• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Alcatraz Cancelled

Whispers

Reaction score
Trophy Points
According to reports Fox has cancelled "Alcatraz"

I don't know about most people but I really enjoyed this show.... I thought the story was interesting enough and every week you got introduced to a new character... The acting was always good as well..

I rarely watch "regular" network shows since all they air is Reality crap... Maybe it's the non-thinking not using your brain too much reality shows that are making it hard for people to grasp smart intelligent writen shows like Alcatraz... They can't pull themselves out of their reality based television coma to actually think about a story...

Next thing they'll do is cancel "The River" on me... lol

Atleast I have my Sons of Anarchy, Dexter, Boardwalk Empire, Game of Thrones and Walking Dead to keep me entertained...

cast-of-alcatraz-4.jpg

Q2

Staff member
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
While Alcatraz wasn't amazing by any means it was engaging enough. Sad to hear it was canceled. At least I've got Fringe for one final season.

havok1977

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Q2 said:
At least I've got Fringe for one final season.

^ This, I suspect that Alcatraz had to die for Fringe to have a final season... and I'm just fine with that.

g1orkatsos

Faneditor
Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
i never really bothered watching Alcatraz. Sorry, but the show's main concept still sounds stupid to me. I haven't watched any episodes of it so i can't comment on the cancellation, but the main idea of the show of having criminals coming from the past and that the whole prison was a lie and whatever.... It sounded more like a weird Lost wannabe that was destined to disappoint me like Lost eventually did

white43

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
The concept of Alcatraz was fine, but it very quickly got into episodic, hunt the bad guy each week. There was a vague sort of overlying arc and some secrets we never got to the bottom of. It was OK, in my view, but I'm more of a story-arc fan, than a episodic fan.

If this had to die so that Fringe could go another 13, I'm fine with this also. Get Hurley and House into something together :lol:

Whispers

Reaction score
Trophy Points
white43 said:
If this had to die so that Fringe could go another 13, I'm fine with this also. Get Hurley and House into something together :lol:

I never got into Fringe as I was never really a fan of the X-files and that's the show I heard it was most compared to... although I have heard some really good things as well... There must be enough fan boys watching as it always seems to escape the cancellation hammer...

Alcatraz always kept my attention... I will agree ALL episodes followed the same concept of find the bad guy but I enjoyed the back stories and little nuggets of mystery that were thrown at you every once and awhile... Abrams had his signature written all over it as even the music sounded like he just re-used the soundtrach from Lost but I think given one more season it would've gotten a lot more interesting

g1orkatsos

Faneditor
Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Frantic Canadian said:
The River has now officially been cancelled.
That show never felt anything more that another one-of-the-same handheld camera productions with some cheap scares. At least to me

Frantic Canadian

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
g1orkatsos said:
That show never felt anything more that another one-of-the-same handheld camera productions with some cheap scares. At least to me

I never even heard of it until Whispers mentioned it. I'm more of a sitcom guy myself.

steelio2006

Reaction score
Trophy Points
white43 said:
The concept of Alcatraz was fine, but it very quickly got into episodic, hunt the bad guy each week. There was a vague sort of overlying arc and some secrets we never got to the bottom of. It was OK, in my view, but I'm more of a story-arc fan, than a episodic fan.

i say bring the actors who played Hurley and House into final season of Fringe could be intriguing. Im actually trying to catch up on Fringe (Have Season 1 and 2 on dvd, waiting to get the third) the idea of Walter and House in the same room together is completely batcrazy, yet very amusing. i know really random. back on track, i honestly never watched Alcatraz. it just never seemed all that interesting really. just like it was trying to be another Lost type of show.

Top Bottom