• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

He-Man and the Masters of the Universe

TomH1138

Reaction score
Trophy Points
So, the long-in-development new Masters of the Universe movie may have finally found a director. Sony wants . . . John M. Chu, the guy who so badly botched the G.I. Joe sequel that the film got dreadful test reviews, and the movie got pushed back from this summer to next spring for massive reshoots.

Does Sony's decision strike anyone else as a bit odd?

http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=93108

Mark Moore

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Wasn't the G.I. Joe sequel pushed back, because the test audience asked why it wasn't in 3-D?

TomH1138

Reaction score
Trophy Points
No, it was pushed back because the audience hated everything about it except for Channing Tatum (or whatever that guy's name is), and his character got killed almost right away. So the movie has to be reworked so that he lives.

Frantic Canadian

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
No, the movie was pushed back because 3D movies do better overseas and they wanted to jump on the bandwagon and offer us yet another unneeded 3D movie. The time is going to be used to turn the movie 3D in post-production.

Kal-El

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Exactly. That's been posted and printed all over, btw. Fact.

njvc

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
:focus:

This is awesome.

njvc

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
And so is this.

Frantic Canadian

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Neglify said:
lol, thread derailed on post #2.

:lol: I forgot that this was supposed to be a He-Man thread. To try and get the thread back on track let me just say that I loved the original Masters Of The Universe movie when I was a kid.

reave

Staff member
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I want there to be an awesome He-Man movie.

On a side note, the new Joe movie looks awesome, and everything I've read is that the movie is working fine, and has been pushed back for 3D and to add a little bit more Channing, due to his recent popularity, but that he still dies. As long as everyone else who sucked in the first movie dies, I'm fine.

Back on topic, He-Man better fucking have Orko.

Kal-El

Reaction score
Trophy Points
IF everyone who sucked should die, that only leaves Snake Eyes and his brother... :)

Mark Moore

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I like Scarlett in the first film. I hope they don't kill her off.

TomH1138

Reaction score
Trophy Points
I don't just make these things up outta nowhere, folks. LOL!

"
One of the main issues present was reportedly a lack of "G.I. Joe" leading man Channing Tatum in the script, and that's something that Paramount is looking to remedy in reshoots.Both Deadline and The Hollywood Reporterare saying that a major reason for the change of release dates is because Tatum gets killed off early in the movie.

So now, according to Deadline, audiences are upset about the opportunity for onscreen chemistry between Tatum and Dwayne Johnson that was "aborted" preemptively because of Tatum's early death."

http://moviesblog.mtv.com/2012/05/30/g-i-joe-retaliation-3d/

P.S. I'm not saying that the 3-D thing isn't a factor, too. I'm just pointing out that the Channing Tatum thing was reported by several news sources. (Now that I'm reading it again, I do notice that it says "take with a grain of salt.")

But I have my doubts as to why the sudden change. Did Paramountjust figure out that 3-D movies do well overseas? I highly doubt that. And why push the American release date back when post-converted 3-D films don't do nearly as well in America? Suddenly, just a couple of months before its release, Paramount yanks one of their big summer blockbusters and pushes it back to a non-competitive spring date. The whole thing smells fishy to me.

(sniffs armpits) Whoops. Those aren't fish I smell. Excuse me . . .
Yellow_Flash_Colorz_PDT_08.gif

TomH1138

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Annnnnnyway . . . :)

Yes, I hope the film features the classic elements that were missing from the previous live-action movie. There needs to be an Orko (these days, with CGI, it shouldn't be too difficult to do a floating character). Prince Adam needs to change into He-Man by shouting "by the power of Grayskull," etc.

It seems like it could hardly be worse than last time, so let's hope for the best!

Kal-El

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Tatum and The Rock side-by-side...? Only Vin Diesel pulled that off. Dwayne will outclass Tatum by a mile. He grew as an actor. As of yet, I'm still waiting for Tatum to show his worth. Plenty more films for both of them. All they need is a casting director to see that opportunity lurking. Shouldn't be G.I. Joe though... Channing Tatum was a life-sized cardboard.

Kill me if you like, but I'm all for cheese. I liked Lundgren's "portrayal". I also like Cyborg. I'm all for cheese.

Neglify

Reaction score
Trophy Points
What the... ? Should I just change the title of the thread to "He-Man and G.I. Joe discussion"?

juice4z0

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Neglify said:
What the... ? Should I just change the title of the thread to "He-Man and G.I. Joe discussion"?

I thought the same thing

Top Bottom