• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Chronicle [2012]

elbarto1

Faneditor
Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Heres another movie told only through the camera lens of the people in the film. IE one character carries around a camera and the only time we get other angles is when theres a second camera on site. This actually works pretty well here 90% of the time. I liked the story alot and was really pleased that the casting was pretty well done - meaning the characters werent all super douchey 20-30 somethings playing teens and could actually act [most of the time]

Overall I was impressed w/ this one mostly because I expected a turd like Jumper or some other recent superpower movies aimed at teens. This one made me care about the characters and did a nice job telling a story via a method that I usually cant stand [found footage/character cameras only] it did get a little far fetched at the end that someone would continue filming something or a camera would be in just the right place but its whatever.

7/10

Frantic Canadian

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I just watched this one the other day myself and really enjoyed it. I agree about the ending, but it was a pretty good film nonetheless.

nOmArch

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Anyone caught the DC?

elbarto1

Faneditor
Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I saw the DC - couldnt tell you what was different from the theatrical though.

Frantic Canadian

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
The director's cut is about 6 minutes longer than the theatrical cut if I'm not mistaken. Not sure about the differences though.

elbarto1

Faneditor
Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
According to the IMDb forum
the diner scenes when they are messing w/ the waitress are the only additions. It makes sense because her credited role appears at the very end of the credits.

but thats not 6 minutes worth of material.

Frantic Canadian

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
elbarto1 said:
According to the IMDb forum
the diner scenes when they are messing w/ the waitress are the only additions. It makes sense because her credited role appears at the very end of the credits.

but thats not 6 minutes worth of material.

The IMDB can't always be trusted though. When it comes to comparisons between cuts I always check out http://movie-censorship.com , unfortunately they don't have a comparison for Chronicle yet.

nOmArch

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Frantic Canadian said:
The IMDB can't always be trusted though. When it comes to comparisons between cuts I always check out http://movie-censorship.com , unfortunately they don't have a comparison for Chronicle yet.

Hence my question.

Nic

Reaction score
Trophy Points
I was hoping there'd be a scene where
Andrew rips his dad's limbs from his body, like what he did with the spider.

Gaith

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Just saw this and really enjoyed it. Had a few quibbles, namely

The talent show would definitely have had the authorities on their case, not to mention the dentistry bit, the police at the end would have been firing all the weapons the whole time, and really, the black guy still dies first? :p

But overall thought it quite strong, and I look forward to seeing the main guy as Harry Osborn in ASM2. Also, gotta love the other guy's Nostromo shirt.

B+

HOWEVER: Was suprised and dismayed to learn this was PG-13. There was some seriously violent and realistic-feeling stuff here, especially in the school incident... that The King's Speech gets an R and this doesn't is barking madness.

elbarto1

Faneditor
Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Gaith said:
HOWEVER: Was suprised and dismayed to learn this was PG-13. There was some seriously violent and realistic-feeling stuff here, especially in the school incident... that The King's Speech gets an R and this doesn't is barking madness.

did you see the directors cut? maybe it had more violence. i dont remember the differences.

wabid

Reaction score
Trophy Points
I saw that, but elbarto1 didnt. I was just drawing attention to it.

Top Bottom