• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

RoboCop Reboot

megafat

Reaction score
Trophy Points
My response to this:

5&feature=plpp_video[/video]

Seriously, just release it on blu-ray but not as crap as the last time.

Or just let elbarto1's version of Robocop 2 come out.

Kal-El

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Could work, I suppose, judging from his looks alone (never saw him act)

Joel_Kinnaman_skvaller.png
joel-kinnaman-the-killing-gi.jpg

Joel-Kinnaman-wide.jpg

joel_kinnaman.jpg

megafat said:
My response to this:

5&feature=plpp_video[/video]

Seriously, just release it on blu-ray but not as crap as the last time.

Or just let elbarto1's version of Robocop 2 come out.

Benefit of the doubt perhaps?
Also, seeing the review still makes it the best transfer so far:
This Orion Picture production is presented in a 1:85:1 aspect ratio in 1080p. The picture quality is a mixed bag: some scenes look reasonably sharp, and others are marred by excessive film grain. Despite the amount of grain, this is the best I have seen Robocop look in all of its renditions: the 20th anniversary DVD, the Trilogy set issued by MGM, or the excellent laserdisc released by Criterion. The transfer itself is quite sharp. I was able to detect objects not previously seen on the DVD or laserdisc releases, like the detail in Robocop's uniform and headgear. Colors are reasonably saturated, and skin tones ranged from natural, to a little on the pink-reddish side. Blood is vividly red, but occasionally colors became subdued. Some scenes appear too dark obstructing shadow detail, and occasionally blacks look a little muddy. The graininess previously mentioned is most objectionable in dark colors, and could appear more like digital noise than grain. In spite of its flaws, this is the definitive Robocop in terms of picture quality.

Gatos

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Kal-El said:

He's good in AMC's The Killing. And apparently his work in Sweden receives a lot of praise.

nOmArch

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
It's a shame Darren is no longer involved.

Frantic Canadian

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Kal-El said:

Joel_Kinnaman_skvaller.png
joel-kinnaman-the-killing-gi.jpg

Joel-Kinnaman-wide.jpg

joel_kinnaman.jpg

Is it just me, or does he kinda look like Skeet Ulrich in that first pic?

Kal-El said:
Benefit of the doubt perhaps?

I'm all for giving something the benefit of the doubt, but comparatively speaking there aren't that many good remakes/reboots. Chances are it'll suck, but I'll reserve judgement until I've at least seen the trailer.

havok1977

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
You know, sometimes I feel like a grumpy old guy for complaining about this wave of remakes and tell myself to keep my pre judments in check, for Robocop the previous work of both the director and the actor has been to my liking. So I tell myself to shut up and give my opinion when and if this type of remake actually comes out.

But then I read news like this and my whole patience goes out the window and remember to just steer clear of the whole thing: Ryan Reynolds is the frontrunner for the Highlander remake ...... it just leads to me doing this :frusty:

DominicCobb

Staff member
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Now I know some people we're saying that they wanted him to look like the old design, but I didn't really care. It's a reboot, so I thought it was better if they went in a new direction.

But this direction is... I don't even know.

reave

Staff member
Reaction score
Trophy Points
FWIW, no one has confirmed that this is indeed Robocop, and not some other random bot. But yeah, I expected new, but this does nothing for me. The same suit with a little more bulk and in BRUSHED METAL would give me wood (or steel?).

reave

Staff member
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Rogue-theX said:
Maybe its a R.O.T.O.R. reboot. :p

I just threw up in my mouth a little bit.

Fuck this movie. Give me a Criterion Blu-ray of the original Robocop.

leeroy

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
that robocop design looks awful, no doubt it will be pg-13 as well

TMBTM

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I rarely give opinion based on few behind the set pictures, but yeah, it looks like a VERY lazy design.
I hope it will be more elegant and iconic in motion, but I will not buy this for a dollar.

JetSetWilly

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I think it's because we're so used to the original suit, that this one just looks cheap and nasty. Still, at least his gloves won't wrinkle up when he moves his hands.

Frantic Canadian

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I'm sorry but that suit looks like body armor instead of what it's actually supposed to be. And that helmet just makes me think of Judge Dredd.

Top Bottom