If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot. More details on our policies, especially our Own the Source rule are available here. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.

Doctor Who
I quite liked this episode. I'm a big fan of Tesla alt-history since 95's C&C:Red Alert. The monsters were a bit embarrassing "Oh no it's an army of CGI scorpions but fortunately they aren't realistic enough to be allowed into the foreground to get us!".  Goran Višnjić and Robert Glenister made for a great Tesla and Edison. Nice that they went to the effort of hiring an actor of the same nationality to play Tesla... and good for old ER fans too.

I can't have been the only one that looked at this shot and thought Goran would've made a great Doc:

[Image: 49413187501_1be08c3a1b_b.jpg]
This episode was a huge step up from last week. My only problem with it was that the new Skithra queen looked a little too similar to the Racnoss  queen.
[+] 1 user Likes asterixsmeagol's post
Going to show some skeptics the Capaldi era of the show.  I've abridged his three years to:

S8
Mummy on the Orient Express
Flatline
Dark Water
/ Death in Heaven

S9
The Sorcerer's Apprentice / The Witch's Familiar
Under the Lake
/ Before the Flood
The Zygon Invasion / The Zygon Inversion
Face the Raven / Heaven Sent / Hell Bent

S10
The Pilot
Oxygen
World Enough and Time
/ The Doctor Falls / Twice Upon a Time
"Everything ends and it's always sad.  But everything begins again too and that's always happy.  Be happy." ~ The Doctor
Other than adding in Listen and Time Heist for Season 8 and maybe Thin Ice or Empress of Mars for Season 10, your list pretty much matches mine.  It really shows me that the show has been about highs and lows, and now its just more magnified because the lows have regularly outnumbered the highs.  The show has never really ever been extremely consistently good, with Tom Baker's first few years being the exception rather than the rule.

Who is more about the experience and the characters, and even though many are still struggling to connect to the new crew, I have enjoyed this season immensely sans the awful Orphan 55.  Looking round the interwebs it seems that many are enjoying the show again so that's good to hear, but even in bad times I'll still take Who over the majority of crap they churn out on tv.
[+] 2 users Like Hymie's post
Yeah I'd remove the Zygon episodes, and add Listen like Hymie suggested. Time Heist I like a lot but wouldn't call it essential. Thin Ice and Empress I don't remember off the top of my head so I can't say about those. Guess I have some episodes I get to rewatch!  Smile

I almost want to say you could lose the Lake and Flood episodes but only because I also don't remember those very well (I mostly just remember the visual of Capaldi with the skull eyes walking around underwater) and it would make for a more compact abridging; less time to commit to watching makes it easier to convince someone to watch.
////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////
// IdeasIdea Central //
////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////
[+] 1 user Likes addiesin's post
It's apparently news all over again that Jodie is staying on for another series

https://ew.com/tv/2020/01/22/jodie-whitt...tor-who-3/

Perhaps her previous comments about staying weren't quite so mainstream?
That episode was a total classic, boy this series is up and down.
[+] 1 user Likes TM2YC's post
Has anybody here ever done a Torchwood: Miracle Day edit? I've looked around a bit but didn't find anything.
(01-26-2020, 03:08 PM)TM2YC Wrote: That episode was a total classic, boy this series is up and down.

For me, other than the abysmal Orphan 55, I've enjoyed this season more than any since Season 5.  I just hope that Chibnall can nail the landing.
(01-26-2020, 09:26 PM)asterixsmeagol Wrote: Has anybody here ever done a Torchwood: Miracle Day edit? I've looked around a bit but didn't find anything.

Ive always wanted to see it as a 2hr movie.