• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Empire mentions several fan edits.

spelledaren

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
In the September issue of Empire, while reading about a restored cut of an old horror movie, Night breed, I saw that Empire has included a small info box called "The Fandom Edits".

It lists a version of Metropolis that I'm not familiar with and The Phantom Menace, Pearl Harbour: Strength and Honor Edition, DeZIONised and an edit by Topher Grace.

Small blurbs about each, with great praise for TPM and Strength and Honor.

Is this something they do? I don't read the magazine that often.

wabid

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Anyone who doesn't mention A New Hope: Revisited, didn't do their homework.

TV's Frink

You Catch On Pretty Quick
Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I have no idea what Empire is.

reave

Staff member
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Will front page this when I get a chance. Nice find.

DominicCobb

Staff member
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Really? My brother picked me up a copy of that exact issue when he was in Scotland. Will have to look at it when I get a chance.

reave

Staff member
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Any online articles for this?

Metrostar

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I've often wondered when Empire was going to give Fanedits a mention. I always assumed that maybe they wouldn't want to piss off the filmmakers who give them a lot of access and therefore not talk about anything that involved downloading from unofficial sources. This is great news. :)

When I lived in England, I got Empire every month. Barnes and Noble carry it, but you have to get there as soon as they get it in. If you haven't read it, I recommend you give it a try. I recently found out they do international subscriptions and I have already asked for one for Christmas. I drove 40 miles the other week to look for Empire, but B&N was out. Might have to drive the 80 miles to the next nearest one and see if there is a copy of Empire still there. I don't think so. :(

Any chance of scanning the article and posting the pics, pretty please?

reave

Staff member
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Metrostar said:
Any chance of scanning the article and posting the pics, pretty please?

Yes, please.

DominicCobb

Staff member
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I'm about to head off to work, but I'll try to scan it and post it ASAP. Might be awhile though.

spelledaren

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Good thought, I have a scanner at home...if Dominic missed doing it, I'll do it tomorrow or so. If I can find the copy of Empire in the mess that's my house :oops:

DominicCobb

Staff member
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Actually my scanner doesn't seem to be working. If you could, that would be nice.

Top Bottom