• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Doctor Who

Handman

Reaction score
Trophy Points
So, the new Macra Terror animation is only out in the UK, yes?  Damn region coding.

TM2YC

Take Me To Your Cinema
Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Handman said:
So, the new Macra Terror animation is only out in the UK, yes?  Damn region coding.

The other two blu-rays in this series were region free, so I guess this will be too. Just a guess though. Actually, I think all the Doctor Who sets are region-free, at least the more recent ones.

ChainsawAsh

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Then it becomes a question of 60Hz/50Hz compatibility (though I'd assume as it's animation they'd just go 24p so they can say 1080p, as 25p isn't allowed under the Blu-Ray spec, in which case it's a non-issue).

Handman

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Amazon says it is region-coded, I'd like to make sure.  I guess I can wait a few days.

Zarius

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Splendid stuff.

Good to see her husband too.

Handman

Reaction score
Trophy Points
I want to see these ideas and this cast.  But it'll never happen.

TM2YC

Take Me To Your Cinema
Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
^ Sylvester McCoy and Colin Baker? I love McCoy as the "Professor" but Colin Baker should probably be in last place. Not that I don't like him too but somebody has to be last :D.

TM2YC

Take Me To Your Cinema
Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Handman said:
I haven't watched enough of them to properly assess them, and the clips I've seen haven't made me very eager to, unfortunately.

McCoy can be really good like in this great little scene from the serial where he travels back to the 60s to stop the Daleks (and yes that's Jeffrey from the Fresh Prince):

Handman

Reaction score
Trophy Points
His run does look very promising, especially near the end.  Why is it that each Doctor's first season tends to be their worst?  When they start, I can't wait for them to leave.  By the time they move on, I want another year of them.  Happened with Capaldi, Troughton, Tennant, and McCoy, far as I can tell.

TM2YC

Take Me To Your Cinema
Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
91wYISgredL._SX342_.jpg

As good as it was, I decided to sell my Doctor Who Season 12 Limited Edition Blu-Ray set on eBay. I paid £39.99 for it in July last year and I sold it for...

£350 (about $450)

loadsamoneyxxx_3561517c.jpg

Some hardcore Doctor Who fans out there for sure! Why didn't I buy 10 copies?

I shall be keeping an eye on the resale value of the Season 18 & 19 sets (they haven't gone out of print yet though).

Handman

Reaction score
Trophy Points
I have no idea why that set is OOP already.  The BBC screwed that up.  None of the others will fetch prices like that, because they've made more of them since realizing just how huge the demand for them are.

Zarius

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
A lot happened in the last couple of weeks in May...some old monsters confirmed for series 12.

The Judoon

Top Bottom