If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot. More details on our policies, especially our Own the Source rule are available here. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.

The future of Fanedit.org
Q2 Wrote:It's preemptive. FE.org hasn't been threatened or anything, but (...)
It has been, in 2008. FE.org was forced to stop because of a letter from the MPAA.
We don't want this to happen again. Hence new policy as Q2 said.

As for the availability of fanedits: Most recent ones are where they are supposed to be and are easy to find,
and if/when they are becoming less easy to get, then, well, you don't always have what you want in life...

When I was 17 (in 1992) I waited MONTHS and MONTHS to get something special I really wanted,
like a bootleg CD of Metallica or Megadeth, and finaly the day I find one I was so happy, even with a shitty sound you know.

I understand we are in 2012 and everyone want everything now. But fuck that. We are listing fanedits that exist.
If a faneditor don't bother to make his fanedit available again it's up to him.
Maybe he moved on an other hobby and if no one took care of the availability of his work, then his work is lost until it resurface one day.
There are about 500 fanedits listed, of course a lot of them are not available anymore. Plus a lot of them were on megaupload before this site shut down.
And now mediafire is starting messing around with fanedits too. That does not help to get what you want. That's the way it is.

If the faneditor is still around, you can PM him; if he's not, you can signal a missing fanedit to fanedit.info via their "report broken links" button.
"Always in motion is the future"
My instagramMy BLog - All my fanedits at IFDB - Q&A with TMBTM (from 2012) 
well stated sir.
i have a question for the general populace.
if a guy has some other editor's film, can that guy make that editor's film available ?
(assuming the original editor can't be reached.)
will permission of the original editor have to be granted ?
i apologize if this was already addressed.
Firstling attempt coming soon. i hope.
baileym43 Wrote:well stated sir.
i have a question for the general populace.
if a guy has some other editor's film, can that guy make that editor's film available ?
(assuming the original editor can't be reached.)
will permission of the original editor have to be granted ?
i apologize if this was already addressed.

Someone who knows better will chime in. But I was under the impression that as long as the edit is in one of the formats that the editor officially released it in, then its not a problem (and def encouraged) to make it available again.

*waits for Neg to come on the thread and tell me I'm wrong :oops:*
>>>Completed Edits<<<
Recently Completed: Crossing Mulberry Street
Currently Editing: Taxi Driver Rescored (Refn/Drive/Cliff Martinez Style)

"I used Adobe Premiere, I like to do a little weekend editing. I recently just cut 3 minutes out of Goodfellas."

What Gatos says is correct. If it's an xvid avi created by someone else I personally wouldn't put it up at info. If it's the DVD or avi/MP4/etc I downloaded from info before it went offline I would put it back up if the original editor is gone.

Any questions about this, feel free to PM me.

And TMBTM, I love you.
Disclaimer: The views and opinions expressed in this forum post do not represent the views of Fanedit.org or the Administrators.