• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Doctor Who

bionicbob

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Stumbled upon this, a little fan edit teasing Rassilon's regeneration from Dalton to Sumpter....

http://https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4w-hqiLNTeE[/video]

Zarius

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Not bad, I probably would have stopped short of photo-shopping Sumpter's head on him though and just kept the effect.

Zarius

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Anyone manage to find the leaks of the new TARDIS set?

The photo was of the console without any lighting, so it looked kind of dull and grey...looks like Doc's gone and nicked some crystals from the Superman fortress lot... :p

bionicbob

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
From TVShowOnDVD, via a Reddit post,  the next Who blu-ray release is season 19....

2EWck1cl.jpg

Also confirmed by Digital Spy....
http://www.digitalspy.com/tv/doctor...ctor-who-series-next-classic-blu-ray-release/

pre-orders available Aug 22, with a November release date (not sure if this Region 1 date too?)

DANLAV05

Reaction score
Trophy Points
And for those into the audio range a very special release has been announced to celebrate 20 Years of Big Finish producing Doctor Who:

https://www.bigfinish.com/news/v/doctor-who-the-legacy-of-time

[font=Arial,]In 2019 Big Finish will celebrate 20 years of creating Doctor Who stories on audio, and it’s doing so in style with The Legacy of Time – the biggest audio crossover event ever! Six hour-long stories see characters from the entire history of Doctor Who crossing paths – some for the very first time – Classic and New Series Doctor Who will collide![/font]

[font=Arial,]Professor River Song (Alex Kingston) meets her predecessor, another time-travelling archaeologist, Professor Bernice Summerfield (Lisa Bowerman). Kate Stewart (Jemma Redgrave) travels back in time to classic UNIT and meets the Third Doctor (voiced by Tim Treloar) and Jo Grant (Katy Manning).[/font]
[font=Arial,]As 2018 is also the 30th anniversary year of their first appearance in Remembrance of the Daleks, the Counter-Measures team will be reunited with the Seventh Doctor (Sylvester McCoy) and Ace (Sophie Aldred). And the Sixth Doctor (Colin Baker) and his companion Charlotte Pollard (India Fisher) once again meet Detective Inspector Patricia Menzies (Anna Hope) in a police procedural like no other![/font]

[font=Arial,]Plus we go to Gallifrey, and elsewhere we enter the Time War. Doctors will meet, and there will be Easter Eggs aplenty.[/font]

[font=Arial,]Time is collapsing. Incidents of temporal chaos and devastation are appearing throughout the many lives of the Doctor and his friends – fallout from one terrible disaster.[/font]
[font=Arial,]The Doctor must save history itself – and he will need all the help he can get.[/font]

[font=Arial,]1. Lies in Ruins by James Goss
2. The Split Infinitive by John Dorney
3. The Sacrifice of Jo Grant by Guy Adams
4. Episode four by Matt Fitton (to be confirmed)
5. The Avenues of Possibility by Jonny Morris
6. Collision Course by Guy Adams[/font]

[font=Arial,]The truth is revealed, and it will take more than one Doctor to save the day![/font]

[font=Arial,]Executive Producer and one of the founding members of Big Finish, Nicholas Briggs told us about this exciting new release: “The Legacy of Time will probably go down in Big Finish history as our biggest, most exciting production, ever! Celebrating 20 years of Doctor Who at Big Finish, it expertly pulls together all the strands from our many and varied Doctor Whoranges.[/font]

[font=Arial,]“This is down to the brilliance of script editor Matt Fitton and producer David Richardson. They epitomise the creative strength, organisational expertise and leadership of the company. Quite simply, this is going to blow people’s minds! It’s got everything!”[/font]

[font=Arial,]“How do you celebrate 20 years of Doctor Who at Big Finish?” questions the producer assigned this epic task, David Richardson. “How do you celebrate something that has meant so much to all of us who work here – the friendships, the freedom to be creative, the glory that is Doctor Who itself? That was the challenge facing myself and Matt Fitton, but once I’d had an idea for what this six-hour epic would be about (spoilers!) it was then relatively easy to start assembling the huge team of characters and actors who would take us on the journey.[/font]

[font=Arial,]“The Legacy of Time is quite possibly the biggest Doctor Who story we have ever told at Big Finish. It’s been so hugely satisfying to make – I hope everyone finds it just as satisfying to listen to!”[/font]

[font=Arial,]Chairman and Executive producer of Big Finish, Jason Haigh-Ellery, “In July 1999 we released The Sirens of Time. In July 2019 we're releasing The Legacy of Time. Those two decades have been so fulfilling for us at Big Finish - a chance to work with so many great and talented actors, writers, production crews and all of our friends at the BBC. This is a celebration of it all, with lots of surprise returns and references. Think of it as one massive Doctor Who party - and everyone is invited…”[/font]

[font=Arial,]Doctor Who: The Legacy of Time will be available from www.bigfinish.com on download and, as we're one of the last audio producers and distributors still making CDs, released in an eight-disc CD set with a limited edition of just 4,000.[/font]

[font=Arial,]Doctor Who: The Legacy of Time will be released in July 2019, marking the 20th anniversary of Big Finish’s first Doctor Who release, The Sirens of Time.[/font]

asterixsmeagol

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
bionicbob said:
From TVShowOnDVD, via a Reddit post,  the next Who blu-ray release is season 19....

I'd be more interested in a repackaging of the existing DVDs into season sets immediately than unnecessary upscaling to Blu-ray of episodes that were taped and not filmed. Right now Doctor Who DVDs are so cumbersome and expensive.

TM2YC

Take Me To Your Cinema
Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Hope this month goes by fast :D .

Zarius

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Sunday Times was wrong. Official airdate is October 7th.

wilhelm scream

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Zarius said:

Let's see... awful music, an aspect ratio trying to make this look like a movie and some very clunky exposition dialogue, I think it's time to for me to give up TV Doctor Who and stay in the wonderful world of the Big Finish audios.

addiesin

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Zarius said:

Awesome. Doctor Who changes a lot, but it never really changes. This still feels like my show. What do we have left, a month? Can't wait.

Dialogue in a trailer is like plot in a VFX reel. You're seeing selected pieces. It's not an accurate representation of the whole. And in this case, the target audience for the trailer is the mainstream audience with no idea what Doctor Who is.

I don't think the music is bad. It's not for me, and it doesn't fit the trailer, but it's unlikely to be in the actual show so Eh.

TM2YC

Take Me To Your Cinema
Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
As a fellow Northerner, the new Doctor dramatically stating "Let's get a shift on!" makes me smile :D   . FX shots are looking pretty slick.

ThrowgnCpr

awol
Staff member
Reaction score
Trophy Points
This looks great. The music was lame, and I wish movies and shows would stop trying to force pop songs on trailers, but the feel of the show seems great. I'm excited.

asterixsmeagol

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
ThrowgnCpr said:
This looks great. The music was lame, and I wish movies and shows would stop trying to force pop songs on trailers, but the feel of the show seems great. I'm excited.

You would think they would have learned from the bad reaction to the music that CBS just used in the Discovery trailer a few weeks ago.

addiesin

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Someone fanedited it to get rid of the pop song.

wilhelm scream

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
addiesin said:
Someone fanedited it to get rid of the pop song.

It's a bit better, but I still think it was a bad idea to get Chris Chibnall to be showrunner. Why? Because he has written some awful DW episodes (e.g. the Power of Three), but he also wrote 2 of the worst Torchwood episodes of all time (Cyberwoman and End of Days).

asterixsmeagol

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
The trailer is much improved by removing the music.
I'm hoping Chibnall's run as show runner is more like Broadchurch and less like his previous work on Doctor Who/Torchwood.

Top Bottom