• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

New Shows

Q2

Staff member
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
With the new television season upon us, I'm curious what new shows you're interested in?

Revolution: I've only watched the first episode and think it has potential, however the pilot was only so-so. I'm hopeful it will improve over the next few episodes.

Last Resort: The pilot airs this week, but the preview looks stellar. However, I don't know they will maintain interest with the premise. Feels like it should be a movie or mini-series than an ongoing show. But, it was created by the guy who brought us "The Shield" so it does have that going for it.

American Horror Story: Asylum: I debated about listing this one, but considering it's all new characters (and location, and time period) it feels new enough even though some of the actors are returning in new roles. I loved "American Horror Story" and the snippets we've seen of this looks equally creepy.

Go On: I'm not a big sitcom guy, however this is funny enough to keep me interested. And, running only 30 min, it is a quick bout of entertainment in between entertaining the kids.

So... what are your thoughts on these shows, or new shows you're interested in?

nOmArch

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Definitely looking forward to season 2 of American Horror Story, first season was a real blast.

bionicbob

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I watched the first two episodes of REVOLUTION and I am now done.

Just plain "meh".

With such stellar A Grade Production team my expectations was way higher.

Maybe it is a case of too many chefs in the kitchen,
but it just felt like a mixture of bland/been there/done that.:-(

But I do have high hopes for Last Resort tonight.:)

Frantic Canadian

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I can't say I'm really interested in any of the new shows. I've watched the Fall Previews Specials for NBC, CBS, ABC, and FOX and the only ones that kinda interest me are Made In Jersey on CBS and 666 Park Avenue on ABC. The new season of New Girl is starting tonight with a new episode at 8 and another new one at 9 so I'm going to give Ben & Kate, which airs a 8:30, and The Mindy Project, which airs at 9:30, a shot. Partners, a new sitcom on CBS, looks alright but it airs at 8:30 on Monday's and I've got Bones at 8 on FOX so I'm going to pass on that one.

Gatos

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I'll be interested to see if "Elementary" lasts a season. Granted, I am a die hard fan of the BBC "Sherlock" series. I do think there is room for more than one Sherlock tv show but just based on the preview clips it seems like a cheap ploy to cash in on the current Sherlock craze. "We'll make Watson female and we'll have it take place in NYC!" I'll wait on making a definitive judgement until I've seen the pilot.

Benedict Cumberbatch > Johnny Lee Miller

And Jeremy Brett is better than both of them ;-)

bionicbob

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
VEGAS premieres tonight. I am very curious about this show. I love gangster/cop dramas.

One of my all time fave shows is CRIME STORY, and looks like it might have the same vibe.

DominicCobb

Staff member
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I thought there was potential in Revolution when I saw the trailer, but after seeing more and more previews, it really doesn't look like it's good. Don't think I'll watch.

I share all of Q2 sentiments on Last Resort. Gonna have to look for it on Hulu.

TV's Frink

You Catch On Pretty Quick
Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
nOmArch said:
Definitely looking forward to season 2 of American Horror Story, first season was a real blast.

Reread first post plz.

white43

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Q2 said:
Revolution: I've only watched the first episode and think it has potential, however the pilot was only so-so. I'm hopeful it will improve over the next few episodes.

Meh. Two eps in and it's already beginning to feel like Terra Nova. The concept starts falling apart. The characters are unappealling. Everyone is just to well shaved, pretty and with make-up. It doesn't feel like it should do.

American Horror Story: Asylum: I debated about listing this one, but considering it's all new characters (and location, and time period) it feels new enough even though some of the actors are returning in new roles. I loved "American Horror Story" and the snippets we've seen of this looks equally creepy.

I'm really looking forward to this one as well. AHS was a total breath of fresh air.

Go On: I'm not a big sitcom guy, however this is funny enough to keep me interested. And, running only 30 min, it is a quick bout of entertainment in between entertaining the kids.

I'm enjoying this so far. I watched Mr Sunshine, which I also enjoyed, but that didn't make it. This feels a little bigger - more characters, more bizarre personalities and characters grow.

I'm looking forward to :

666 Park Avenue - The series follows a couple who learns that the Manhattan apartment building that they just moved into, including its upscale tenants, might be possessed by a mysterious demonic force.
Elementary - As someone has already mentioned.
Arrow - Based on Green Arrow
Animal Practice - Now Weeds has finished, Justin Kirk is back in what looks like a 'House' of the veterinary world.

nOmArch

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
TV's Frink said:
Reread first post plz.

American Horror Story: Asylum is the second season, I very much enjoyed the first season, would you like to elaborate as I haven't a clue what you're on about.

Rogue-theX

Faneditor
Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Threads about new shows just starting this season, "new" as in the very first episodes of the first season of a brand spankin` new show coming out this season.

I can`t wait to see how season 7 of Big Bang Theory turns out, hope its not crap.

white43

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Q2 started talking about American Horror Story Asylum in the first post :

So as it's new characters, unrelated to the first season, hence its inclusion.

nOmArch

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I dunno, and I thought I was getting old :D

Neglify

Reaction score
Trophy Points
I wonder if Frink read the entire first post.

Q2

Staff member
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Neglify said:
I wonder if Frink read the entire first post.

Oh course he did. He's Frink, and Frink reads every word in a post multiple times before responding.

Don't you Frink. DON'T YOU!

Frantic Canadian

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Rogue-theX said:
I can`t wait to see how season 7 of Big Bang Theory turns out, hope its not crap.

Then you're going to have to wait a year because the 6th season is starting tomorrow. :p

Rogue-theX

Faneditor
Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Frantic Canadian said:
Then you're going to have to wait a year because the 6th season is starting tomorrow. :p

This is bullshit! :cry: I wanted to see season 7! :(

Top Bottom