If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot. More details on our policies, especially our Own the Source rule are available here. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.

The future of Fanedit.org
BladeRunner391 Wrote:I have no idea what I'm talking about anymore. :oops:

Welcome to my world. I'll send you a PM.
Disclaimer: The views and opinions expressed in this forum post do not represent the views of Fanedit.org or the Administrators. 
I'm pretty sure I'm on the ball here, but just to be on the safe side, could you send me one too, Neg?
Yeah, I thought the links were disappearing altogether, too. The clarification in this thread has helped a lot.
So if I may venture a guess, I would say that the individual edit information pages will no longer say "May be downloadable from _____."
Infamous TC Wrote:So if I may venture a guess, I would say that the individual edit information pages will no longer say "May be downloadable from _____."

Speaking of which, what happened to the edit information pages anyways? Is the staff still working on it?
Completed:
None

In the Works:
None
I think we all need to be a bit more patient. Fanedit.org is going through some big changes right now (currently the whole server switch etc.) The staff are doing their best and are aware of the problems and bugs. The change is not going to be perfect right off the bat, there will be hiccups, but we all need to have a little faith that everything will eventually work out in the end Smile. I know most of us freak out when the forums are down for even an hour but again, we need to be patient.
>>>Completed Edits<<<
Recently Completed: Crossing Mulberry Street
Currently Editing: Taxi Driver Rescored (Refn/Drive/Cliff Martinez Style)

"I used Adobe Premiere, I like to do a little weekend editing. I recently just cut 3 minutes out of Goodfellas."

BladeRunner391 Wrote:Speaking of which, what happened to the edit information pages anyways? Is the staff still working on it?

They are there, but the links are missing a key component: /wp. A temporary workaround is if you click on a fanedit page you'll get an error. Just add /wp after fanedit.org so it looks like fanedit.org/wp/###. This will get you to the pages until I can get the links redirected properly.
Infamous TC Wrote:So if I may venture a guess, I would say that the individual edit information pages will no longer say "May be downloadable from _____."

Correct.

"________" is still there and will continue in some form but it is not a part of fanedit.org and the staff of fanedit.org will not be involved with it, which includes the handling of link information. If you were previously used to sending links to a staff member, please do not, but if you have questions about it, please feel free to PM a staff member.

To help provide some clarity as the FAQ's aren't in place yet;
  • There will still be a process for site-approved faneditors to list their edits (descriptions and disk art only) on this site database. This process will only be visible to approved faneditors.
  • Faneditors are responsible for how they make their edits available using whatever resources are still out there.
  • Edits by unapproved faneditors (firstlings) will not be listed in the site database. There will be a process for firstlings to get their edits approved. Once they are approved editors, they can then have access to the submit link.
  • Youtube and Vimeo are public sites and you remain free to link to videos posted there. They have their own rules regarding posting content, and if it's available there, it can be linked to here.
  • All forum members remain able to PRIVATE MESSAGE each to their hearts content. These messages are after all, private, that is, not public.

As noted, details will be coming as quickly as we can provide them and in the big picture, the net affect on forum members will be minimal, just be sure to help out your fellow-forum members as needed, particularly new ones who won't have the historical memory/experience that you have. We are a community and the changes underway will in the long run strengthen the site and make for a better overall community experience.
Thanks L8
I am comfortable in the knowledge that I know nothing.
http://www.fanedit.org/forums/showthread...n-LPD-edit
I'll just wait to see how this all unfolds before making an opinion... I know it will be for the betterment of the community and I'm sure the fine people that run .org have the best interests of everyone in mind as they always have...

I'm sure people won't have an issue getting the "links" as some have shown concern... Faneditors are often fans of their work and are easily prepared to share... atleast I thought that was the concept.. I could be wrong (insert sarcasm here)...

I haven't been the most vocal guy in the forums (something I've tried to do more of in recent months) but it's always easy to get info or fire off a PM to the faneditor and guess what they will pretty much always answer back... If anything I think this change will engage people to become more involved...

The only negative I see in all of this (for me atleast) is where the cover art will be hosted moving forward (as it is currently just a click away) but I can only assume it will be just as easy to get that as well if it isn't included in the "links" provided by the faneditor...