the Degrassi shows when I was younger.

bionicbob said:
ROAD TO AVONLEA

Absolutely no interest in this show.

bionicbob said:
FOREVER KNIGHT

Not a fan of vampires.

bionicbob said:
STREET LEGAL

The name sounds familiar but I've never seen it.

bionicbob said:
BEACHCOMBERS

I used to watch this as a kid.

bionicbob said:
KIDS IN THE HALL

I do enjoy The Kids In The Hall.

bionicbob said:
DUE SOUTH

Never appealed to me.

bionicbob said:
SLINGS AND ARROWS

Sounds absolutely boring.

bionicbob said:
BEING ERICA
LITTLE MOSQUE ON THE PRAIRIE

I've never seen Being Erica, but I've caught bits and pieces of Little Mosque On The Prairie.

bionicbob said:
MADE IN CANADA

Heard of it but never seen it.

bionicbob said:
DA VINCI'S INQUEST

Probably the only show on this list, of shows I haven't seen, that I could consider watching.

bionicbob said:
NORTH OF 60

No interest.

bionicbob said:
TRAILER PARK BOYS

I cannot stand this show. I tried watching the first season but found it so damn stupid, and Ricky annoys the hell out of me.

bionicbob said:
LITTLEST HOBO
MR. DRESS UP

Watched these as a kid.

bionicbob said:
THE NEWSROOM

Never interested me.

bionicbob said:
KENNY VS. SPENNY

You're kidding, right? A show about two idiots trying to outprank each other? Cannot stand this show.

bionicbob said:
CORNER GAS was hilarious but now gone

I'll occasionally watch this one when there's nothing else on.

bionicbob said:
SANTUARY was great
STARGATE SG-1, ATLANTIS (...well I consider it Canadian... mostly Canuck casting, Canuck location and crew... lol)

and PRIMEVAL NEW WORLD coming soon-ish :D

I'm not a big fan of sci-fi. And Sanctuary was only filmed in Canada but aired on SyFy.

bionicbob

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
TEENAGE MUTANT NINJA TURTLES!!!!

The new series premiere was on yesterday here.

Had no intention of watching it, but my daughter was flipping channels and stopped on it and started asking me questions about it as she had never heard of it before.... I must educate my kid better... LOL!

Anyway, we ended up watching the entire one hour premiere, and surprisingly it was very, very funny and cleverly animated. If you are a Turtles fan, I think you will be happily surprised. :)

bionicbob

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I'm not a big fan of sci-fi. And Sanctuary was only filmed in Canada but aired on SyFy.

Me HUGE sci-fi nerd!

And Santuary did air here on the SPACE Channel and it was pretty much made by the crew behind Stargate.

Frantic Canadian

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
bionicbob said:
TEENAGE MUTANT NINJA TURTLES!!!!

The new series premiere was on yesterday here.

Had no intention of watching it, but my daughter was flipping channels and stopped on it and started asking me questions about it as she had never heard of it before.... I must educate my kid better... LOL!

Anyway, we ended up watching the entire one hour premiere, and surprisingly it was very, very funny and cleverly animated. If you are a Turtles fan, I think you will be happily surprised. :)

They're still on? Is it actual animation, or that crap they used in the TMNT movie?

bionicbob said:
Me HUGE sci-fi nerd!

And Santuary did air here on the SPACE Channel and it was pretty much made by the crew behind Stargate.

Yeah, but the originating network was SyFy which is why I mentioned it. I don't think SPACE has any original programming, not of the kind we're talking about anyways.

bionicbob

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
They're still on? Is it actual animation, or that crap they used in the TMNT movie?

It is a bizarre blend of CGI and hand animation.... very unique I thought... though I don't watch too much animation anymore to compare it to anything else on tv...?

Yeah, but the originating network was SyFy which is why I mentioned it. I don't think SPACE has any original programming, not of the kind we're talking about anyways.

True. But these shows are made with partial Canadian Government funding, use Canadian crews, locations and actors, so.... :canada:

SPACE is very slowly creating their own content.

I believe TODD AND THE BOOK OF EVIL was a Space show?

The upcoming PRIMEVAL NEW WORLD is definitely a SPACE program. :)

Frantic Canadian

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
bionicbob said:
It is a bizarre blend of CGI and hand animation.... very unique I thought... though I don't watch too much animation anymore to compare it to anything else on tv...?

I just took a look at the trailer and I hate the animation. It looks like the cgi was half finished. It just comes across, to me anyways, as very sloppy and lazy.

bionicbob said:
I believe TODD AND THE BOOK OF EVIL was a Space show?

You're right. I just looked it up and it is in fact a SPACE original.

TV's Frink

You Catch On Pretty Quick
Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I refuse to call SciFi by that other stupid name.

white43

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I watched Sanctuary - which had it's cool moments, but was never a great show and yes, SG1, Atlantis and Universe were completely watched - but I have to say, never watched any of the other shows listed above, except Todd.

I will be watching Primeval. :D

DominicCobb

Staff member
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
TV's Frink said:
I refuse to call SciFi by that other stupid name.
I disagree. I don't think Syfy deserves its original name.

Top Bottom