• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

IJ - Indiana Jones

Gaith

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Oh snap, it's Indiana Jones weekend over here at the Fan Edit Forums... and it'll last forever!

Indy_Jones-AbbyDark-Star-003.jpg

Got a problem with that, professor?

First up on our thread is this week's Nostalgia Critic takedown of Temple of Doom. He shoulda watched the Infodroid edit! I'm finding the NC schtick increasingly shrill and tired, but pretty much wholly agreed with him on this one, so he gets a point there.

... Ya want more? I got more! Here's a totally serious take on how Temple of Doom should have ended!

... Finally, this weekend at Topless Robot, pitch your idea for an Indiana Jones 5... both serious and comically pessimistic versions!

Stay historical, my friends! :-D

Neglify

Reaction score
Trophy Points
IJ weekend eh? Maybe I should finally get around to watching some Indiana Jones fanedits.

Gaith

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Here's my entry for Topless Robot's What Should Happen in Indy 5 contest, limited to five lines:

AVA JONES. Instead of Indy, the Joneses have a daughter. The feds are wary of recruiting a "broad", so Belloq and Co. find the Ark, and though they die on the island, it still winds up in Nazi hands. With WW2 going much worse than it should, the bookish Ava is finally recruited to be a spy behind enemy lines, where she gradually becomes a badass. It ends with her deciding to archaeologize for an ancient weapon that just might help the Allies in their quest to defeat the super-Axis...

... Whaddya think? Is a free t-shirt in my future? :p

njvc

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Reading a few of them, I quite liked this one:

Indy in Cold-War era USSR searching for the Heart of Rasputin, a talisman that can grant immortality while facing his own mortality along the way

Too Last Crusade perhaps? Still, has promise...

juice4z0

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Indy in capt America's augmented time line would be sick!

Gaith

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Crumbs, my entry didn't even get an honorable mention! I did find this one funny, though:

What Will Happen: Raiders of the Lost Ark: The Special Edition. Rather than continue on with new adventures, the next film released is George Lucas's re-imagined, re-edited version of the original. Thrill to thousands more digitally created snakes being added. Watch as faces melt even more realistically. Be amazed as the swordsman shoots first. And rocks, so many more rocks! Be ready for George Lucas to arrive personally at your house to erase all your previous copies of the film.

:-o :)

Neglify

Reaction score
Trophy Points
The fountain of youth one was pretty funny.

TomH1138

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Sorry yours didn't even get mentioned. Were they specifically asking for reboots instead of sequels? If not, that might have been part of the problem.

Neglify

Reaction score
Trophy Points
You seriously expected deleted scenes on a Spielberg movie not made in the 70s?

njvc

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Raiders will be screened at IMAX in September. Yes please.

Gaith

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
He can set our hearts on fire once more! :)

TomH1138

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Ooh! I read that the movies would be playing at AMC theaters on Sep. 15, but I didn't see the part about IMAX. Even better! :)

Gaith

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Presented without comment, for library archiving purposes:

abbydarkstar.jpg

ThrowgnCpr

awol
Staff member
Reaction score
Trophy Points
we have found the holy grail. and there are two of them...

TV's Frink

You Catch On Pretty Quick
Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Scully dressing up for Halloween?!?!

Gaith

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
A very cool three-part analysis of some themes and implications in Raiders; highly recommended viewing:

(all three parts on youtube)

Top Bottom