• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Doctor Who

ThrowgnCpr

awol
Staff member
Reaction score
Trophy Points
TM2YC said:
This looks awesome. I really like the style of these animations from previous releases... however it had better be in 4:3 and not 16:9 like that trailer. That would be sacrilegious.

I dunno, that animation is far too crisp and modern to fit to the antiquated 4:3 format. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

MusicEd921

Donor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I'm just more excited for this animated feature than I am for another season of Capaldi and Moffat.  

Where my wife and I would anxiously await new episodes with our sonic screwdrivers in hand and a plate of jammie dodgers nearby, the show has become a bit of a chore.  Glad I have this Planet of the Daleks animation to look forward to.

ThrowgnCpr

awol
Staff member
Reaction score
Trophy Points
musiced921 said:
I'm just more excited for this animated feature than I am for another season of Capaldi and Moffat.  

Where my wife and I would anxiously await new episodes with our sonic screwdrivers in hand and a plate of jammie dodgers nearby, the show has become a bit of a chore.  Glad I have this Planet of the Daleks animation to look forward to.

I agree. I don't think Capaldi would necessarily make a bad Doctor - he's a great actor - but they have not been making it work for him. Kind of hoping for some change after this next season.

TM2YC

Take Me To Your Cinema
Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
ThrowgnCpr said:
I dunno, that animation is far too crisp and modern to fit to the antiquated 4:3 format. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

In the past, the idea with these animations has been to reconstruct versions of these episodes that approximate what it would have been like to see them originally, as closely as possible. Having the correct AR for the original broadcast is one easy way to further that goal. It may just be the trailer.

ThrowgnCpr

awol
Staff member
Reaction score
Trophy Points
TM2YC said:
ThrowgnCpr said:

In the past, the idea with these animations has been to reconstruct versions of these episodes that approximate what it would have been like to see them originally, as closely as possible. Having the correct AR for the original broadcast is one easy way to further that goal. It may just be the trailer.

I totally agree in concept. If they used a different animation style, it would help further that goal. Maybe some filtering would help.

MusicEd921

Donor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Slightly off topic, but I would love to see some animations of some of the better 8th Doctor Adventures just to have a chance to see more of him.  Blood of the Daleks was EPIC!

Lately, I've been thinking more and more about Day of the Doctor and while it was really good, the fact that it was a 50th anniversary special celebration that chose not to include the surviving Doctors and instead created a new one to insert really bothers me.  If anything, it should've at least given McGann his chance to really shine instead of furthering Moff's agenda for Time of the Doctor which I found absolutely disappointing.

Sorry to go on a slight rant bringing up old wounds/news.  Wifey and I find ourselves streaming old 10th Doctor episodes with occasional 11th Doctor's first season episodes and it got me thinking more and more what could've and really SHOULD'VE been for that 50th anniversary.  Having a chance to see all of the surviving actors together as the Doctor will never happen.

wilhelm scream

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
The animation looks much better then what planet 55 did with the stories they animated

magicana

Reaction score
Trophy Points
That's really a lot of comments. I'm going to watch the series right now, thanks!

TM2YC

Take Me To Your Cinema
Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Blimey this a good impression of Troughton...

Zarius

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Radio Times are claiming the Christmas special involves a brash american superhero played by the kid from Dragonball Evolution. Let's see if it pans out.

Zarius

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points

That'll make the audience reactions from the Spanish market versions interesting to gauge

Zarius

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Checked out Class. Not too bad, a bit try-too-hard in places, but Capaldi was a diamond in an otherwise rough first episode

ThrowgnCpr

awol
Staff member
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Zarius said:
Checked out Class. Not too bad, a bit try-too-hard in places, but Capaldi was a diamond in an otherwise rough first episode

I kind of feel the opposite. I watched the first episode, and it had interesting characters, was well acted and produced, but Capaldi's Doctor felt really out of place and almost an afterthought. Especially:

Towards the end, when he appears in the gymnasium, it felt like a bad play where the character was waiting for his cue behind the curtain. They should have given him a better entrance. perhaps the TARDIS appearing between the kids and the shadow monsters.

Since I've liked Capaldi in other things, I've always blamed my dislike for his portrayal of the Doctor on the writing, but I'm no longer convinced that is all there is to it.

Anyway, I think this show has a lot of potential, and I'm looking forward to watching more episodes.

Zarius

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Jenna Coleman voiced someone in Thunderbirds this past Saturday too...and put on an american accent.

dangermouse

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
^She was also an American in the first Captain America movie. She's one of the two dates that Bucky sets up at the World Fair. Can't remember if she has any lines.

TM2YC

Take Me To Your Cinema
Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
1683386f566f06b9a842196b9d9a4346.jpg

Want.

Zarius

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points

Class finale

CLIFFHANGER!
RIP RAM AND TANYA'S MUM AND DAD.
RIP APRIL'S HUMAN BODY
WEEPING ANGELS

TM2YC

Take Me To Your Cinema
Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points

EDIT:

addiesin said:
TM2YC said:

'This video is private.'

Weird, the dude replaced the file a few hours after posting it. I think he fixed/improved something.

bionicbob

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Just finished watching the Christmas special.... it really had nothing to do directly with Christmas lol

And while I smiled and chuckled at many of the superhero genre nods, by the end of the episode I had officially crossed over into the "Moffat needs to go" camp.   Too much humour.  No In-Universe rules any mores.  Just because Dr. Who has the foundation to tell any type of story does not mean it should....  The fairy tale nature of the Moffat era has worn thin for me.  I find myself craving the more serious sci-fi adventures of Third or early Fourth Doctor or even the Seventh.   Moffat has just become too uneven for me.  I know we have another full series with Moffatt at the helm, I just hope it better than this latest adventure.   :p

Top Bottom