• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Doctor Who

TM2YC

Take Me To Your Cinema
Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
matrixgrindhouse said:

Okay, on the strength of that, I'm ready for this to be the best episode ever... no pressure :D .

3 Doctors in one scene?!?

I randomly found this great 1985 spoof (which I'd never seen before)...

British Comedian Lenny Henry as the first(?) black Doctor. I'd totally be on board with now older Lenny as a future Doc (He was also on Broadchurch). I like his costume's mix of Tom/Colin Baker and Shaft. It's almost similar to Tennant's trench-coat and trainers silhouette.

matrixgrindhouse

Reaction score
Trophy Points

He had a rough start thanks in no small part to bad characterization and questionable writing overall.  But in the end, he shaped up to be a fine Doctor.  I'm gonna miss him.

matrixgrindhouse

Reaction score
Trophy Points
TM2YC said:
matrixgrindhouse said:

Okay, on the strength of that, I'm ready for this to the best episode ever... no pressure :D .

3 Doctors in one scene?!?

Three?  That's not Jodie Whittaker at the 17 second mark, is it?  I thought it was meant to be a recast Polly, one of the companions present in Hartnell's last story.  I could be mistaken, however.

Well, if nothing else, we can easily predict that it will be the best "Mark Gatiss Episode", if nothing else.

matrixgrindhouse

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Speaking of!  I've been hearing some tasty rumors.

Gatiss's character is credited only as "The Captain" in press materials, his name unknown.  Possibly a Leftbridge-Stewart ancestor?

Zarius

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I heard he may be playing someone who was responnsible for the invention of police phone boxes, who was a war veteran....thing abouut that is he was not a captain so might be false

TM2YC

Take Me To Your Cinema
Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
A 2-minute preview of the Christmas special. If you don't want to "unwrap your presents early" then probably don't watch...

The Scribbling Man

Tenant of the Tower of Flints
Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Has anyone come across this before? 

https://whoflix.wordpress.com/doctor-who/

A crazy amount of Doctor Who fanedits here. I'm not a fan myself, but I stumbled upon this while trying to find something for my sister (who is a fan) and thought it may interest some. No idea how good they are, but may be worth checking out.

Zarius

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Yes, Whoflix has been mentioned here many times by myself and others.

I've got a whole folder full of his edits on my hard drive. In fact I was just watching his ambitious two-part Five Doctors edit today, which is very well cut together using footage from the serial "State of Decay" to give the Fourth Doctor more of a complete adventure within the existing special, and uses stills and some photoshop/video mixing too.

The quality of the edits varies from entry to entry though.

The Scribbling Man

Tenant of the Tower of Flints
Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Zarius said:

I've got a whole folder full of his edits on my hard drive. In fact I was just watching his ambitious two-part Five Doctors edit today, which is very well cut together using footage from the serial "State of Decay" to give the Fourth Doctor more of a complete adventure within the existing special, and uses stills and some photoshop/video mixing too.

Have you seen his edit of The Deadly Assassin? I found the page because my sister asked me to do an edit of it and I thought I'd check to see if it had already been  done. If it's any good then I'll tell her to check it out.

Zarius

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Juniquex said:
Zarius said:

Have you seen his edit of The Deadly Assassin? I found the page because my sister asked me to do an edit of it and I thought I'd check to see if it had already been  done. If it's any good then I'll tell her to check it out.

Yeah, it's really good, manages to use a bit of "The Hand of Fear" at the beginning to see off Sarah Jane, and quickens the pace of part one, the whole thing is an hour and six minutes.

TM2YC

Take Me To Your Cinema
Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points

As one of the youtube comments says "I’M NOT CRYING YOU’RE CRYING".

Zarius

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Doctor...I let you go

wilhelm scream

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I rather like Twice upon a time. I thought it was brilliant, and was the best way to end Moffat's very mixed era.

matrixgrindhouse

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Beautiful episode.  Peter's era had a rocky start, but smoothed its way to an absolutely fantastic finish.  No complaints, not a one.  I'm still processing everything - BBC America lied, listing the episode as being half an hour longer than it actually is.  They're doing a farewell to Capaldi special - I'll watch it tomorrow.  I'm just dealing with a whole bunch of emotions sooner than expected.

matrixgrindhouse

Reaction score
Trophy Points
There were a lot of familiar musical themes in the episode - some going back to Eccelston's season.  Is Murray Gold leaving, too?!  I know it's rumored, but haven't found any official announcements.

Zamros

Reaction score
Trophy Points
I loved it. It was an incredible character study with very mature themes, social commentary and surprisingly well written dialogue.

Capaldi hasn't been this good since Tucker resigned. David Bradley completely melted into Hartnell's Doctor, coming to grips for the first time with losing himself.

I love the move away (which will apparently be continued) from the Deus Ex Gadgetry. Bradley figuring out things through mindfullness and logical deduction, not waving about a magic wand, magic paper and magic time box, was so refreshing to see.

Obviously none of us have really seen enough of Jodie Whittaker for us to really comment on what she will be like as the Doctor. But it seems as though she may be similar to John Pertwee's take in tone and plot, so I'm excited to see it.

Mark Gattis was incredible in his role, and I'm glad this was who he chose to play in he and Moffat's last Who (Finally!)
The culmination of his arch with the most important Christmas of all time, moved me to tears.

He started off poor, peaked in season 2, slowed down in 3 but he finished with my favourite Doctor Who episode since the last Davros arch (Doesn't sound impressive, but those episodes were freaking incredible among a bunch of shit), Capaldi has easily earned his status as one of the great Who's.

My current list in order of preference:

1. Tom Baker
2. Peter Cushing
3. David Tennant
4. John Pertwee
5. Peter Capaldi
6. Matt Smith
7. Peter Davidson
8. John Hurt
9. David Bradley
10. Christopher Ecclestone
11. William Hartnell