• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Doctor Who

bionicbob

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
The Rain Gods written by Neil Gaiman

seciors

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
^
Written by Steven Moffat (according to the onscreen credit). :)

Assuming he put this out there for some future reference to the Rain Gods he will make in the 50th or the Christmas Special....by itself it seems like it doesn't have much to do with anything.

bionicbob

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
The onscreen credit is incorrect. Gaiman did write it. It is a bonus feature from the Series Seven dvd set.

ImperialFighter

Reaction score
Trophy Points
It remains a tragedy that many of the earliest classic 'Doctor Who' episodes were short-sightedly erased after their initial transmission here in the U.K.

But the recent rumours of copies of *some* of those lost episodes being discovered seem to be looking increasingly positive...so fingers crossed for some complete story arcs if this pans out, whatever the number found - Latest BBC confirmation - http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-24448063 Press conference delayed a little - http://www.mirror.co.uk/tv/tv-news/doctor-who-lost-episodes-update-2347529

ImperialFighter

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Okay, here's an update on those lost episodes - http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-24467337

Great news of course, but there are still hints floating around that this is perhaps a dripfeed of some further news to come yet. Not sure if those hopes will prove correct...but I'll remain cautiously optimistic until the full 50th Anniversary hoopla is upon us, to see if that pans out or not, as I guess that's when we'd hear if there's any more.

Either way, it looks like they've sat on these a while, and the restoration team has done a fine job. Here's the trailers - http://www.doctorwhomagazine.com/the-enemy-of-the-world-the-web-of-fear-found/

g1orkatsos

Faneditor
Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
The Trailer for the Special has been released!

bionicbob

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
^ Amazing trailer!

Purchased THE DOCTORS REVISITED 5-8, again not for long time fans, but for me it is a nice overview. First time I have seen REMEMBERANCE OF THE DALEKS since college, and I LOVED it! Brilliant adventure. Had never seen EARTHSHOCK before, very good story, I always liked Peter Davidson's Doctor. The Colin Baker story was interesting, lots of interesting ideas, but did not really hold my attention.

oh and the dvd set came with Doctor fridge magnets! My bride is going to hate me! Hee hee! :D

g1orkatsos

Faneditor
Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
bionicbob said:
oh and the dvd set came with Doctor fridge magnets! My bride is going to hate me! Hee hee! :D
haters_gonna_hate_with_matt_smith__d_by_tigerclaw64-d5ywwwp.gif

Zarius

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
My area is showing the special in theatres, tickets go on sale Friday, so go to the official site, look up your area on the map provided and hope you have an off day from work, 'cause those suckers are gonna sell out quick

bionicbob

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Has anyone bought/listened to the Big Finish Audio LIGHT AT THE END featuring the surviving classic Doctors yet???

MusicEd921

Donor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Zarius said:
My area is showing the special in theatres, tickets go on sale Friday, so go to the official site, look up your area on the map provided and hope you have an off day from work, 'cause those suckers are gonna sell out quick

My girlfriend tried buying us tickets and said the site was too hard to navigate and by the time she had it figured out, it was sold out. Most of the theaters in and around my area are pushing the November 25th date and little to none were selling the November 23rd date.

Seeing how difficult they made trying to see it on the actual date, I gave the theater both fingers and decided spending money on tickets when I can watch it at home for free was silly. I wish I could see it with a theater full of Whovians, but I sadly don't have a TARDIS that could help me travel to another universe so I could find a theater that was showing it on the premiere date. Plus, November 25th.....A MONDAY NIGHT?! Seriously? Something's a little wibbly wobbly with that line of thinking. They could rack in soooooo much money if they even just ran it twice on Saturday or a showing on Saturday and Sunday. Make it a Doctor Who weekend!

Zarius

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Sorry you had problems with the website, ah well, so long as you pack your home in with a lot of friends invited over you can easily recreate the atmosphere of the theatrical experiance

Day of The Doctor will be commercial free on BBC America too

bionicbob

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
the official trailer for The Day of the Doctor....

TomH1138

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Awesome!!

I've seen the preview multiple times. Each time Ten says, "Well, you've come to the right place," I punch my fist victoriously in the air because it's SUCH a cool moment! :)

matrixgrindhouse

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Looks great.

Rose's mention of The Moment, as well as the Dalek battle footage really seems to indicate that Hurt-Doctor is indeed between 8 and 9, as many suspect. I still think he's actually before the First Doctor, but was summoned by the Time Lords to participate in the Time War all the same. They brought back Rassilon and The Master during that era. What better weapon than The Doctor before he developed his sense of morality? It would also explain the desire to use an alias, his early exile from Gallfirey, and Hartnell's cold, abrasive personality in the early episodes...

matrixgrindhouse

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Awesome.

Another reference to The Five Doctors! I love it. I wonder if we'll get a Raston Warrior Robot cameo...

Zarius

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Just read a ton of spoilerish details for the Christmas special from very reliable sources on Gallifrey Base.

Without revealing too much, the special finally resolves the plot threads of series five and six with The Silence and why they wanted The Doctor to stay away from Trenzalore. There are a good amount of returning adversaries in this one too

Top Bottom