• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

Lights Out - a Last Survivor Pop Video

LastSurvivor

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points

Hey everyone...

I finally got around to putting up my attempt at making a short film/pop video, cobbled together from holiday footage of me and my fiancee Sophie, and specifically shot scenes which we filmed much later to try and come up with a story of trying to come to terms with losing someone.

Hope you enjoy it and please do let me know your thoughts :)

LS

That was great man! Well done. Very beautiful and well put together. If the goal was to make us fall in love with Sophie you have succeeded.

And I finally get to see LastSurvivor in the shower. I can cross that one off my list now.

That was really well done man. The feeling of loss, and grieving for that loss, really came across quite well. Excellent choice for the song too. :thumb:

Neglify said:
That was great man! Well done. Very beautiful and well put together. If the goal was to make us fall in love with Sophie you have succeeded.

And I finally get to see LastSurvivor in the shower. I can cross that one off my list now.

Thanks Neg. Had a blast putting it together, and filming those extra scenes of me trying to look all depressed/sad etc was the first acting I've ever tried to do... lol. Think I just about got away with it ;) And yeah, the camera does seem to love Sophie (even though she disagrees!), so the fact that it makes people fall in love with her whilst watching is certainly intended.

Oh, and in regards to the spoiler, I'll try and think of something else you can tick off your list when I film a follow up :D

Frantic Canadian said:
That was really well done man. The feeling of loss, and grieving for that loss, really came across quite well. Excellent choice for the song too. :thumb:

Can't ask for more than that. Thanks FC.

That was great. Great choice of song as well. Well done.

I really really liked it as well! Nice editing, Good song choice, i felt what the video was trying to get across... Overall very good job!

Nice stuff! She's a cutie (may all us fan editors do so well), and you've got a likable screen presence yourself. Good effects, colors, and all that. :)

Great work mate!!!

Well cut, nice f/x work, great emotional story arc.... all thumbs up!

Plus, Sophie has a total heart winning smile! You are a lucky guy.

Wonderful stuff! Thanks for sharing with us. :)

Sophie wants to say a big thank you for all the nice comments you have made. She's feeling quite pleased with herself tonight... although I think it will all go to her head. We're preparing to shoot a short horror film in the next couple of weeks, so no doubt she will be want star treatment now ;)

But yeah, as you say Bob and Gaith, I am a lucky lucky guy. Again, thanks for all your kind words. It's been sitting around for ages; seems I should have uploaded it sooner!

Cheers
LS

I like your use of color to differentiate present and presumably what are video clips that sad LastSurvivor is watching obsessively in grief.

Envious! Someday I want to drop a bunch of money on video equipment and mess around with some real filmmaking.

LastSurvivor said:
We're preparing to shoot a short horror film in the next couple of weeks, so no doubt she will be want star treatment now ;)

Can I send you my script? Attack Of The Killer Boobs.

I like how your reppin' your Fins in the video!

Frantic Canadian said:
Fred Olen Ray may have beat you to it.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0112408/

Unless you had something else in mind.
I feel really tempted to watch that.... Its looks like one of those too-horrible-that-are-enjoyable type of movies. Can't be worse than Jack and Jill....

g1orkatsos said:
I feel really tempted to watch that.... Its looks like one of those too-horrible-that-are-enjoyable type of movies. Can't be worse than Jack and Jill....

"Attack Of The 60 Foot Centerfolds" is Oscar caliber material compared to "Jack & Jill". But seriously, you can't really go wrong with Fred Olen Ray. I really enjoyed this movie.

Gatos said:
I like how your reppin' your Fins in the video!

:D Sneaky huh, Gatos? Blatant sponsorship I say, but hey, what the heck.

geminigod said:
I like your use of color to differentiate present and presumably what are video clips that sad LastSurvivor is watching obsessively in grief.

Envious! Someday I want to drop a bunch of money on video equipment and mess around with some real filmmaking.

Thanks geminigod. It was only filmed on my HD video camera, but I'm glad the colour correction effects have the desired effect. At least now I actually have a good quality video camera "light" as well, meaning the horror short I should be filming soon should come out pretty well - I hope ;)

Back
Top Bottom