• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

I, ROBOT - HARDWIRED by Scaperat

If you have watched this fanedit, please rate it here:

• 10 stars (awesome)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 9 stars

• 8 stars

• 7 stars

• 6 stars (average)

• 5 stars

• 4 stars

• 3 stars

• 2 stars

• 1 star (atrocious)

• Total voters
  • Poll votes is visible for users with special permission.

boon23

Faneditor
Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I have finished the re-authoring of I Robot - Hardwired by Scaperat.

the newly authored edition features:
dolby 5.1 audio
the teaser
main menu and chapters menus

I hope you will enjoy it
this goes up on rapidshare tomorrow and after that on torrent.

Zinn

Reaction score
Trophy Points
I had thought about taking a shot at I, ROBOT, but it's so far down the list. I didn't like the movie enough (perhaps being a lifelong Asimov fan) to care -- but this could give me more enjoyment.

boon23

Faneditor
Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I really like this fanedit. It's not all 100%, but it really adds to the movie.

TeresofBlood

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I look forward to seeing this. I enjoyed I,Robot quite a bit and I agree that without the comedy relief, you'd get a darker, more focused film. I can't wait to see it.

boon23

Faneditor
Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I, ROBOT - HARDWIRED turns the movie into a much darker vision of the future.

WARNING: THIS REVIEW CONTAINS SPOILERS!!!!

What was done?
The faneditor cut out a lot of scenes, especially towards the ending for a darker atmosphere. Almost all comic features were removed, so the movie is more a sci-fi thriller than it was before.

Did it work?
Yes, for almost everything, except for the ending, although it was still good. But in the end the scene when the robot should be twinkling and IS NOT, it just takes too long. I expected Sunny to twinkle, I expected him to be not convinced by Viki. And then the ending monologue felt rushed and the end was too fast. This would have worked better, if some of the fighting sequences and surpressing sequences would have been put after Spooner got arrested. It would have also been good to get more of Spooner's failure to see or hear. He is the one who could have saved them all, but did not succeed.

Conclusion:
Even though the ending did not work so well for me, I was very well entertained and actually watched a great movie, which felt superior to the original version, which left me kind of empty and unsatisfied. Yes, the new ending is depressing, but still it is true to a dark vision of a roboterized future. Very well done. Looks like I become a Scaperat fanedit fan.

The Extras:
no extras whatever. There is a trailer, but it is not on the DVD, there is no menu and no chapter selection.

Video editing quality:
Good, I did not see any transitions, just the cut to the finale had a somewhat wrong timing to me. Unfortunately the picture quality is rather poor, compared to the original DVD. The image is crispy, unsharp and lacks detail.

Audio editing quality:
Very good, considered that it is just stereo. No flaws found here.

ratings:
movie rating: 4 of 5
video quality (compared to the original): 3 of 5
audio quality (compared to the original): 4 of 5
editing: 4 of 5

which means an overall rating of 4 FE stars.

Watch it, it's well worth it.

Akitsu

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Downloading this via torrent right now... sounds like it's exactly what I've been looking for.

Asimov's work has been decidedly demolished by Hollywood as of late. It'd be nice to see it treated as serious work, and not comic relief.

Unfortunately there's a distinct lack of seeder activity... heh. Suppose I'll just have to tough it out and pray that changes over the next couple of days.

All in all, I have to say that I definitely appreciate the effort... thanks Boon.

broaddd

Reaction score
Trophy Points
I agree with the above - a great edit (especially the removal of the kid and some product placement) and an ending that is clever and works although there's always room for improving the timing or even inserting some scenes after the non-wink :)

The video has some non-obtrusive macroblocking lines or something in background textures, but is pretty good. The 5.1 audio seems to be stereo output to all speakers, rather than true surround.

That said, I think would personally prefer the original ending added to what is otherwise a really nice edit of the excesses of the original's story line.

I think the original ending is more Asimovian, and more consistent with Sonny's character development, for him to help Spooner and Calvin defeat the evil plan :) Presenting him as agreeing with Vicki, given what you have to work with in the original footage, is not as credible as having him subvert Vicki.

While I know so much of the film has nothing to do with Asimov, it does carry on about his three laws so much, and the ghosts in the machine, so it doesn't really fit well for Sonny to suddenly become bound by the 'zeroth law' which the final scene implies. He is more flexible and special than that.

(The zeroth law was Asimov's idea that protection of humanity overruled the three laws).

But I haven't seen the original ending for a while, so it might not work. I might do a personal edit and see what happens :)

Anyway, congrats on a great edit and a clever ending that focuses on a new dark vision that reworks the story!

Regards,
Broad

boon23

Faneditor
Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
welcome to the forums, broaddd, and thanks for your thoughts on this edit.

jason600

Reaction score
Trophy Points
I, Robot: Hardwired

I really loved Scaperat’s Edit of I, Robot.

As you would expect, all the lame parts are removed, no more comic relief sidekick (thank god).

But for me, the new ending is absolutely fabulous. Gone is the Hollywood ‘feel good’ ending. This is now a thought provoking film about the possible dangers of artificial life.

Overall, the film has a lovely darkish feel to it, its serious and it makes you think.

My rating of the original: 6/10
My rating of this FanEdit: 9/10

joebshmoe

Reaction score
Trophy Points
so i just watched this last night and i really enjoyed it!

i'm kinda a proyas fan (the crow, dark city!!!) and was VERY unimpressed with the original. anyways, i sucked it up and popped this baby into easily the smallest tv ever (we have a small tv in the bedroom and my wife was studying in the living room where the proper setup resides :) )

one word: awesome.

it's totally a different experience - the lame comic relief, the lack of suspense, the "here's the whole story and try not to think too hard" element are completely excised from this cut.

the "unknown" elements and the mystery are now there.

(i'm glad it has been a while since i've seen the original as that can sometimes spoil the experience for me)

the ending wasn't a problem for me as mentioned above. i don't need that fuzzy feeling at the end. i think this cut took away the need of a conclusive ending by making it an ACTUAL SCI FI film.

original: 5/10
edit: 8.5/10

thanks, scaperat

A

AvP

by AvP
What is it about? Justin Lee Collins is on a quest to track down and reunite the cast of one of the most celebrated film franchises in history: Star Wars.
BringBackStarWars_minifront.jpg

new film name: Bring Back… Star Wars
edit crew name: AvP Productions
Date Edit Was Released:18/09/08
Runtime:75 minutes

details:

Author: AvP
Video Format: MPEG2/720×480/16.9/NTSC
Audio Format: Dolby Digital 2.0 STEREO

Description:
Bring Back…Star Wars aired on Sunday 14th of September 2008. Collins attempted to reunite the stars of the original Star Wars trilogy. He was unable to secure any kind of meeting with Harrison Ford (Han Solo). He was offered an interview with Mark Hamill (Luke Skywalker), albeit for the price of $50,000; after raising several thousand dollars, Collins was unable to negotiate the price any lower, and was forced to abandon any hopes of meeting Hamill. Collins did, however, succeed in securing interviews, through a combination of deception and surprise attacks.Only Bulloch, Davis, Baker and Prowse were able to attend the reunion in London. Daniels called to say he could not attend. Fisher recorded a humourous video message to be played as a holographic message, akin to the one in the original Star Wars film. Mayhew and Williams also made short video clips to be played similarly, albeit without audio. Justin also had a lightsaber battle with Davis in which Davis was the victor.

Main Feature:

- “Bring Back Star Wars”documentary from channel4

Hardware and software information:

* CCE SP v2.7
* DVD-lab PRO 2
* Mpeg Video Wizard DVD
* PgcDemux
* Sony Vegas
* VirtualDub 1.6

Time needed for the edition: 2 Days

persons involved: AvP

Special thanks to:

* boon23
* ThrowgnCpr

Mollo

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I downloaded the NTSC version but it has an 'exe' file for the first rar, so unpacking will not work as it asks for rar 01. I have had issues with exe files before and have been unable to extract them with Mac. Shame after all that downloading.

Hal9000

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Mollo, have you tried an app "The Unarchiver"?

I use that for the Mac, by default for this sort of thing and it usually works for me.

Mollo

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Cheers Hal, I will check it out.

boon23

Faneditor
Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
the exe file is gone. Now you can extract it normally.

Mollo

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Thank you. (I downloaded this twice and trashed the last set of files after "Unarchiver" failed to work, so I will not be downloading it again.)

D

Deckard

Hello there!!!
Excuse me the folder with the dvd project request a passcode!!

i need the passcode please!!! :'(

D

Deckard

Hey thanks!! but i can't find it :S

the passcode is in the rar with the DLC archive or when you extract the file to the computer??

sorry im new in this matters :)

AvP

Faneditor
Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Its in the rar that you download from the main site.

Top Bottom