• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

ALIEN Extended Edition

S

samrosenbaum

Faneditor Name: Samrosenbaum
Original Movie Title: Alien
Fanedit Type: Extended Edition
Original Release Date: 1979
Original Running Time: 117 minutes
Fanedit Release Date: 2007
Fanedit Running Time: 132 minutes
Time Added: 16 minutes

Brief Synopsis:
The 1979 classic with several minutes of added footage taken from the Alien Quadrilogy DVD. Actually this is a re-edit of Mr.E’s extended Alien edition

Intention:
To see an extended edition of “Alien” that’s higher quality than past efforts, and, at the same time, avoids the major pitfall that appears in the Director’s cut. I also wanted to see a version that uses more of Jerry Goldsmith’s original score.

Special Thanks:
Original version by MrE.

From MrE’s description:

I left out Kane preparing the coffee because it doesn’t really fit in with the way the final film is edited. I also left out the Kane’s gun shots, as I feel it adds nothing to the movie other than a random moment.

Also, some stuff is now missing. One exterior shot of the Derelict has been nixed to make room for another scene, the “It LOOKS like a warning” scene had been moved up to accommodate a scene, the original repair/”This place gives me the creeps” scene had to go in order to fit in the extended version (which uses different takes and dialogue). The couple of scenes that were non-anamorphic also look pretty raw.

samrosenbaum:

I’ve kept all of Beckmen’s edits intact, except for the Alien’s Lair scene. Instead of the abbreviated “Director’s Cut” version (which Ridley Scott, for reasons I find baffling, placed in the middle of the self-destruct sequence), I used the longer, raw version of the scene, which I converted to anamorphic and placed just before Ripley runs to the engine room to set the self-destruct.

The second change I made was to restore Jerry Goldsmith’s original music to the final shot of the sleeping Ripley and the end credits.

I’ve also adjusted the volume, so that the scenes which either MrE or I had converted from a different format are not too loud in comparison with the rest of the film.

Cuts and Additions:
From MrE’s description:

- The Derelict transmission from the Director’s Cut- Extended Derelict Entry Scene (converted from non-anamorphic)
- Extended Winch Scene (converted from non-anamorphic)
- Ripley and Lambert’s fight/Alternate “How we gonna get this off” scene from the Director’s Cut
- Checking in on Kane scene
- Alternate repairs scene with Ripley and Parker’s intercom exchange
- Discussing the plan to trap the alien (converted from non-anamorphic)
- The Alternate Brett’s death scene from the Director’s Cut
- Ripley Comforts Lambert
- The Alien’s Lair scene from the Director’s Cut

samrosenbaum:

- Removed the Alien’s Lair scene from the Director’s Cut. Replaced it with the raw version of the Alien’s Lair scene (converted from non-anamorphic), inserted just before the self-destruct sequence.
- Restored Jerry Goldsmith’s Original Music to the final shot and end credits.

Hi, this is my first post here. Would love a download link to this fanedit. Thanks!

Read the rules and using this site. You can find those near the top of every page.

TV's Frink said:
Now then...@Q2, what's up with this thing? You reserved the thread almost two years ago, now put up or shut up ;)

When creating IFDB pages for edits it is required to have a forum post. For older edits that did not I created forum posts, thus the Reserved first post. This was meant as a placeholder should the original editor like to take charge of the post and offer some details within the forum thread. Good enough explanation? :p

h5D40E5A1

Q2 said:
When creating IFDB pages for edits it is required to have a forum post. For older edits that did not I created forum posts, thus the Reserved first post. This was meant as a placeholder should the original editor like to take charge of the post and offer some details within the forum thread. Good enough explanation? :p

Oh ok.

Have you read the rules?

??? what do i wrong?
there is no pm button to contact him...
so,what should i do?
i don´t ask for a link!!!

benduwan said:
??? what do i wrong?
there is no pm button to contact him...
so,what should i do?
i don´t ask for a link!!!

As instructed more than once: Read. The. Rules.

Were you to do that, you would have found the following information:

Members of fanedit.org can do what they want via private messages as fanedit.org is unable to control or monitor private messages. If you are having difficulty locating an edit for download after checking the resources mentioned above, there is a section of the forum dedicated to trading fanedits (Trades and Requests). Do not make any requests to download or obtain an edit outside of this section or private messaging.

i request (hope this is the right thing i do  :blush: )
thanks

There is also a Work-Print Version out there you could take Scenes from. Some Scenes from tat are missing some Audio and Visuals though.

@"Smoker1" this thread is over six years old now.

Back
Top Bottom