• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Doctor Who

bionicbob

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Holy Nerdgasm! I did not see this one coming! Very sneaky Mr. Moffat!
A fantastic start to the 50th!!!

MusicEd921

Donor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Holy crap!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I couldn't believe it! Thanks BOB!!!

While I wish they had used McGann as the Time War Doctor, this prequel certainly made my day!

TomH1138

Reaction score
Trophy Points
And the good stuff just keeps coming!

Here's a jaw-dropping webisode that was just released, called "NIGHT of the Doctor." Everyone should watch this right now!!!!

EDITED TO ADD: Whoops. Bob and I posted at almost exactly the same time! :)

addiesin

Reaction score
Trophy Points
bionicbob said:
Holy Nerdgasm! I did not see this one coming! Very sneaky Mr. Moffat!
A fantastic start to the 50th!!!

It's everything I had hoped.
Except longer. Needs to be longer.

MORE MCGANN!

matrixgrindhouse

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Well, so much for my "zeroth Doctor" hypothesis. I wish this had been in the episode proper. Still, very nice to get some closure on the Eighth Doctor. Funny, in a way - all we'll have seen of him (onscreen) consists of his origin, a glimpse at an adventure with Two (himself a matter of some mystery), and his end. Hey, Big Finish experts - any significance to those companion names?

matrixgrindhouse

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Nevermind - tardis.wikia answered my question.

Those were indeed Big Finish companions. The powers that be have always been ambiguous when it comes to canon. I guess the audio stories - or at least Eight's - are now firmly in continuity.

LastSurvivor

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Absolutely fantastic. As a huge admirer of McGann's Doctor, this is like the best gift moffat could have given me as the 50th anniversary gets ever nearer. I felt the excitement of a 5 year old watching the series for the first time. If only we could have had a full episode, but hey, im just very pleased and grateful that moffat has listened to the fans. McGann nails it completely. And moffat, well done sir. You bought a tear of joy to this fans face .

Uncanny Antman

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Wow, even apart from the greatness of seeing McGann again, I was surprised to see Claire Higgins for the first time in 25 years. Haven't seen her in anything since Hellraiser II.

Zarius

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
matrixgrindhouse said:
Well, so much for my "zeroth Doctor" hypothesis. I wish this had been in the episode proper. Still, very nice to get some closure on the Eighth Doctor. Funny, in a way - all we'll have seen of him (onscreen) consists of his origin, a glimpse at an adventure with Two (himself a matter of some mystery), and his end. Hey, Big Finish experts - any significance to those companion names?

Well remember what site we're all on. I fully expect there to be a good few people wanting to tack this onto the begining of the special in various editing projects. Keep in mind there's a second minisode coming up as well called "The Last Day", slightly shorter, but may prove to be 'fantastic'

matrixgrindhouse

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Zarius said:
Well remember what site we're all on. I fully expect there to be a good few people wanting to tack this onto the begining of the special in various editing projects. Keep in mind there's a second minisode coming up as well called "The Last Day", slightly shorter, but may prove to be 'fantastic'

Indeed!

I very much doubt that Chris will be reprising his role in any capacity - his comments about his time on the show seem to be lukewarm at best, and outright frustrated at times. I wouldn't be surprised if we got to see The War Doctor regenerate into some stock footage of 9, of course. Perhaps repurposing a deleted scene like they did for Tom Baker in The Five Doctors. But I want to be wrong. I want old Doctors coming out of the woodwork in this special. Maybe they'll even bring in the guy from the docudrama to play The First!

bionicbob

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
From the Children in Need Special.... first full clip from The Day of the Doctor....

Zarius

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
It's so jarring to go from McGann's seasoned performance to Matt's boundless childish energy

TomH1138

Reaction score
Trophy Points
That "Day of the Doctor" clip was beyond wonderful. That better be in the episode itself!

Zarius

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Another trailer appeared on New Zealand tv with some different scenes

Rose saying "no more" and everyone in Hurt's TARDIS, plus Clara rides her motocycle into 11's ship

That bit will look great in 3-D

bionicbob

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I was bed ridden on and off this week with a brutal sinus infection, but it gave me the opportunity to download and listen to Big Finish Audio's 50th Anniversary release starring all the current remaining classic Doctors "The Light At the End".

I am happy to report that is a fantastically entertaining adventure and well worth the price of download.
Definitely a fun way to celebrate the 50th! :)

g1orkatsos

Faneditor
Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Just saw that "The Night of the Doctor" short-prequel and it was AWESOME! I am super excited for this! Only a few days now! :D

TM2YC

Take Me To Your Cinema
Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
'The Night Of The Doctor' raises an interesting thing. Since we saw McGann's Doctor as much older but much later in time than the TV movie, do the Doctor's regenerations age the same way humans do?

If they do then old actors could still come back as alternate dimension Doctors whose regenerations never died e.g. Tom Baker could still be running around (A little more slowly) in a scarf in some far flung time line.

Top Bottom