• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

1st Wolverine Image

Wow, Hugh Jackman got in insane shape and has silver claws.....:|

Now give us a good movie and I'll be impressed.

I actually quite enjoyed the Wolverine origin movie.

nOmArch said:
I actually quite enjoyed the Wolverine origin movie.
I personally hope this one is better than the previous Origins disapointment

Well, lucky for you I think it would be a real challenge to make it worse than Orgins.

I sure hope there isn't a thread for the second image.

I just lol'd up in my mouth a little bit.

I love Identity and 3:10 to Yuma so I'm excited for James Mangold's involvement, fingers crossed on this one - perhaps he can capture the spirit of Claremont and Miller's original work.

Weirdness.

Empire Magazine:

"Where this film sits in the universe of the films is after them all," revealed Mangold. "Jean Grey is gone, most of the X-Men are disbanded or gone, so there’s a tremendous sense of isolation for him."

"Disbanded or gone"?! Things seemed pretty stable at the end of X3. Sure, they'd lost Cyke, but he wasn't all there to start with, and they seem to be getting Wheels back. Plus, there's a (groan) mutant-friendly president.

Are they going dystopian on us? Is this part of the "dark future" that Days of Future Past will seek to prevent? Is this movie's story destined to be retconned out of existence the year after it opens?

I think the team being gone probably has more to do with the fact that Wolverine had no reason to stay anymore. Jean was dead and X was disintegrated. It wouldn't have made a lot of sense for him to stay around so him going traveling makes sense. If anything, they might have changed the story up to tie it into FC2 better.

He stuck around after Jean died the first time, so why leave now? Halle's in charge, and with Wheels gone, they need all the protection they can get, in case something like the mansion invasion from X2 happens again. Besides, X3 saw Wolvie turn into a goody-goody X-man, complete with an inspirational pep talk to the young 'uns.

I guess it'll end up being something like what you describe, but, I dunno. We'll see...

TV's Frink said:
I sure hope there isn't a thread for the second image.

I just came here to make this joke. Good thing I checked page 1 first.

If only we had some forum administrators who could give the thread a more appropriate and durable title... you know, people to act as middle-men between the site's owners and hoi polloi... we could call such people...

(Plinkett voice) MEDIATORS!!!!

:p

Hey man, it's you guys who are going all off topic here by discussing more than that photograph

Neglify said:
Hey man, it's you guys who are going all off topic here by discussing more than that photograph

Actual literal laugh out loud.

Back
Top Bottom