• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Doctor Who

TM2YC

Take Me To Your Cinema
Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Why don't we all take some time out on this discussion to cool down. How about say 50 years?

Then when we've had the next 13 Doctors all be women, we can start discussing things not being equal.

TV's Frink

You Catch On Pretty Quick
Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
But I'll be dead then.

TV's Frink

Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
DE7yt-aVoAAhQMi.jpg

bionicbob

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
What if Dr. Who had been created in America.....

http://https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l-3x5pf2GVM[/video]

:D

matrixgrindhouse

Reaction score
Trophy Points
asterixsmeagol said:
I'm pretty sure Time Lords have two penises.

I'm pretty sure Clara and her family would have mentioned something about this.  That, or there's a stereotype about Swedes that I'm unaware of.

dangermouse

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I have to say that I'm glad I live in Europe. Here it is still possible to have socio-political debates and discuss ideas without the desperate need to fling faeces and engage in ad hominem attacks on whoever has a different opinion. At least now I understand why America voted in an ape as a president.
If anyone feels like engaging on this topic above the level of a toddler in a playpen, feel free to PM me.

LastSurvivor

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Sigh.... this is all a bit heated... but all I can say is that a woman being The Doctor has been discussed ever since Tom Baker was going to regenerate, so it's no biggie.  All I care about is good stories, good acting etc.   Give me some excellent DOctor Who stories, that's all.   

However.. don't get me started on Bond becoming a woman... that's just silly.  If you want to do that, just create a new 00 character who is a woman.  

Good luck Jodie Whittaker... if Chris Chibnall is up to the task, you'll be brilliant I'm sure.

addiesin

Reaction score
Trophy Points
dangermouse said:
I have to say that I'm glad I live in Europe. Here it is still possible to have socio-political  debates and discuss ideas without the desperate need to fling faeces and engage in ad hominem attacks on whoever has a different opinion. At least now I understand why America voted in an ape as a president.
If anyone feels like engaging on this topic above the level of a toddler in a playpen, feel free to PM me.

That's not the high road. You're the one slinging insults at fellow members with different opinions, nobody else is doing that. I simply asked you a question.

MusicEd921

Donor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I just find it interesting how heated everything has gotten because a female was cast in a role that could well be held by any gender.  Just because there has only been male presidents in America doesn't mean we can't have a female at some point.  Same goes with a fictional TV show.  

All in all things have gotten heated over here.  @"dangermouse", sorry you aren't happy with the casting of the new Doctor.  You of course don't have to be happy about it and you've shared your views on it.  Hopefully you'll give her a chance when the show comes back and maybe she'll win you over.  While I certainly don't agree with your views on it, it is your opinion and hopefully once Jodie takes the stage, your concerns will be put to rest.

DigModiFicaTion

DᴉმWoqᴉԷᴉcɑꓕᴉou
Staff member
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
dangermouse said:
At least now I understand why America voted in an ape as a president.

Just to let you know, the majority of us did not vote for him.

And now an on topic post of a fantastic actress who embraces the doctor the way I do.
3772908.jpg

TV's Frink

Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
dangermouse said:
I have to say that I'm glad I live in Europe. Here it is still possible to have socio-political  debates and discuss ideas without the desperate need to fling faeces and engage in ad hominem attacks on whoever has a different opinion. At least now I understand why America voted in an ape as a president.

If you feel like discussing the relevant topic of a woman Doctor, feel free.  But this is your last warning.  The next post you make that is nothing but insults will result in a 1-day ban.

TV's Frink

Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
LastSurvivor said:
However.. don't get me started on Bond becoming a woman... that's just silly.  If you want to do that, just create a new 00 character who is a woman.

Because it's tangentially related, I'll engage...

Why is that silly?  Obviously you couldn't call her "James Bond" so she'd be Jane Bond or something, but assuming everything else about her is the same other than her first name and that she's a woman, what's the big deal?

Honestly I don't know much more about Jame Bond than I do about Doctor Who, but he's a super spy and womanizer, right?  A woman can do those things.

I know you said "just create a new 00 character who is a woman" but I don't see how making James Bond a woman is any different than doing that.

dangermouse

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
TVs Frink said:
LastSurvivor said:

Why is that silly?  Obviously you couldn't call her "James Bond" so she'd be Jane Bond or something, but assuming everything else about her is the same other than her first name and that she's a woman, what's the big deal?

Honestly I don't know much more about Jame Bond than I do about Doctor Who, but he's a super spy and womanizer, right?  A woman can do those things.

I know you said "just create a new 00 character who is a woman" but I don't see how making James Bond a woman is any different than doing that.
Are you going to ban yourself Frink? This is totally off topic. Get off your soapbox or move it to another thread

Vultural

Donor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Sure you can call a female James.
I know at least two Jamies who also answer to James.
Mind you, I have trouble picturing Emily Mortimer as 007.

TV's Frink

Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
dangermouse said:
TVs Frink said:
LastSurvivor said:

Are you going to ban yourself Frink? This is totally off topic. Get off your soapbox or move it to another thread

[*checks staff list*]

Nope, you're not on it.  Next time don't try to moderate the forums.

Enjoy a day off.

TM2YC

Take Me To Your Cinema
Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Help is at hand...

Gaith

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
TVs Frink said:
[...]

I wouldn't be offended by a "Jane Bond", or consider it in any way a big deal, but I don't see what the point would be. The Doctor is a regenerating alien, so sure, being gender-flexible makes sense. But James Bond is a guy who works for a spy agency, so if one wanted to do a story about a woman spy, wouldn't it make more sense to create such a character in the same agency than to gender-swap one of today's most archetypal masculine characters? If anything, I'd think it'd be more interesting to create the new female womanizing super-spy character, because then she and James could interact, and that sounds to me like a memorable conversation.

TV's Frink

Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I mean honestly the point would at least partly be to piss off people who couldn't handle it.

But it would be pretty fascinating to gender swap one of today's archetypal masculine characters.  Who wouldn't want to see a female spy bedding every single man she crossed paths with while simultaneously punching them in the face a bunch of times?

My Bond knowledge is obviously not much greater than my Who knowledge.

Top Bottom