• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Doctor Who

bionicbob

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
YES!!!  Season 26!

Love this trailer!

bionicbob

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
^ So quick question about the Season 26 Blu Ray Collection....

The post-Doctor life Ace describes it the trailer, is that from the Big Finish Audio series or just created for this promotion?

wilhelm scream

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
bionicbob said:
^ So quick question about the Season 26 Blu Ray Collection....

The post-Doctor life Ace describes it the trailer, is that from the Big Finish Audio series or just created for this promotion?

It's hard to say. The Class (the spin-off that only lasted 1 series) audios established that Ace escaped the Time War and did indeed set-up her own charity (as established in the Sarah Jane Adventures). But they have an audio coming out next year which apparently states that Ace has not scene the doctor for 20 years, and the trailer states it's 30. Either I'm misremembering something, or the Faction Paradox are screwing up the Doctor's history and creating continuity errors everywhere (or the time war is responsible) again.

TM2YC

Take Me To Your Cinema
Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Students from the University of Central Lancashire (with approval of the BBC) have recreated one of the missing Doctor Who episodes in all it's blurry, black and white, micro-budget glory. Just gone up on youtube:

An ultimate fan film and a bit like that Alien student show. What a cool thing for all these kids to have on their CVs "worked on a 1965 Doctor Who episode" :D .

Making of too:

MusicEd921

Donor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
It's so weird because I'd say 2 or 3 days ago I was in my car thinking about how surprising it is that fans haven't tried recreating the missing episodes since it takes a LONG time for the animations to come out and they are selective about which ones they do.  I've been hoping and craving to see The Dalek Masterplan in all its glory.  I was able to get a copy of the graphic novel that was made for charity and all it did besides fill in some gaps in the overall Who story is make me dream of seeing the story come to life (and not necessarily in animated form).  Maybe these guys will venture into that territory since this is essentially a prequel to that story?

asterixsmeagol

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
This is a great choice for fan reproduction since it doesn't have any of the main cast in it anyway.

MusicEd921

Donor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
asterixsmeagol said:
This is a great choice for fan reproduction since it doesn't have any of the main cast in it anyway.

I just wish they would use David Bradley and cast some lookalikes for the other characters and reproduce some of the other lost ones that are more-or-less essential Who, like Marco Polo or Dalek Master Plan or film a couple of TV movies that basically sums up those missing stories (like cut Marco Polo down to an hour special or Dalek Master Plan to a 90 minute special).

TM2YC

Take Me To Your Cinema
Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
^ Yep. It's not like it would be expensive, or time consuming to recreate those episodes if they went for the same 60s aesthetic (technically speaking). There would probably be rights issues though. The Dalek rights holders (or the authors of other stories) were okay with some students doing one episode but the BBC doing whole series for commercial release might not so easily be approved.

MusicEd921

Donor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Hey, the second I see a kickstarter type thing to recreate Dalek Master Plan, I will donate my first born to see that come to life (sorry, my son).

Handman

Reaction score
Trophy Points
The guy who did that making of doc is Josh Snares, and he's been putting out great documentaries on his YouTube channel for awhile now.  It's great to see his work getting recognition from the BBC!

Zarius

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I hope we get some series 12 trailers or some more concrete news soon, all I've had to deal with on the Gallifrey Base forums are pages and pages of wild, unfounded speculation about Jodie and Chibs leaving after series 12, christmas specials being rushed into production, and a hard reboot for the show after 2023. Utterly mad.

asterixsmeagol

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I am also nervous not having heard anything for so long. I'm still disappointed that we aren't even getting a Christmas special this year.

ChainsawAsh

Reaction score
Trophy Points
I actually think we might get a surprise Christmas special this year. I saw something about filming currently being underway for a Christmas special that the article assumed would air next year, but it seems absurd for them to film a 2020 Christmas special in October 2019.

Zarius

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
ChainsawAsh said:
I actually think we might get a surprise Christmas special this year. I saw something about filming currently being underway for a Christmas special that the article assumed would air next year, but it seems absurd for them to film a 2020 Christmas special in October 2019.

It's not if you believe the rumours Jodie and Chibnall were given the sack in the summer.

TM2YC

Take Me To Your Cinema
Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I was watching a DW bonus feature on the S10 Pertwee blu-ray set and somebody mentioned he dressed like Jimi Hendrix. Never noticed it before :) .

1897.png

princejimi.jpg

screen_shot_2018-05-17_at_12.27.14_pm.png

"Have you ever been experienced in time and space? Well I have."

He would have been an interesting Doctor.

Handman

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Zarius said:
ChainsawAsh said:

It's not if you believe the rumours Jodie and Chibnall were given the sack in the summer.

https://www.radiotimes.com/news/tv/...parture-rumours-branded-nonsense-by-insiders/

Zarius

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Handman said:
Zarius said:
ChainsawAsh said:

https://www.radiotimes.com/news/tv/...parture-rumours-branded-nonsense-by-insiders/

That in itself didn't help matters, RT's source was itself anonymous and not done through official channels, and it was revealed recently in a podcast interview by an insider that they were instructed to debunk the rumour by the BBC (go to 31:20)

Top Bottom