• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

I have now watched Simpsons. Now this is the Official Thread

g1orkatsos

Faneditor
Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I am propably one of the very few people that have never watched anything Simpsons related. I have only seen propably half min total of random clips from youtube so far. The only thing i know is that the people are yellow. I have no hate torwards the consept of the show or anything, it just never happened for some reason. And since i am a big fan of stuff like family guy and robot chicken this should be something i will propably like.
But since there are 23 (!) seasons so far, which are the seasons worth watching? At which point the show started to be good and when it started to suck? Any suggestions from Simpson's fans would be apreciated.

Rogue-theX

Faneditor
Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
debunker.gif

addiesin

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Start from season 2. Season one is weird.

TV's Frink

You Catch On Pretty Quick
Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Where to start? Start by hanging your head in shame. ;)

Frantic Canadian

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Did you just escape Amish country? :lol: How can you not have ever seen The Simpsons?

Neglify

Reaction score
Trophy Points
[INSERT LONG RANT HERE]

I can write you up a detailed list of which episodes to watch in what order.

Let me summarize it :

1) Season 1 episodes 1-13.
2) Season 2 episodes 1-22.
3) Season 3 episodes 1-24.
4) Season 4 episodes 1-22.
5) Season 5 episodes 1-22.
6) Season 6 episodes 1-22.
7) Season 7 episodes 1-25.
8) Season 8 episodes 1-25.
9) Season 9 episodes 1-25.
10) Enjoy life.

leeroy

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
i've given up on the simpsons and haven't seen any new episodes in the last 5 years. as for where to start i'd say anything from seasons 1-10 is when the simpsons was at it's best

the hank scorpio episode is one my favorites
[video=youtube_share;9QEsjd1WZuY]

TV's Frink

Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Neglify said:
[INSERT LONG RANT HERE]

I can write you up a detailed list of which episodes to watch in what order.

Let me summarize it :

1) Season 1 episodes 1-13.
2) Season 2 episodes 1-22.
3) Season 3 episodes 1-24.
4) Season 4 episodes 1-22.
5) Season 5 episodes 1-22.
6) Season 6 episodes 1-22.
7) Season 7 episodes 1-25.
8) Season 8 episodes 1-25.
9) Season 9 episodes 1-25.
10) Enjoy life.

This is exactly right. Season 1 is a bit odd but still worth it. And Season 9 was the last one you should bother with.

Q2

Staff member
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Any episode with Ralph, expect for the episode all about Ralph.

reave

Staff member
Reaction score
Trophy Points
TV's Frink said:
This is exactly right. Season 1 is a bit odd but still worth it. And Season 9 was the last one you should bother with.

The completist in me hates this fact. I bought 10-12, hoping that I remembered wrong, but alas, they're mostly meh.

I would suggest the same. Watch from the beginning, but don't give up if season 1 seems weird to you. They really hit their stride around 2 and 3.

Nic

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Seasons 5-7 are considered to be the golden age of the Simpsons run, imo. Not to say that I think less about the other seasons (despite how long the series has gone through, I've felt that while it's not "the greatest show ever" anymore it's had more ups than downs), but those three seasons are where you'll get the most of your money's worth.

Dwight Fry

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I've always thought Season 1 was awful, unfunny, and even rather moralistic. I'd stick with 2 to 9.

JWebb

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Just don't start saying "eat my shorts" now. People will punch you.

TV's Frink

Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Dwight Fry said:
I've always thought Season 1 was awful, unfunny, and even rather moralistic.

Boo-urns!

nightstalkerpoet

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
The Simpsons was amazing in its heyday because it still felt slightly racy at a time when people hadn't been desensitized by shows like South Park and Family Guy. When other animated shows really caught on, The Simpsons struggled to find its stride, whether to move forward into raunchier comedy, stay where it was, or become a more appropriate alternative to other shows. It ended up as the "appropriate alternative", and thus lost a lot of it's edge.

My advice: go 2, 1, 3-9. Some episodes afterwards are worth it, so its best to google "Favorite Simpsons Episodes" and use that as a guide for what to watch. If it's mentioned at least twice, its usually decent.

Top Bottom