If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot. More details on our policies, especially our Own the Source rule are available here. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.

Doctor Who
thecuddlyninja Wrote:Not opening this thread isn't even enough to avoid spoilers.

Agreed. Not cool, man. That's what spoiler tags are for!

I wasn't overly surprised at what happened. My friend kind of spoiled it for me before I saw it. He didn't say as much, but he's not been a fan of Clara since her very first appearance, so when he said Moffat gave him the best birthday present he could have asked for, that clued me in on what happened.

I enjoyed the episode, as I've been enjoying all season. Peter Capaldi is terrifying when he gets angry (in character). Ashildr had better watch out!
I am in the process of reuploading all of my current edits, so please bear with me as I get everything in order.
Fan Edits by Aztek463 via the IFDB
I deleted the spoiler from the post... After being spoiled. Thanks a lot BTW... I just love when people ruin my favorite shows :| note the sarcasm.
And this is why I only come here after watching the latest episodes (and unfollow all the associated Doctor Who social media during the season).

My thoughts:

I enjoyed the latest episode overall, though I wasn't at all surprised at the ending especially considering I stupidly watched the trailer for it the spoiled "be brave" moment of her death. However, I thought Steven Moffat had distinctly said the ending would be unexpected, and yet as soon as she took the chronolock I knew exactly how it was going to end. But, I did enjoy how her death wasn't the result of some "epic battle to save time" or something to that effect. In real life, death often happens out of nowhere. Clara died becuase of her own weakness of feeling invincible around the doctor, gaining adrenaline from just barely escaping. Really interested to see how the last two episodes turn out and what they'll involve.
[SIZE=2][FONT=century gothic]Current fanedits in the works:
[/FONT][/SIZE]SW Prequel Trilogy
The Hunger Games Edit
emanswfan Wrote:And this is why I only come here after watching the latest episodes (and unfollow all the associated Doctor Who social media during the season).

My thoughts:

I enjoyed the latest episode overall, though I wasn't at all surprised at the ending especially considering I stupidly watched the trailer for it the spoiled "be brave" moment of her death. However, I thought Steven Moffat had distinctly said the ending would be unexpected, and yet as soon as she took the chronolock I knew exactly how it was going to end. But, I did enjoy how her death wasn't the result of some "epic battle to save time" or something to that effect. In real life, death often happens out of nowhere. Clara died becuase of her own weakness of feeling invincible around the doctor, gaining adrenaline from just barely escaping. Really interested to see how the last two episodes turn out and what they'll involve.

Well, for what it's worth, by "unexpected" he might be meaning this (click only if you want spoilers)

Jenna is scheduled to appear one more time in episode 12 as Clara, as she was seen filming scenes at a diner in a waitress outfit. Whether or not that means it's the real Clara or if it's an echo of her from season seven is unknown (it'd make sense to book-end her story with one since we were introduced to her as Oswin), but there is clearly more to her fate than meets the eye.

I know more offficial stuff about the finale since I read the BBC's official synopsises, but won't share them here for the sake of surprise.
musiced921 Wrote:Wow am I the only one that absolutely hated Sleep No More? My wife and I agree it was easily the worst NuWho we've seen yet (don't throw stones at me please).

I haven't seen it yet myself, but you're certainly not the only one. While the rest of the episodes of the season have been getting 8's and 9's out of a possible 10 on IMDB, "Sleep No More" got a 6.5!

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt4787004/?ref_=tt_eps_pr_n

Again, I'm not expressing a personal opinion because I haven't seen it -- just observing what the consensus seems to be.

As for spoilers, a news site in my Facebook feed blabbed the information about Saturday's episode on Thursday. Grr. A Doctor Who FB group actually locked their page for new posts on Saturday afternoon so that no one could post (and give anything away) for several hours after the episode aired.
Decent episode. Although a tad overhyped and predictable from the beginning if you're accustomed to Moffat's ways by now, and the cliffhanger was spoiled weeks ago by advance official BBC summaries.

Wish there had been more confessions other than the arc-heavy stuff. And the "hybrid is ME" bit could well be misdrection and he means Ashildr
Upon first viewing, Heaven Sent, reeled me in and kept me riveted. Once again, Capaldi is utterly brilliant.

Though afterwards, certain questions occurred to me....

--why doesn't the diamond reset its self along with the rest of the castle?
--where did the first set of Doctor's clothes come from? Unless the Doctor ran around naked the first time he arrived? lol
--if this whole episode takes place inside the Doctor's own Confession Dial, why does he not know it/recognize it? I was under the impression it was sort of his Last Will and Testament? Unless that was misdirection? Is the Dial some sort of final testing device given to Time Lords to be used only in the gravest of circumstance? Hopefully some explanation will be offered next ep.
--The Hybrid -- could this be acknowledgement of the Paul McGann plot point of the Doctor's true heritage?

With the exception of the Sleep Monster, this for me has been Moffat's best Doctor Who season since Smith's fifth season debut. Only one more episode to wrap up season 9, and then the xmas special featuring the return of River Song.

...oh don't watch unless you have watched Heaven Sent --"SPOILERS" Big Grin
Season Finale "Hell Bent":
"... let's go exploring!" -- CALVIN.
Peter Jackson directing an episode in series 10...?

[video]https://www.facebook.com/PeterJacksonNZ/videos/10153602968491558/[/video]
"... let's go exploring!" -- CALVIN.
Please let this not be just a joke... although it was a very good joke! Big Grin

Also about the series finale...

I really hope Gallifrey is properly coming back for good. I want to see the Time Lords trying to boss Capaldi's Doctor around and sending him on time-missions and then him throwing his toys (Yo-Yos, penny-whistles, spoons etc) out of the Tardis :-P.
Heaven Sent easily became one of my very favorite episodes right away. So atmospheric and creepy. Even the few head scratchers only arise out of enjoyment.
I know I've made some very poor decisions recently.