• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Doctor Who

g1orkatsos

Faneditor
Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Here it is! Capaldi's costume finally revealed!
capaldidoc.jpg
I quite like it actually! Gives me a Doctor Strange vibe for some reason :p

matrixgrindhouse

Reaction score
Trophy Points
The red lining is very Pertwee.

I like it, I guess. Will need to see it motion - corridor running and so forth.

Aztek463

Faneditor
Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I figured series 8 wouldn't start until sometime next year. Guess I've been a bit out of the loop! That's a tease of a trailer, but man I'm pumped. :D

ThrowgnCpr

awol
Staff member
Reaction score
Trophy Points
jeez, they could have teased a little more than that. Can't wait.

bionicbob

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
A very impressive fan made trailer for series 8....

TomH1138

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Yeah, I saw this posted elsewhere. It's outstanding! So beautifully done that I was actually fooled temporarily into thinking it was real, until someone pointed it out to me.

Ironically, the real trailer is absolute crap. A couple of quick flashes of the Doctor standing in the TARDIS -- and that's it. How boring. What a non-moment. Yeah, it's nice to have August confirmed, but that's the date that had been bandied about in the press anyway, so it's not exactly stunning information.

Now look at the fake trailer again. It's a beautiful character moment (something that the series itself has been lacking in, as of late), and for the first time, I find myself liking Capaldi in the role.

Whoever made the real trailer should be fired, and the job should be given to this editor instead! LOL!

addiesin

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Did anybody catch the doctors revisited when it broadcast? How do you guys feel about the changed aspect ratios?

matrixgrindhouse

Reaction score
Trophy Points

Zarius

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
There's a lot of stretching going on during the Horror channel reruns too

Zarius

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points

Sounds like Davros 'till the end where it goes full Dalek, so on the fence for now

matrixgrindhouse

Reaction score
Trophy Points
A thought occurs to me. They're really hyping up Capaldi's Doctor as questioning his goodness - with the Dalek or Davros finding admirable amounts of hatred within. That seems... suspect to me. Unless....

Capaldi is not the Doctor. What if he is the Valeyard? According to The Master (an unreliable source of information if ever there was), the Valeyard came in to being at some point during or before the Twelfth Doctor's regeneration into Thirteen. However, now that we know about the War Doctor, Matt is the twelfth incarnation of the Doctor, just the eleventh to call himself as such. Furthermore, there is a gap in what the viewer is presented. After his mega-regeneration destroyed the Dalek fleet, we next see him through Clara's perspective, in the TARDIS. We do not see what transpired between the energy wave and that point. Perhaps he split into two - the as yet unseen Twelve, and the Valeyard played by Capaldi. The tear-inducing farewell we saw with Matt's Doctor? Just a ruse to engender trust with this companion. The delayed regeneration, the snap-to effect? Just the Valeyard assuming a new disguise. After all, wasn't he shown to be able to do that back in Colin's era, shifting from the supposed prosecutor, to the Keeper of the Matrix....

I tell you, having the real Doctor show up to reclaim what's rightfully his at the end of the season would be the most amazing twist ever.

MusicEd921

Donor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
matrixgrindhouse said:
A thought occurs to me. They're really hyping up Capaldi's Doctor as questioning his goodness - with the Dalek or Davros finding admirable amounts of hatred within. That seems... suspect to me. Unless....

Capaldi is not the Doctor. What if he is the Valeyard? According to The Master (an unreliable source of information if ever there was), the Valeyard came in to being at some point during or before the Twelfth Doctor's regeneration into Thirteen. However, now that we know about the War Doctor, Matt is the twelfth incarnation of the Doctor, just the eleventh to call himself as such. Furthermore, there is a gap in what the viewer is presented. After his mega-regeneration destroyed the Dalek fleet, we next see him through Clara's perspective, in the TARDIS. We do not see what transpired between the energy wave and that point. Perhaps he split into two - the as yet unseen Twelve, and the Valeyard played by Capaldi. The tear-inducing farewell we saw with Matt's Doctor? Just a ruse to engender trust with this companion. The delayed regeneration, the snap-to effect? Just the Valeyard assuming a new disguise. After all, wasn't he shown to be able to do that back in Colin's era, shifting from the supposed prosecutor, to the Keeper of the Matrix....

I tell you, having the real Doctor show up to reclaim what's rightfully his at the end of the season would be the most amazing twist ever.

I have to say that would be quite an amazing twist! Wow. I just read this post to my fiancé who was floored by what a clever twist that could be. It's doubtful Moff would do that, but I'll be the first one to say you were right if that does happen.

TM2YC

Take Me To Your Cinema
Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
^^ It would be an audacious plot twist but it would also be the epic disapointment of Sir Derek Jacobi's brief tenure as The Master turned up to a squillion ;-).

Zarius

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
It would be a very dynamic twist and would fit those "Capaldi is staying for one year" rumours that have persisted for quite a bit, but at the same time it would muddy the waters a bit and if Capaldi is a decent enough Doctor in the role it could tell an impressionable kid audience not to trust anyone who becomes the Doctor afterwards.

Also the Daleks sensing hatred in The Doctor does'nt mean he's a bad guy, he does have hatred in his hearts for the Daleks and was driven to cause their homeworld's destruction in his chessmaster Seventh incarnation as well as do what he did in the Time War. You don't need to become The Valeyard in order to easily bring a badass side out of The Doctor

Top Bottom