• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Suits

Gatos

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
This has become one of my guilty pleasure shows. A show about lawyers. And a Good Will Hunting type photographic memory prodigy guy who has memorized everything about the law, passed the bar, and used to be a cheater for hire on the LSATs. Ends up getting hired by a major law firm (don't ask me to explain, you gotta suspend disbelief: its a TV show!). And the lawyer who takes the kid under his wing is kind of like the lawyer version of Gordon Gekko except this guy has some semblance of a heart and a dash of empathy.

So the show is a nice mix of legal drama along with some comedy. There are a lot of funny moments IMO. And two of the females on the show are quite nice to look at (Google Images: "Meghan Markle" and "Sarah Rafferty").

Also, there are tons of movie references. Not subtle at all, characters on the show are constantly referencing movies, which is kinda fun IMO.

Worth checking out.

Gatos gives this two paws up/all whiskers up.

hebrides

Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I'm a fan too, though it took me a while to go into it at first. And you're absolutely right about Rafferty and Markle -- and let's not forget Gina Torres of Firefly fame as the head of the firm.

Gabriel Macht as Harvey Spectre pulls off the remarkable trick of being an absolute bastard whom you root for anyway because, as you say, he has a conscience (even if it does take Mike and Donna to bring it out). It's something I haven't seen since Aaron Eckhart in Thank You For Smoking, and his performance reminds me of Eckhart at times.

Even when I wasn't sure what to make of the show, I was impressed when, in one of the first episodes, a corrupt company was named Devlin McGregor, which is also the name of the pharmaceutical company in The Fugitive. That in itself was enough to make me keep trying the show, and now I'm hooked. It's not always perfect, but I'm definitely glad it's back on.

Gatos

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
hebrides said:
I'm a fan too, though it took me a while to go into it at first. And you're absolutely right about Rafferty and Markle -- and let's not forget Gina Torres of Firefly fame as the head of the firm.

Gabriel Macht as Harvey Spectre pulls off the remarkable trick of being an absolute bastard whom you root for anyway because, as you say, he has a conscience (even if it does take Mike and Donna to bring it out). It's something I haven't seen since Aaron Eckhart in Thank You For Smoking, and his performance reminds me of Eckhart at times.

Even when I wasn't sure what to make of the show, I was impressed when, in one of the first episodes, a corrupt company was named Devlin McGregor, which is also the name of the pharmaceutical company in The Fugitive. That in itself was enough to make me keep trying the show, and now I'm hooked. It's not always perfect, but I'm definitely glad it's back on.

Wow, good catch with regards to "Devlin McGregor". And I've never seen Firefly, but Gina Torres was on Alias though wasn't she?

hebrides

Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Re Alias: not sure. Somehow, I never managed to get into it. Keep meaning to give it another try one of these days.

ETA: you're right!:)

Gatos

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points

This is not from an actual episode as far as I know. Just something I found on youtube.

emphatic

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Coincidentally, I started to watch this tonight. Nice chemistry between the cast members and enough twists to keep it interesting, reminds me a bit of that other great USA Network show, White Collar which I can highly recommend.

Gatos

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
"You ambushed me with a cup of coffee. You think I haven't seen Ronin?!"

skyled

Reaction score
Trophy Points
I watched the first season and I liked the characters but I hated the story lines. Every single case they represented an innocent client.

Top Bottom