• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Doctor Who

addiesin

Reaction score
Trophy Points
wilhelm scream said:
TomH1138 said:
Wow, that's astonishingly good work, including the voice by Pete Walsh!

Did you edit that, Wilhelm, or are you just passing it on?

Just passing it on.

Cool find, though.

wilhelm scream

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
addiesin said:
wilhelm scream said:
TomH1138 said:
Wow, that's astonishingly good work, including the voice by Pete Walsh!

Did you edit that, Wilhelm, or are you just passing it on?

Just passing it on.

Cool find, though.

Yeah, I wonder if the uploader will eventually do any more edits putting the 9th doctor into the 50th anniversary special or 8th Doctor regeneration.

Zarius

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
wilhelm scream said:
If Moffatt's original plan for the 50th happened: 

Thanks for sharing. I took the clip and made a full private Name of the Doctor fanedit with that tagged on at the end. I did an extra bit of editing to work around Clara seeing nine earlier in the void, and removing the bits where she says she saw "eleven faces, all of them you", now when she asks who he is and Smith says "he's me...there's only me here that's the point, now let's get back", Clara instantly faints and we get the remainder of Comet's clip here. :)

wilhelm scream

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Zarius said:
wilhelm scream said:
If Moffatt's original plan for the 50th happened: 

Thanks for sharing. I took the clip and made a full private Name of the Doctor fanedit with that tagged on at the end. I did an extra bit of editing to work around Clara seeing nine earlier in the void, and removing the bits where she says she saw "eleven faces, all of them you", now when she asks who he is and Smith says "he's me...there's only me here that's the point, now let's get back", Clara instantly faints and we get the remainder of Comet's clip here. :)

If I had good photoshop skills, then I would do a telecomic where 9 was the war doctor. Maybe that's something that Whopix/Whoflix could do in the future.

Handman

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Well, guess that's your proof right there.  Again, ratings only matter to the network, there's no use discussing it until they think there's something wrong.  And, it looks like they do.  Begin panicking.

Handman

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Honestly, the show needs another hiatus.  Not as long as the first one, but long enough where some people can work out what went wrong with the show and bring some new ideas in.  Just having a female Doctor isn't a new idea if little else changes.  I'm talking story, world-building, format, etc. etc.

We got very tired writing in S11, and if it doesn't drastically improve for S12, I'm certain the ratings will continue to drop and the show's continuation will certainly be called into question.

ThrowgnCpr

awol
Staff member
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I enjoyed season 11, and i enjoyed it more than any of the 12th Doctor's run. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

TomH1138

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Handman said:
Honestly, the show needs another hiatus.  Not as long as the first one, but long enough where some people can work out what went wrong with the show and bring some new ideas in.  Just having a female Doctor isn't a new idea if little else changes.  I'm talking story, world-building, format, etc. etc.

We got very tired writing in S11, and if it doesn't drastically improve for S12, I'm certain the ratings will continue to drop and the show's continuation will certainly be called into question.

See, that's a surprising opinion to me. Most people complained that the changes were too drastic, and it didn't feel like DW at all to them. There was a whole new group of writers this time, which helped to account for that. Pretty much no one else was saying that it was the tired, same old thing.

You're entitled to that opinion, of course. I'm somewhat neutral on the issue. I just think it's interesting that your reaction was so different from everyone else's. It's like how most people complain that the Abramverse Trek movies feel nothing like Star Trek, but my sister couldn't stand it because, well, it was Star Trek.

Handman

Reaction score
Trophy Points
TomH1138 said:
Handman said:

See, that's a surprising opinion to me. Most people complained that the changes were too drastic, and it didn't feel like DW at all to them. There was a whole new group of writers this time, which helped to account for that. Pretty much no one else was saying that it was the tired, same old thing.

Oh, it certainly changed.  I just felt tired watching it, and even though everything was new, it didn't feel new, if that makes sense.  The basic framework of each episode felt very... simple.  And not in an entertaining way.  It felt like a ton of aspects were ditched and we went back to basics, but didn't do anything to make it compelling.

You're entitled to that opinion, of course. I'm somewhat neutral on the issue. I just think it's interesting that your reaction was so different from everyone else's.

That's probably because I'm an individual :p

addiesin

Reaction score
Trophy Points
I thought some stories were great and some were boring and some had like one thing that I wish was different. And I felt like Resolution was a way better season finale than the actual season finale. 

I've never understood the separation of the Specials from the rest of the episodes. Can anyone who knows explain the reasoning behind that? Is it common in BBC shows? I know Sherlock did one but that was another Moffatt show. (And Davies did half a season of specials once, in addition to the holiday ones, so it's not just a Moffatt thing). I really would like to know.

I also watched the episodes several days later through the BBC America app, I don't think I can even contribute to ratings. If they are slipping, that's sad to hear. But what's new in those numbers? Is it the ratings for Resolution or are the counts actually different than what was already listed for the other episodes?

TomH1138

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Handman said:
Oh, it certainly changed.  I just felt tired watching it, and even though everything was new, it didn't feel new, if that makes sense.  The basic framework of each episode felt very... simple.  And not in an entertaining way.  It felt like a ton of aspects were ditched and we went back to basics, but didn't do anything to make it compelling.

Ah, gotcha. Fair enough! For a show that makes as much money for the BBC as DW does, there were some elements and stories that seemed to be struggling from a lack of budget (which ironically makes it more like classic Who, but not in a way that most people would want)!

That's probably because I'm an individual :p

Indeed! It's like me thinking that Iron Man 2 is one of the best MCU movies. Everything resonates (or, in this case, doesn't resonate) differently with different people.  :cool:

TomH1138

Reaction score
Trophy Points
addiesin said:
I've never understood the separation of the Specials from the rest of the episodes. Can anyone who knows explain the reasoning behind that? Is it common in BBC shows? I know Sherlock did one but that was another Moffatt show. (And Davies did half a season of specials once, in addition to the holiday ones, so it's not just a Moffatt thing). I really would like to know.

It seems like specials do big numbers, ratings-wise. There hasn't been a single season finale that's pulled in as high of ratings as a season premiere (even though the finales are usually better) or a special. The highest-rated episode of nuWho is the 2007 Christmas special.

I always thought it would make more sense to vary up the holidays, as the well seemed to run dry for new Christmas stories. For instance, doing a Halloween or a Valentine's Day special would be different. But then, look at the negative fan reaction to no Christmas special this year (even though they got a special a week later, and the show historically only had one Christmas special before 2005). And I think the ratings were down besides for that.

bionicbob

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
So I got my notice from Amazon that my pre-ordered Tom Baker  season 7 Blu Ray has shipped -- yay!

But I thought it was odd that there still has been no official announcement/pre-order up for the next classic Who blu-ray collection, since they usually overlap the release day with the coming next tease.

Any rumours what will be next?  Pertwee?  McCoy? Another Davison?  :huh:

wilhelm scream

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
bionicbob said:
So I got my notice from Amazon that my pre-ordered Tom Baker  season 7 Blu Ray has shipped -- yay!

But I thought it was odd that there still has been no official announcement/pre-order up for the next classic Who blu-ray collection, since they usually overlap the release day with the coming next tease.

Any rumours what will be next?  Pertwee?  McCoy? Another Davison?  :huh:

Well if it's Pertwee, then it can only be seasons 10 or 11 (since most of the studio recordings for his previous seasons are lost and only exist in low-quality copies. And even then, they would probably have to re-do the colourisation process for the 2 Pertwee episodes that only survived in black-and-white (Planet of the Daleks episode 3 and Invasion of the dinosaurs episode 1), so I doubt it. 

Logically, the best choice (apart from another Baker release) would be season 21 (as apart from Resurrection of the Daleks, all the stories have the original film inserts survive).

Zarius

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
All of Death Comes To Time can be found on Youtube.  If you're curious at what a rare attempt at giving Doctor Who an actual ending looks like, check out all five parts

bionicbob

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Tom Baker's season 18 (or 7, stupid North American marketing... :p) blu ray has new FX for Logopolis ....

http://https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5BRbe8CWE5o[/video]

Top Bottom