If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot. More details on our policies, especially our Own the Source rule are available here. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.

Star Trek PHASE II RELAUNCH
Well Crawley has been hinting at some big changes to Phase II and today he delivered a whopper!

http://trekmovie.com/2012/06/20/breaking...k-details/

I must admit I have enjoyed Crawley's version of Kirk over these past few years, but I think this just goes to show how deep his commitment to producing the best possible new Trek runs. I applaud him.Smile
"... let's go exploring!" -- CALVIN.
Nice, can't wait! Kudos to Cawley on this move. It takes a lot to step down from the leading role of a very personal project of yours and consider someone else as a better fit. Looking forward to see eventually how the new guy will hold up
Sounds (and looks) like a good decision. The series is only going to get stronger. Smile (This plus isn't their new Spock actor Zach Quinto's brother?)

Also interested to see how "Star Trek Continues" turns out. (The one with Chris Doohan playing Scotty and Grant Imahara as Sulu.)
Very interesting. On the one hand, I'm actually a bit sorry to see Cawley step down. I didn't much care for him at first, but he grew on me as Kirk, and I think he eventually made the role his own. On the other, this does seem like a good decision in terms of bringing the acting up to the same level as the effects, design, and direction.

I also can't help thinking that on some level, this could be a way of addressing the "professional actor" and "our guy looks more like Kirk" angles that Star Trek Continues brings to the table. Now "the odds will be even," to quote Spock...I'm interested in both, and I think this could raise the interest level in fans in general.

I can only speculate, but I wouldn't be surprised if we see a new McCoy too...John Kelley is a doctor, not an actor (yeah, I know, but it's true).

Oh, and UA: my understanding isn't that he's really Quinto's brother; it's just that they both were surprised at how much alike they looked when he served as Quinto's stand-in for the film (not sure if you were being serious or not) Smile
Criticism is good. Suggestions are better.
ONGOING: Hebrides's Box o' Tutorials
Here is the demo reel of the new actor cast as Kirk....

Wow. That's dedication. If I had, say, my own continuing Star Wars production, one of the biggest kicks for me would be getting to play Luke Skywalker or some other Jedi myself. Since Cawley technically doesn't have to answer to anybody, it just shows that no one cares more than him about making the best production possible - even if it means removing himself as the star. Massive props to him.
hebrides Wrote:Oh, and UA: my understanding isn't that he's really Quinto's brother; it's just that they both were surprised at how much alike they looked when he served as Quinto's stand-in for the film (not sure if you were being serious or not) Smile
I must have misunderstood a casual reference to it at some point and just went with it. Thanks for the correction! :oops:

[Quick IMDb/Google search later]

So Brandon Stacy was Zach's double on ST11, and is playing Spock in Phase II...
So who is the guy playing the vaguely Spock-lookin' Romulan? (Voice supplied by Wil Wheaton.)

[Image: romx.jpg]

Is this just a nobody?
I've been a supporter of this project since BEFORE Come What May came out, and I don't plan on stopping now!

It is a smart move considering James has WILD WILD WEST in the works and he's touring as Elvis to pay for everything, but at least he's continuing as Senior EP and continuing to present seasons 4 and 5 of TOS, plus bringing in PHASE II elements and moving towards TMP. Hopefully this will give James more breathing space to concentrate on BTS stuff. They try to do a September shoot too, but alas timing rarely works out.

Brandon Stacey and John Kelley are perfect in their roles, I think maybe getting an experienced TV/FILM actor will raise the bar considerably. Yes, most of the cast has been replaced, but remember they shoot an episode a year, so actors get older and being a voluntary projects, situations change.

I'm going nowhere - the idea of change gets me so excited.
I know John Kelly was replaced for one of the upcoming episodes, though I am unclear if this was a one time event or permanent? I really enjoy his interpretation of McCoy, while not as cranky he brings a certain warmth and charm to the role.

Also, Brandon Stacy played one of the big villains ( the evil Betazed guy) in the later seasons of HIDDEN FRONTIER.
bionicbob Wrote:I really enjoy his interpretation of McCoy, while not as cranky he brings a certain warmth and charm to the role.

+1, i like his version of McCoy.
I may be an A-hole, but I'm not 100% a dick - Han Solo
Currently working on: Mad Max: Fury Road (silent edit)