• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Doctor Who

lpd

Reaction score
Trophy Points
I cant see any of the videos any ideas?
Update: Scatch that needed to cleen out my browser.

bionicbob

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
TomH1138 said:
My reaction to this one: Um . . . huh?

It would almost be funny, but I was waiting for an explanation as to why . . . um, that . . . was in their bathroom.

Maybe that's tomorrow.

I am assuming Moffat is teasing us with characters/stories that will appear in the final 5 Pond episodes, I really don't expect any resolution or answers in these shorts.

lpd

Reaction score
Trophy Points
TomH1138 said:
My reaction to this one: Um . . . huh?

It would almost be funny, but I was waiting for an explanation as to why . . . um, that . . . was in their bathroom.

Maybe that's tomorrow.
Ood on the loo!:eek:

Zarius

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
bionicbob said:
I am assuming Moffat is teasing us with characters/stories that will appear in the final 5 Pond episodes, I really don't expect any resolution or answers in these shorts.

While part two was definatly a teaser for the Dinosaur story, the other things (Mata Hari, planet surfing, Odd on the Loo) are just Chris Chibnall having fun.

Leave it to the fanfic writers to sort out.:D

TomH1138

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Pond Life Episode 4:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ikv0QbubV7Y

See? There WAS more to the Ood story! Told yaaaaaaaaa! :p (Sorry, couldn't resist.)

But, seriously, I like this installment a lot. Not only was it very funny, but it improved yesterday's by building on it.

bionicbob

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
TomH1138 said:
Pond Life Episode 4:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ikv0QbubV7Y

See? There WAS more to the Ood story! Told yaaaaaaaaa! :p (Sorry, couldn't resist.)

But, seriously, I like this installment a lot. Not only was it very funny, but it improved yesterday's by building on it.

Yep, you were right, me was wrong. Very funny stuff. Only two more days!!!

dangermouse

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
"I feel guilty."
"Just eat your breakfast."
Teeheehee.

bionicbob

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
uh oh.... some hints at some serious drama for the Ponds!

ONE MORE DAY!!!! :D

TomH1138

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Wow, that was awesome. We were told that the final installment would include a cliffhanger, but I was expecting a more direct physical threat. I totally didn't see this personal crisis coming. Heartbreaking. I loved it.

I can't wait for tomorrow!

bionicbob

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Okay that was pure awesomeness! Loved the episode! Very interested in how this will affect the Doctor's future confrontations with the Daleks. Great drama with the Ponds with a very powerful and romantic resolution.

Very clever introduction of the new companion.

Jenna Louise Coleman. WOW!!!

While I am going to be very sad seeing Karen Gillan depart, this new companion really sizzles!
She will definitely bring a different energy to the series and how the Doctor interacts/treats his companion.

Next up, Dinosaurs on a Space Ship!!!

lpd

Reaction score
Trophy Points
^ My thoughts exactly and Jenna Louise, well, sexiest Dalek ever:-D.
Will give it another watch later.

white43

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Cool ep. Jenna-Louise Coleman was great. A nice little firecracker - I will miss Karen though.

A question:

Are Amy and Rory still slowly turning into Daleks?

bionicbob

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
white43 said:
Cool ep. Jenna-Louise Coleman was great. A nice little firecracker - I will miss Karen though.

A question:

Are Amy and Rory still slowly turning into Daleks?

I would assume no.

The Doctor said the nano affect the brain/memory first, so I doubt any alterations to Amy's DNA occurred.
Plus, it appeared to me, it was all part of the Doctor's plan for Amy to lose her wrist bracelet just to force Rory and Amy to confront their feelings and be honest with each other.
As Amy realized later, the Doctor is a Time Lord and probably does not even the wrist bracelet.
And Rory never lost his bracelet, so he would be safe.

Though it would be an interesting twist if Amy's exposure while in the Asylum repaired her enough that she might now be able to have children???

Zarius

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
The episode was a breeze and a blast all at the same time. Had to watch it a couple of times due to all the info-dumping. Great surprise with Oswin.

white43

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I suppose it was just me that went - but Amy/Rory - you do have children/child.....:D

white43

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Zarius said:
The episode was a breeze and a blast all at the same time. Had to watch it a couple of times due to all the info-dumping. Great surprise with Oswin.

Did you watch Pond Life?

bionicbob

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
white43 said:
I suppose it was just me that went - but Amy/Rory - you do have children/child.....:D

True.

But they did not get the true experience of being parents and raising a child from infancy onwards.

Their experience with Mel and Riversong is very different than raising a true family.

And I think ( might be wrong, only watched the episode once so far ) that Amy says something to the effect that Rory wants children (plural), has always wanted children....

TomH1138

Reaction score
Trophy Points
white43 said:

Yeah, I agree. I knew what they meant, but the phrasing was still a bit odd.

Anyway, great episode! I wasn't expecting to see Jenna-Louise Coleman so soon. That was kept under wraps pretty well. And then the twist about her character - heartbreaking (in a good way).

Of course, now I'm utterly baffled as to how she's going to show up later. But, apparently, that's exactly the debate that Moffat wants us to be having! The Internet is lit up with people discussing various theories for how she'll return to the show. Moffat, you love messing with us, don't you? :)

LastSurvivor

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
A great episode? Not for me I'm afraid guys. I've been a fan of Who ever since I hid behind the sofa when Tom Baker met the nightmare who is Davros back in the 70's, and whilst I was delighted when the series returned under the leadership of Russell T Davis, I feel gradually it has deteriorated into a show which has lost its identity and has become far too bogged down in "soap opera" elements which seem to revolve around the companions either being obsessed or fancying The Doctor. Not only that, but the producers seem far to worried about making the companion the centre of attention.

Now, I for one rejoiced when I heard Steven Moffat was taking over as producer, particularly as he was involved in some of my favourite stories of the new series. However, after the debacle which was the story arc last season, revolving around some nonsense about Amy's baby being River Song etc, I think Moffat is too much of a fanboy and believes himself to be a far cleverer writer and producer than he actually is. To me, last season included some of the very worst Doctor Who stories - period. "A Good Man Goes to War", "Let's Kill Hitler" and "The Wedding of River Song" were the main culprits, all being written by Moffat and all being so full of cringe inducing comedy one-liners and a story arc so laughably inept in terms of its logic or believability that it almost, almost had me quitting the series I have loved since I was a child. I could just see Moffat sitting there writing these stories out with a smug "Aren't I so so clever" look on his face, believing that all his nudge-nudge, wink-wink in-jokes which he forces The Doctor, his companions and River Song to spout, would hide the fact that his great ambitious story arc actually did not hold up at all. It was pure garbage - sorry.

Unfortunately, Aslyum of The Daleks, whilst including some good ideas, particularly in the attempt to make the Daleks scary again (the scene where Rory is seen skulking around the asylum where all the old daleks are seemingly dead is priceless creepy Doctor Who), still falls apart due to some awful character interplay, or should I say, awful dialogue which has Amy being more annoying than ever to both The Doctor and Rory, and then more worryingly making Jenna-Louise Coleman also join in on the act by making immature quips at every given opportunity. I'm all for good interplay between characters, but sorry, Moffat still thinks he's writing Press Gang at times.

I will keep watching, as it's a show that is very dear to my heart and I live in hope that the next producer might actually have the balls to try and make Doctor Who the intelligent and truly unique show which it once was. We don't have to have all the companions fancying The Doctor; we don't have to have poorly structured story arcs; we don't have to pretend that immature quips and one liners qualifies as good writing; and we don't need the show wallowing in its own belief that we have to be reminded every five minutes about how "amazing" The Doctor really is.

I know, I know. It's very rare that I rant like this. And I've been wanting to write this down for quite some time, as I find it difficult to see one of the best Science Fiction television series in history being slowly stripped bare of all its "unique" qualities. Also, I realise that I appear to be in the minority, so hey, what do I know? ;)

I truly feel however, that Moffat needs to step down at the end of the season. We need a sense of class and maturity brought to the producers chair. Boy, do we need it.

Top Bottom