• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Vote now in wave 1 of the FEOTM Reboot!

"The Clones Revealed" discussion only

daveytod

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Hi all,

With Boon's permission, I am starting this new thread to discuss "The Clones Revealed".

Please note, this thread is ONLY for discussing the project, and answering any questions you may have.

This movie is NOT available, and talk of how to obtain it or where you may find it is strictly forbidden. Please shoot me a PM if you need further clarification.

So now that the new ground rules have been laid, I'd just like to say thanks to everyone for their support during the 'thing' that happened the other week. Cheers guys

I'll kick this off.

So.... what was the problem? and why is this unavailable now? I'd like a distinct and final answer on this in a small and catchy soundbite if possible ;)

ummmm......small n catchy huh?

basically, it was too good to be allowed to exist :D (altho anyone who's seen it nows thats not true!)

I hypothetically got it as a torrent file, and when it burned, there were a ton of glitches when playing it on my computer. Any thoughts? Should I reburn? You know, if I had it, and if it existed....

Have you tried it in yr normal DVD player?

'The Clones Revealed' is the ultimate behind the scenes look at the second chapter of the Star Wars saga, 'Attack of the Clones'.

In the year 2002, millions of people experienced the second movie in George Lucas' prequel Star Wars trilogy - Attack Of The Clones.

As has become his trademark, the movie pushed forward the boundaries of film-making by being the first on shot entirely on high-definition digital cameras.

Now go further behind the scenes than you have ever gone before. From concept art and pre-visualisation animatics to bluescreen performances and on-set stills, it's all here, incorporated into the movie as the clones are finally revealed.....

The background:

For those who don't know me, my (screen)name is daveytod. I'm active with that name on several boards around the interweb and I'm something of a fan editor.

My works to date include 'The Sith Revealed' ( a behind the scenes look at Episode III that never had a full release), 'Episode III - The Video Game Movie' (a 90 minute movie made from gameplay and cutscenes of the Episode III video game), '24 - The Missing Day' (again, a full movie culled from the PS2 game), 'Battlefront - Journal of the 501st' (once again, video game cutscenes, but bundled with a helluva lot of bonus extras) and 'Star Wars - The Interactive Video Game DVD' (a VHS to DVD preservation)

18 months ago I started work on the follow-up to 'The Sith Revealed'. Now, I know TSR never had a proper release, and that's because I was just never happy with it. There were some terrible audio sync issues and the whole thing just lacked 'ambition' when compared to the greats of this particular little fan edit niche, such as 'Deleted Magic' and 'Building Empire'.

18 months is a long time, and although I'd become more competent at using the various programs involved, there came a time when I simply gave up. It just wasn't working for me, and so I sat on the unfinished project for months, trying to get enthusiastic about it again. When I finally did, it was with a hell of a lot more ambition than it had before. I included scans from the comic adaptation featuring extra lines, scans of concept art, production photos, even commentary soundbites and subtitles.

To further clarify exactly what this movie is: I've taken 'Star Wars Episode II - Attack Of The Clones' as a starting point. On top of the existing video, I've added various material to give an extremely in-depth behind the scenes look at what goes into making a Star Wars film. For example, in the speeder chase alone, I've used concept art, publicity stills, rough computer animatics, comic book stills, alternate audio and video, cut lines, (I'm sure there's a kitchen sink if you look hard enough) to show the various stages this sequence went through before it became the sequence you see on the DVD. As such, the only time you actually see the proper movie, is when I had nothing to add, bar trivia subtitles or commentary. To further enhance the DVD and make repeated viewing of your favourite scenes even easier, there are 67 separate chapter stops to choose from.

"The Clones Revealed" is far and away the best thing I've ever produced, and I'm very proud of it, even if it has driven me to the edge of madness at times. I hope you guys enjoy it too.

Disc Specifications
Running Time: 2hr 35m
Extras: 5m 40s
Region: 0
Video Format: PAL
Video Type: MPEG2
Chapters: 67
Size: Single Layer

preview_clonesrevealed_by_daveytod.jpg

Maybe downloadable from Fanedit.info

not even I've got a copy of this anymore, managed to lose it somehow!

how could you? :?
well, now you can get it back.
and I still require the FE info for RE0 and an update on Clones Revealed would also be nice, because I had to copy some text from a very different place far far away ;-)

I wouldnt worry about RE0, it was just an avi and not that big of a release. as for losing my edits, somehow between moving house and replacing my computer and hard drive I've lost every single copy (both hard and digital) of my edits!!

So if some kind soul who took the time to grab them originally could help me replace them I'd be very grateful

daveytod, I am in the process of moving, so everything is packed up. however, I can help out in a couple weeks.

Wow, that means you lost your copy after you sent me a copy! And that wasn't too long ago. :razz: I can send you copies of what you sent me if you'd like. (and I really, really wish you still had the Interactive Board Game edit... Same with Star Wars - Episode III - The Video Game Movie...)

Let me know.

would you still be willing to send me a copie of TCR Ripplin, I found the other 2 edits you mentioned if you want a trade

daveytod said:
would you still be willing to send me a copie of TCR Ripplin, I found the other 2 edits you mentioned if you want a trade
Ooooo, yessir! :) I will send a PM immediately.

Cheers Ripplin for that....if anyone can help me out with a copy of my Battlefront disc I'd be most grateful

daveytod said:
Cheers Ripplin for that....if anyone can help me out with a copy of my Battlefront disc I'd be most grateful
I have that too. I told ya I'd send whatever you need. ;)

I haven't found time to watch this yet but I've skimmed through it and I'm very impressed. Looking forward to watching the whole thing.

Question: Was this ever available in NTSC? I thought only PAL, and it's pretty clear I'm watching a PAL copy (I have a NTSC player that plays PAL, but speeds up the audio). However, the disclaimer menu says "NTSC authoring by boon23."

Hmm.

Based on the first few posts in this thread, I'm not sure I'm even supposed to be discussing this. If not, I'm at the ready to delete this post. Thanks.

I think I made an NTSC version of it.

I think by this point that discussion is all fine

Back
Top Bottom