• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

How to isolate Extended Version from Original?

bionicbob

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
So I used MAC THE RIPPER and MPEG Streamclip to create my working QuickTime files.

I ripped a movie that contains two versions, the original and the extended version.
When ripped, both versions seem to be one single VOB file.

If I convert this into a QT file,
I get a movie that is a blending of both versions,
with video jumping back and forth between the two cuts
and all the audio out of sync.

How do I isolate just one version of the film for editing purposes?

I know it can be done, but I am obvious missing a step somewhere,
I assume in the set up of MPEG maybe?

Any guidance would be appreciated.

:)

Q2

Staff member
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Just so others can weigh in... here is what I responded with in PM. :)

They are probably using some sort of seamless branching technique and Mac the Ripper is getting confused. I generally do my ripping in Windows (I rip Blu-Ray) so I'm not the best person to help. L8wrtr might be a better candidate.

I would suggest popping the disk in and choose the extended edition and see if you can get the title number or some other sort of indication of what you're looking at. Then in Mac the Ripper see if you can rip by that item. (It's probably not track since at each branch it splits to two separate tracks.)

Hopefully that helps a bit.

bionicbob

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I figured it out and boy do I feel silly.

In the past, I never had to deal with a DVD with seamless branching, so I have always used either Full Extraction or Feature Only Extraction.

Thank goodness for Youtube! I found a great little tutorial that pointed me in the right direction.

Wow. 5 years of fan editing and still learning new things! :lol:

Top Bottom