If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot. More details on our policies, especially our Own the Source rule are available here. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.

Every month we ask the community to vote on their Favorite Fanedit of the Month. To view the nominees and vote visit this thread.

Doctor Who
(01-01-2018, 02:19 PM)TomH1138 Wrote: I’m thinking of an edit for “Twice.” I thought it was terrific just as it was, but I would make a few changes to try to make it feel like an actual Hartnell storyline
That sounds like a fun way to rewatch.
TomH1138  , if you go through with this, I can assist.  I've tinkered with a process for processing video to resemble the 405-line / 377i look of the Hartnell era for quite a while, and would be happy to give your edit that treatment once you've cut everything together.
With Crimbo over, I finally found time to watch the DW special and it really was one of the all-time greats IMO. The sometime Doctor team ups are always fun and the sparkling banter between One and Twelve was no exception. Some of Capaldi's dialogue at the end brought a tear to the eye. The episode was visually the best the show has ever looked.
You know, in retrospect, Moffat probably had more planned out than we might give him credit for.

Oh yeah ^ Joanna Lumley would have genuinely made a great Doctor. She's hosting the BAFTAs this year by the way.