• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

Wonka (Uncanny Antman edit)

Uncanny Antman

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Faneditor Name: Uncanny Antman
Original Movie Title: Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory
Fanedit Type: FanFix
Original Release Date: 1971
Original Running Time: 99 minutes
Fanedit Release Date: February 2009
Fanedit Running Time: 87 minutes
Time Cut: 12 minutes

Brief Synopsis:
Willy Wonka offers five people the chance of a lifetime, a personal tour of his famous chocolate factory. This edit is a gentle one, intended mainly to make the early scenes feel more realistic.

Intention:
My original intent was simply to remove two songs that I hate. In an effort to up the 'reality' of Charlie’s life, I decided to remove any songs prior to entering the factory. Hopefully, it makes Charlie’s life even more dreary, and by contrast increases the magical feeling of Wonka’s factory.

Additional Notes:
This edit was really just done for myself so I didn’t have to skip certain bits every time I watch the film. I share it only in the interest of helping any others like me who love the film, but would prefer a slight tweak.

Cuts and Additions:

Replaced “Kid Friendly” WB logo with regular version.Removed opening credits and “Candyman” song. Film opens on Charlie.
Removed Charlie’s mother singing, “Cheer up, Charlie.” This song was my number one reason to edit.
Removed the “Husband taken, kidnappers want case of Wonka Bars” section during the ticket hunt. I never cared for this bit for some reason. Most likely because it takes too long to get to such an obvious joke.
Removed Grandpa Joe and Charlie singing, “I’ve Got a Golden Ticket” I actually like this song, and its melody is referenced later in the film but in keeping with my approach to make the pre-factory scenes more believable, it had to go.
Fixed the final shot of Augustus going up the pipe. Tried to minimize the obviousness of the sped-up footage by smoothing out the motion, and slowing down the ripples in the chocolate river.
Removed brief section from Charlie and Grandpa Joe’s Fizzy Lifting Drink flight.
Fixed Wonkawash squeeze effect to remove repeated frames and film jumps.
Fixed Mike’s TV appearance to remove obvious platform for actor to stand on.
Reframed shot of Wonka, Charlie and Joe getting into the Wonkavator to hide the fact that the top is not on the prop.
Replaced end credits scroll to include more actors.
Also smoothed or edited several jump cuts during the film. Some were film flaws, some were for effects purposes.

I never got around to seeing this but....

Removed Grandpa Joe and Charlie singing, “I’ve Got a Golden Ticket” I actually like this song, and its melody is referenced later in the filmâ€�but in keeping with my approach to make the pre-factory scenes more believable, it had to go.

:D Seriously that right there would make me want to see this, I always hated how Grandpa who had been bedridden for years suddenly after 2 seconds of stumbling is dancing like a pro like one of those audience plants at a magical 'drink with benefits' stall. Then to top it off he sings I've got a golden ticket which makes him an even bigger asshole.

hen to top it off he sings I've got a golden ticket which makes him an even bigger asshole.

HA! that's right. and wasn't it Grandpa that encouraged Charlie to steal some of the Fizzy Pop stuff that in the end gets Charlie in trouble. and then Grandpa yells at Wonka for calling them out on it.
i never really cared for that guy either.
and what were the other grandparents talking about when Grandpa and Charlie went to the factory ?
perhaps trying to outdo each other with stories of how much they never really cared much for Charlie to begin with while his mother washed endless piles of indiscernible fabrics.

Neg...

You just created this post and I thought "why not I'll give this one a try".... and it's not available to Download on the .info page... *sad face*

Flood UA's PM box! It worked for Spence.

Noooo! Don't listen to Neg! :-o

I'm not really in a position to re-up anything at the moment. I do plan to get everything back up again at some point though.

In my house I long to see
All your fanedits... Patiently
I'll wait for them there
Like a stone
I'll wait for them there
Like a stone
Alone...

Edit: Strike that... reverse it.

As a longtime fan of the original, I'd be interested in this edit, too.

Whispers said:
Neg...

You just created this post and I thought "why not I'll give this one a try".... and it's not available to Download on the .info page... *sad face*

Dammit people, read the rules, read the faq, read the global announcement I made recently...it's really not that complicated.

TV's Frink said:
Dammit people, read the rules, read the faq, read the global announcement I made recently...it's really not that complicated.

My apologies Frink... My intentions weren't to ask for the edit or ask for it to be uploaded... It was just a general statement done in a tongue in cheek way... nothing more... nothing less... I'm quite aware of the rules and regs of the site... sorry bud...

Back
Top Bottom