• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Justice League

bionicbob

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
SuperboyX is a very prolific fan editor on Youtube.
His current project is a massive JUSTICE LEAGUE fan edit, with several smaller individual DC Heros tie-in movies leading into to it a la Avengers.

Just released an extra length 5 minute trailer, which I thought was very impressive...

Gaith

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Well, my hat's off; I'm impressed. That is, no doubt, one of the most compelling arguments for the non-production of a Justice League movie yet made.

... Wait, what?

:p

bionicbob

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Gaith said:
Well, my hat's off; I'm impressed. That is, no doubt, one of the most compelling arguments for the non-production of a Justice League movie yet made.

... Wait, what?

:p

Would you care to clarify that comment?:shock:

JetSetWilly

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
5 minutes of awesomeness. If this fan edit gets made, extreme kudos is due.

Gaith

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
bionicbob said:
Would you care to clarify that comment?:shock:

Sure.

- I don't think Batman should exist in a universe with other superheroes, because such company makes him look like less of a freak. Also, because of this.
- For that matter, I'd be fine if Supes didn't, either.
- I think the Lanterns' obsession with colors is silly.
- I'd rather see WW fight Nazis than hang out in el presente.
- And, finally: we already have the X-Men and Fantastic Four as well as the Avengers for super-teams. Oh, and Santa's super-team, too.

I pose the question to you: what would a JL movie do that the MCU isn't, besides grouping characters that I'd rather see exist independently? Fight aliens? (Join the club.) Be harassed as vigilantes? (Post-Incredibles, that's been done to death, hasn't it?) Fight Lex Luthor? (Oh, c'mon - he can take on all of them?)

:)

bionicbob

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
oh Gaith, I always smile when I read your replies.:D

Clearly then a shared super-hero universe movie is not aimed at you.

As a long time devour of comic books, especially DC Universe titles, a Justice League movie done right would rock my world!

I don't think Batman should exist in a universe with other superheroes, because such company makes him look like less of a freak.

Batman is not about being a Freak. It is about a man driven to extremes, a man trying to save others where he could save his own parents, a man who walks the line hunting monsters while trying not to become one. The Batman in the movies (both Burton and Nolan) is not the Batman of the comics.
And the very fact that Batman, a man who's only real super power is his highly disciplined and trained mind, can go toe to toe and defeat some of the most powerful villains in the DCU makes him even more fascinating and compelling.

- For that matter, I'd be fine if Supes didn't, either.

The dichotomy between Superman and Batman is one of the great relationships in DC Comics. Complete opposites in almost every way, and yet they share a great respect and friendship for each other. It is their interaction with each other that makes for great drama, not the vast differences in their abilities.
More over, Superman is the symbol of the DC Universe. He is the inspiration and role model for all the other DC Heroes, so I think that aspect would be really interesting to explore on the screen.

I think the Lanterns' obsession with colors is silly.

The Lanterns are not obsessed with colors. Green just happens to be the color that Willpower manifests itself in the visible spectrum when channeled through a power ring.

I'd rather see WW fight Nazis than hang out in el presente.

uh.. Wonder Woman has not fought Nazis in almost 80 years? LOL! Seriously though, WW holds a very special corner in the DC Universe, essentially having epic greek mythical adventures in the modern world. The current run and the introduction by George Perez in the late 80s is amazing reading.

And, finally: we already have the X-Men and Fantastic Four as well as the Avengers for super-teams.

Isn't that kind of like saying we shouldn't make any more Cop shows or Doctor shows or other type of genre movies because it has already been done? I think so long as comic books are done well, they can keep on making them right along side all the other dramas, comedies and action movies.

what would a JL movie do that the MCU isn't, besides grouping characters that I'd rather see exist independently? Fight aliens? (Join the club.) Be harassed as vigilantes? (Post-Incredibles, that's been done to death, hasn't it?) Fight Lex Luthor? (Oh, c'mon - he can take on all of them?)

Again, it is the same question as before, if one cop movie is about fighting drug dealers, does that mean a different movie can not tackle the same subject? That is silly. It is not about the subject matter, it is about how it is written, directed and acted. The Justice League has been a comic for over a half century, I think there are lots of stories that could be adapted or used for inspiration. I mean if you are going to get these many heroes together, of course the threat has to be something epic. But what would really make or break a JL movie imo, and is something the Avengers did so well, is exploring how these character interact with each other, how their personalities clash or support each other. That is where the drama lies. The villain is almost secondary.

And yes, Lex Luthor could easily take on the Justice League by himself or with his Legion of Doom, he has done it several times.

But again, a Justice League movie, or any comic book movie, is aimed at a particular segment of the movie going public. Some characters/concepts/teams have a wider appeal than others. And there will always be a certain audience segment that either will have no interest in such movies or will not give them a fair chance. But that does not mean they should not be made.

But I have gone absolutely and completely off subject and I apologize.:-(

This thread is about the very cool and well constructed fan trailer created by SuperboyX.
I think it is an amazing piece of fun editing that creates a clear and coherent narrative. I look forward to see what he does next.:)

TomH1138

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Since the DC characters have been interacting together for so long in print and animation, I certainly want to see a Justice League movie in some form. I think it's pretty crazy that there has no been official live-action pairing of Batman and Superman ever, and I want to see the complete trio (that is, Wonder Woman too) in any eventual movie.

The trailer was clever, but I actually wanted to see more of Batman and less of Green Arrow and Brainiac.

My question is, where on earth did the editor get all that footage of the never-released David E. Kelley's Wonder Woman? I'm not asking a question about ethics in this case but logistics. As far as I know, nobody has access to that thing.

bionicbob

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
My question is, where on earth did the editor get all that footage of the never-released David E. Kelley's Wonder Woman? I'm not asking a question about ethics in this case but logistics. As far as I know, nobody has access to that thing.

I know bootlegs of it are out there. Several scenes have been released and posted a few times on different sites when all the buzz was happening. Plus, the pilot has been on the net a few times (don't know who released it, imagined it was bootleggers too) but it always seems to be pulled every time I try to find and view.

Maybe Warner Bros. will release it some day...

There was both a Justice League (director George Miller) and Superman vs. Batman movie (director Wolfgang Peterson) almost made a while back, but both got their plugs pulled late in the production stage.

Dwight Fry

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I demand THIS Justice League, and accept no substitutes.

giffen.jpg

bionicbob

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
That would be so awesome!!!

Though, have you ever watched the Justice League pilot from the 90s? It has a very definite JLI feel to it, whether that was intentional or not.... LOL!:-D

Dwight Fry

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
bionicbob said:
Though, have you ever watched the Justice League pilot from the 90s? It has a very definite JLI feel to it, whether that was intentional or not.... LOL!:-D

That abomination had NOTHING of a JLI feel to it, except for the choice of characters, and even those in name only. It was more like they gave those names to some generic bland stock characters. I not only want to see the JLI on screen, I want to see the JLI on screen behaving like the JLI.

bionicbob

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
^ :lol::lol::lol: BWAH HA HA HA!!!

booshman

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
bionicbob said:
His current project is a massive JUSTICE LEAGUE fan edit, with several smaller individual DC Heros tie-in movies leading into to it a la Avengers.

Just released an extra length 5 minute trailer, which I thought was very impressive...

That was very well edited, good choices of footage too. I do find the idea of the Smallville crew and Bale Batman interacting pretty ridiculous. Though I was surprised how well Reynolds Green Lantern seemed to fit in with them.

TomH1138

Reaction score
Trophy Points
bionicbob said:
I know bootlegs of it are out there. . . . but it always seems to be pulled every time I try to find and view.

That's kind of what I guessed, but I appreciate the clarification!

bionicbob said:
Maybe Warner Bros. will release it some day...

Hey, you never know! Warner's finally released this laughable piece of trash for the completists, so maybe WW will surface some day, too. :)

bionicbob said:
There was both a Justice League (director George Miller) and Superman vs. Batman movie (director Wolfgang Peterson) almost made a while back, but both got their plugs pulled late in the production stage.

From what I've heard, the Superman vs. Batman script was abominably bad, so I guess we dodged the bullet there. Still, I'd like to see something with them someday.

bionicbob

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
AList is another active Youtube Fan Editor, his work is somewhat similar to SuperboyX.

Apparently AList is working on a Justice League project too. He stresses in the info blurb the FX shots in the trailer are not yet complete, it just to give the audience a taste. What I found most interesting is he is using the Dean Cain Superman....

TomH1138

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Some really nice stuff in there.

It's fascinating to see Dean Cain's Superman interacting with the Smallville Lex.

At 0:30, I know the mouth movement doesn't match up, but that sure does sound like Christian Bale saying "Kent." I wonder where that's from.

Is the fight scene beginning at 0:20 a scene from the GL video game? Or is that actually how bad the special effects were in that movie?

The intercutting done to have Batman say, "When you're finished, type in your name" to Chloe Sullivan at 1:26 is pretty brilliant.

Uncanny Antman

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
TomH1138 said:
At 0:30, I know the mouth movement doesn't match up, but that sure does sound like Christian Bale saying "Kent." I wonder where that's from.
From what I've seen, most editors tend to use Bale saying Dent from Dark Knight, swapping out the D for a K sound from a different bit.

DANLAV05

Reaction score
Trophy Points
bionicbob said:

I don't think it's SouperboyX working on a JL project sadly, for example he hasn't got the full Wonder Woman pilot.

However - he did Superman Genesis as a new Superman origin movie using Smallville, and Worlds Finest where Batman of the Nolanverse meets the Blur. A World's Finest sequel, again using manips of Welling in the suit, is in the works. I loved Smallville so to see him do edits featuring Welling actually as Superman on screen is a treat. Like a lot of fan edits its like something from a parallel universe, a 'what if' as you may.

But another guy is tackling JUSTICE LEAGUE:

AList Productions has decided to give DC its own Cinematic Universe. He's used Lois & Clark, Smallville, The Dark Knight, Green Lantern and other sources to create what will be 5 films, however the pre-Justice Leagues range from 30-60mins, so it isn't five features. The first film is a Cain/Bale WORLD'S FINEST rather than solo. They use Dean Cain & Teri Hatcher as Lois & Clark, but most of the other characters are from Smallville. The League consists of Superman, Batman, Green Arrow, Aquaman, Green Lantern, The Flash and Zatanna.

For me, it really plugs the gap until DC sorts out their film franchise (Yes, after Marvel's triumph I'll admit WB need to get their backsides into gear!!) :-D:

They even have a website: http://www.thejlamovie.com/ Worlds Finest [1hr], Green Arrow [45min], Aquaman [30min] and Green Lantern [1hr10m] are all out now, all have references to each other like the MCU and they even have a 'Coulson!' And that character is the exact one who I thought would recur in a real DCMU. Green Lantern is the 2011 movie reedited with significant changes to tie in with the rest of the 'universe'

The final major project that exists is a biggie representing something I wouldn't expect officially in my lifetime - Worlds Coliide - CROSSING OVER DC and Marvel - and it works with so many cool moments, such as Clark waking in the Xavier Mansion to be greeted by Professor X; Luthor kidnapping Tony Stark in the desert and forcing him to build a suit, and eventually all the heroes working together. Again, a follow-up is in the works. It is a great story. In the end they're all superheroes in my book, just owned by different companies. This is the sequel trailer:

The next step surely would be a DC/MARVEL joint-from-the-start universe series? No, I'm deadly serious - Picking and choosing and tying in elements would make it a very interesting story. It would be so cool - AList is connection what's known from the comics, but establishing bits from both companies and making the story logical would be one heck of a challenge. I say that as a lifelong DC/Batfan who has only just accepted Marvel through the recent movies. They're only separate because they're owned by different people.

Discovering the JLA and realising Batman & Superman and other heroes existed together in the comics was fascinating for me as a kid. It would be so cool.

What do people think of these? Does anyone know of anymore of this type of project? They really expand the Superhero Filmverse! :D

I can easily say I've been watching these movements like a hawk for over a year now, This is here a fan edit discussion in the fanfilm section but I'm so glad we're talking about these!.

Top Bottom