• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Doctor Who

bionicbob

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Go to Youtube and hit "LIKE"!!!! 

Babelcolour will release the 2nd trailer when he gets One Thousand LIKES...

Make it so!!!   :D

Zarius

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Doctor Who Magazine this week confirms the writers for series 12

Chris Chibnall (four episodes, including opener and finale)
Ed Hime
Pete McTighe
Vinay Patel
Nina Metivier
Maxine Alderton
Charlene Jones

TM2YC

Take Me To Your Cinema
Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
The Season 26 blu-ray set has been delayed until late January for some reason. Better they get it right I suppose.

bionicbob

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
TM2YC said:
The Season 26 blu-ray set has been delayed until late January for some reason. Better they get it right I suppose.

In Canada, the release date is not until MARCH 2020.

Zarius

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Read the comic strip in today's Doctor Who Magazine, it's...interesting for a number of reasons

I loved seeing the floating head cameos of River, Sarah Jane, Susan, Barbara, Missy etc...only two male companions represented though, that was Ian and Jaime. I guess because they're the more popular ones?

The ending will only make sense if you follow the continuity of the comic strip, but the final few panels had me squealing, I get the feeling the strip's writer is a Doctor/Graham 'shipper like I am.

No, it isn't a kiss or anything, it's just The Doctor becoming visibly shaken and upset over the true nature of a creature she's helping (the creature is her) and finding comfort in Graham's arms

TM2YC

Take Me To Your Cinema
Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Zarius said:

Will Lenny be playing the Doctor again?

5ae11895-555e-41e7-b54b-9e9d6294ded1.jpg

ChainsawAsh

Reaction score
Trophy Points
I didn't buy the rumors that Chibs and Whittaker got sacked, but I'm not sure how happy I am about this news. We'll see how I feel after Series 12.

Was kind of hoping Chibnall would bail and Jodie would stay. I'm not a huge fan of the New Who precedent of Doctors leaving when their showrunner does, I'd like to see how a Doctor evolves under different leadership now and again.

I'd also like for a New Who Doctor to break the 3 series precedent. Was really hoping Capaldi would do that, but if Whittaker really owns the role from Series 12 on I wouldn't mind her sticking around through Series 14 to be the one to break that tradition.

addiesin

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Yeah, I agree with Ash. Really unsure of Chibnall, but really enjoying Whittaker.

Additionally, I'm hoping for some big changes and risks in the writing and fewer breaks between seasons. More than anything though, I'm just happy there will be more. I can always skip the bad episodes.

bionicbob

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
THE TEN DOCTORS RE-IMAGINED by Babelcolour 10th Anniversary 

Soooooo EXCITED!!!!!!!!!!  :D

asterixsmeagol

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I wasn't expecting the premiere to be so soon!
[url=http://www.doctorwhonews.net/2019/12/spyfall-021219150008.html]Doctor Who News[/url] said:
The Thirteenth Doctor is in her TARDIS on her way back to BBC One for a thrilling ten-part series which will land on New Year’s Day 2020, with subsequent episodes airing on Sundays.

Starting with a blockbuster action packed two-part episode entitled Spyfall, the Thirteenth Doctor is well and truly back with a bang. As Jodie Whittaker takes charge of the TARDIS once again, the Doctor will be joined by her friends Tosin Cole (Ryan), Mandip Gill (Yaz) and Bradley Walsh (Graham). The twelfth series will also welcome a host of famous faces including Stephen Fry, Sir Lenny Henry CBE, Robert Glenister and Goran Višnjić to name just a few.

Add to that some familiar faces including the Judoon and the Cybermen, series twelve is set to be an epic action packed rollercoaster for everyone, just don’t stray too far from behind the sofa...

Spyfall has been written by Chris Chibnall, Showrunner.

addiesin

Reaction score
Trophy Points
One of the most consistently confusing Chibnall era decisions so far is they insist there's no Christmas special, they watch everyone complain, then later announce that there is actually a special or episode but it will be released five days after Christmas. I can't be the only one who doesn't care about the technicality that it's not actually Christmas.

It's new Who. It's wintertime. Should be good enough. In recent years past, the show went on hiatus so much that a Christmas special was sometimes the only hope of a new episode. I suspect fan reactions are at least in part informed by the inconsistent release schedule.

Just seems like BBC is making it difficult for themselves. Instead of even talking about a Christmas special, they could say something like "we're going in a different direction to try to deliver full seasons in a more reasonable time frame, which sadly conflicts with practices that have become considered traditional for our series. Sorry for the change, but please trust us. Reinvention is a crucial part of keeping the show relevant, and more episodes are coming sooner than you might expect."

Something like that would be simple and would seemingly avoid a lot of the gossip and bad word of mouth generated by just saying "nope, no Christmas special this year either".

Zarius

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Here's your BBC ONE New Year's Day schedule, Doctor Who and Moffat/Gatiss Dracula on the same night, with dreary Eastenders sandwiched in between

EK34rAlXUAAEwJb

Top Bottom