• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

21 Jump Street [2012]

elbarto1

Faneditor
Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
to my surprise, this was really funny.
if you like sophomoric jonah hill humor you'll like this. and channing tatum was hysterical. all around pleasantly surprised.

addiesin

Reaction score
Trophy Points
I thought it'd be another throwaway tv to movie remake, but it was very surprising just how good it is. Johnny Depp even has a cameo as his character from the show, firmly placing this film into the show's continuity. Just all around clever, and I have to agree the biggest surprise was former box office bore channing tatum performing comedy that came off fresh and funny alongside a lot of people who have been doing it much longer. The whole thing left a great feeling in my stomach and has surpassed my former favorite drug/comedy/cop/action movie, pineapple express.

nOmArch

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Loved it, thought it was going to be another stupid remake and it wasn't, I really like how they took the piss out of this all the way through the movie.

8/10 Get your friends round and the beers in.

Frantic Canadian

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I wanted to see this one when I first heard that they were making it because I love movies based on old tv shows. When I heard that Jonah Hill was going to star in it I was skeptical because I cannot stand the guy, but the movie looked too good to pass up based on that alone, so I gave it a shot. Boy am I happy that I decided to check it out because I loved it, and I really liked Jonah Hill in it as well. I then saw him hosting SNL while the movie was out and he did a really good job with that too, one of the best shows of the season in fact, so I think I may rethink my hatred of Jonah Hill and give him another shot.

L8wrtr

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
My wife and I saw this on a lark and were, as everyone above, more than pleasently surprised, it was just the right level of juvenile, paradoy and for me, most importantly it was just the right degree of self-aware.. sometimes it threw it at you such as when Cube is talking about where they got the idea for the program, or (slightly) more subtle such as during the car chase.

Oh, and the end.. Jesus.. the ending.. we were crying.

skyled

Reaction score
Trophy Points
I just saw this and I thought it was absolutely hilarious. It even had the stereotypical subplot of two friends hurting each other and some soul searching, but unlike other movies, this one didn't slow down and kill the momentum when this happened while still having it be believable. It had the right balance of a genuine friendship type movie while still being incredibly funny.

yads

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Like others, I really enjoyed this. Ice Cube's schtick was the funniest part of the movie, to my surprise, but it was funny throughout. Surprisingly warm-hearted too.

ssj

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
oh, fucking K jeejuss. a comedy that actually made me laugh.

Top Bottom