• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

Converting VIDEO_TS into iso file

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nic

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Trying to figure out how to download edits into DVDs, but somtimes I don't get an iso file to burn. I tried converting a VIDEO_TS folder into a DVD, but I lost the special features in the conversion.

A VIDEO_TS folder is a perfectly acceptable format that can be burned to disc. But anyway here's what you want: http://download.cnet.com/ImgBurn/3000-2646_4-10847481.html

ImgBurn is a free program. You can convert the VIDEO_TS folder to an ISO file and then burn to disc.

What program are you using to burn your DVDs?

Gatos said:
You can convert the VIDEO_TS folder to an ISO file and then burn to disc.
Unnecessary step. Imgburn can burn the folder directly to disc.

This is all good to know. I tried converting the VIDEO_TS folder of The Republic Divided using Aimersoft, but all I got was the movie, not the menu/commentary/special goodies. Thank you all.

If you burn an iso to disc, you get a VIDEO_TS folder.
If you burn a VIDEO_TS folder to disc, you still have a VIDEO_TS folder :)
If you want to convert for the sake of archiving/sharing an edit though, your best bet would be Imgburn :)

Everything's answered in the above posts :)

If you burn a video TS on a DVD, be sure to burn it as a VIDEO DVD and not as a DATA DVD. (unless it's just for archiving)

TMBTM said:
If you burn a video TS on a DVD, be sure to burn it as a VIDEO DVD and not as a DATA DVD. (unless it's just for archiving)

Why burn a VIDEO_TS as a DATA DVD though? I mean you still end up with the VIDEO_TS folder so why not just burn it as a VIDEO DVD. That way you can still play it on a standalone player.

Frantic Canadian said:
Why burn a VIDEO_TS as a DATA DVD though? I mean you still end up with the VIDEO_TS folder so why not just burn it as a VIDEO DVD. That way you can still play it on a standalone player.

Isn't "burn as a Video DVD" what I just said or am I missing something?

TMBTM said:
Isn't "burn as a Video DVD" what I just said or am I missing something?

You mentioned burning it as a DATA DVD for archiving. I was simply pointing out that you'd still get the same thing whether you'd burn it as a VIDEO DVD or a DATA DVD, but at least with a VIDEO DVD you'd be able to watch it on a standalone player. Therefore there's no point in burning it as a DATA DVD even if it is just for archiving.

All right then.
I myself was just saying that to explain to the original poster that burning as a DATA DVD may cause the DVD to not play well on a standalone player, because DATA DVD is meant for burning datas and not video DVDs.
I said that for him to be aware of those two options that are differents.

I see. Did you work it out using Gatos' advice?

TMBTM said:
All right then.
I myself was just saying that to explain to the original poster that burning as a DATA DVD may cause the DVD to not play well on a standalone player, because DATA DVD is meant for burning datas and not video DVDs.
I said that for him to be aware of those two options that are differents.

Looks like we were basically saying the same thing. You just threw me with your "(unless it's just for archiving)" comment.

I will once I get my laptop back.

Please hurry so I can lock this thread. ;-)

Okay Frink, you can close it.

I was sort of kidding. Did you get it to work?

I don't have an available disc yet. I've tried to format the one I have, but it's write protected, so erasing it will take some work.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom