• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

Bachelorette

Metrostar

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
"Bachelorette is an American comedy film written and directed by Leslye Headland, and produced by Will Ferrell and Adam McKay. The film wrapped production in New York. Bachelorette premiered at the Sundance Film Festival on January 23, 2012. The film will be released in the United States on September 7, 2012. The film has already enjoyed success on the VOD platform, reaching #1 on iTunes."

[video=youtube_share;X4U_kt2h-Sc]

My girlfriend and I watched this last night and oh my, what a complete and utter waste of time. I would rather shoot myself than watch it again. This is a terrible, terrible, terrible movie. It just wasn't funny. If you are a skanky, thirty year old drug addict, then MAYBE, just MAYBE you might find it funny. All but two of the main characters were completely unlikeable, hideous, nasty, foul-mouthed, self-centered assholes. Seriously. Avoid this movie like the plague. The movie offended my intelligence so much I would seriously consider not speaking to you again if you thought it was a great/hilarious movie. I would forever think there was something utterly wrong and broken about you. The only two likeable characters were guys and they just aren't in it enough to make the movie worth putting up with. Don't anyone tell me that you don't have to like characters to enjoy a movie. You have to like SOMEONE or you might as well be watching Jerry Springer. The foul language doesn't bother me. I'm from England and we all swear like fucking troopers there. No. The foul language in Bachelorette offended me because it was used incessantly and in the place of real jokes. Hey, we dont have a punchline for this conversation. Let's say c**t instead and to make it REALLY FUNNY, let's say it twice! Oh my god this movie is terrible. Rant over.

When I saw the thread title I thought this was going to be about that damn reality show. This movie sounds like it's trying to ride the coattails of Bridesmaids popularity. Bridesmaids sucked beyond belief, and this one doesn't look any better. I can't believe Will Ferrell and Adam McKay attached their names to this. And is that Airbourne on the soundtrack? They're probably the only good thing in the whole movie. :lol:

tenks for the warning, metro. if my wife tries to get me to watch it, i'll gnaw off my leg or sumptin.

I liked it purely because:

a) Kirsten Dunst
b) Isla Fisher
c) Lizzy Caplan.

That is all.

Whoever decided to advertize the film as a riotous comedy completely screwed the pooch. Sure, you trick some people into seeing it, but it will forever be known as "that shit Bridesmaids rip-off".

For the dramedy that it really is, I found it watchable enough. But not something I'd re-watch or recommend.

OMYGODOMYGOD THIS IS THE BEST MOVIE I'VE EVER SEEN IN MY LIFE!!!

Actually, I haven't seen it and don't ever plan to watch it. Just tickling Metrostar's nerves :p

Oh, good. Something else the missus will make me sit through. I thought Bridesmaids was bad enough, but this just sounds absolutely crap. No doubt women will like it, because, apparently, men's sense of humour is childish. Really? Have any women sat through Bridesmaids?

And yes, us Brits do swear like troopers, for fu*ks sake, b*****d w***er ;-)

JetSetWilly said:
And yes, us Brits do swear like troopers, for fu*ks sake, b*****d w***er ;-)

+1 Bollocksing Confirm.

Isla ("I'll fiiiiiiinnnnnnd you") Fisher = EXTREMELY cute. But I hated her character and it made wanting to get next to her impossible to think about during this movie.

Lol, Farlander. :)

Bachelorette is total bollocks. Watchable? I don't know. I watched til the end to see if it got better. Does that make it watchable? I'm glad that you wouldn't recommend it to anyone, UA.

Metrostar said:
Watchable? I don't know. I watched til the end to see if it got better. Does that make it watchable?
For me, if I watch it all the way 'til the end it counts as watchable. ;)

Uncanny Antman said:
For me, if I watch it all the way 'til the end it counts as watchable. ;)

We've got different criteria for watchable then. If I start a movie I have to finish it. No matter how bad it is. And because of that I've had to suffer through quite a few awful movies. :lol:

Back
Top Bottom