• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

The Hills Have Eyes II - Scary As Hell Edition

boon23

Faneditor
Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I am about to release my first fanedit here. It will probably be the first of many. My current plans are to release as xvid avi and if successful, maybe as DVD.
This firstling will need approvement, so please watch it, once it is available and give me your comments. Oh, and I will probably ONLY work on horror movies to make them scarier. I am not heading for a doctor or for something too deep, I just want to improve on movies that I liked, even if some are considered rather trashy.
And you will never see Star Wars or Matrix or Superman or Spiderman edited by me. These BIG ones are not my passion.

Maybe downloadable from Fanedit.info

oh this is music to my ears. i can't wait to see what you have raz0r. Nex loves the horror movies.

it will be done.
Cool cover. Care to send me the info?

ok...I have finished my first fanedit.
THE HILLS HAVE EYES II - SCARY AS HELL EDITION
(all my horror fanedits will be a "scary as hell edition")

3d_hillshaveeyes2SAHedition.jpg

Can someone move this to TRUE FANEDITS as soon as I release my torrent?

torrent up on piratebay.

this will probably be my next one:
01xc4.jpg

No reason to leave the cave already ;-)

hmmm... is that the descent?

some experts around here, it seems. :)
just one thing: you will be afraid. Hopefully more afraid. :D

... I have watched this now.
First of: this is approved to go on fanedit.org
18596830yi7.png

Secondly: wow! This is awesome. Simply put. You took a very weak horror remake sequel and made it an enjoyable horror movie. I really liked it. Of course it is still cheesy, but it is VERY thrilling, has a lot of dark atmosphere and is masterfully edited.

Since I have only watched the avi version (nothing else seems to be available for now) I will write my review based on that. The avi is a 700mb version and it comes with a new beginning (which seems to be the official teaser), wherein the new title is (not too well) added. The end credits are also new and feature the teaser music as full version, combined with a self created slide-show, which is nice to watch, but could have been through the entire end credits. The second half is just black. But that is a very minor problem as the audience is supposed to listen to the music there anyway, I guess. It's been a while since I watched the original, but I am sure you changed more than your info says. I checked the beginning text and it is different inmy original.

The edit:
The image quality of the avi is a bit unsharp, mabye because you only chose 700mb and I think I saw a slight stutter in long camera drives, but that is not too annoying. Also some of the zooms you made, made the picture a bit blurry, but that is also not a major problem. Technically this was fantastic. No visual flaws. And I watched one of the scenes you deleted (shitman) on my original to compare and it is really incredible what you did there, to make the story flow and let him completely disappear.
the audio quality was almost perfect for stereo sound. The beginning seemed a bit too loud. Still: great
editing: 5 of 5
image quality: 4 of 5 (for an avi)
audio quality: 5 of 5 (for an avi)

Entertainment:

This is still no masterpiece, but it is VERY entertaining now. You really improved this movie about as much as possible and I love your version.
So, compared to the original
5 of 5

Extras:
It was an avi, but still you added a nice and informative info and a very cool cover art, which can also be used for a DVD.
No subtitles, no other audio.
4 of 5 (for an avi)

resulting in... and hold your breath guys, because I really rarely do this:
5 of 5 from me.

If you like horror movies with ugly monsters, go get it. It has an incredible number of seeders right now (about 40).

uploaded to Rapidshare on linktalk
BT on piratebay

wow!!!! thanks boon23! Really thanks.
This has been downloaded about 500 times now. I am putting the final steps on a DVD release now. It features a slightly altered version of the movie (I added flies buzzing, chnged the volume of the beginning to better fit and finsihed the final slide show).
I hope you all enjoy my firstling.
There will be an ipod version (mp4) on the DVD. Does anyone want it as an extra release?

my second fanedit is almost finished and I am very happy with the result.
Watch out for another scary cave trip SOON!

will this be in avi form too?
and if so do you plan on doing this one and Hills have Eyes 2 in DVD format?

thanks

HHE2 is already out on a very nice DVD via Rapidshare. I am not sure if the faneditor intends to release via torrent. There is also an ipod version in the DVD ROM part of the DVD.

I totally forgot to comment on this. I thought the editing was pretty good, there were really no problems (although it was abit choppy that he's taking a shit then all the sudden he's outside, talking with the woman who previously obviously didn't want to do so). Now, I still don't agree with the removal of Shitman, primarily because he was so hilarious, but also because I strongly disagree with your reasoning of cutting him out; You claim that he ruined the mutants since they wouldn't be smart enough to do something like that. However, the theory that mutants put him into the shitter is only one theory, presented by one of the soldiers. For all we know he could've just hid there since there was no other place, and he had been previously tortured by the monsters. I like that Redding stays dead, his speech was so cliched, but it really changes nothing to be honest. I couldn't really tell much of a difference with this and the original, aside from the beginning which was ok. Now I don't mean I didn't notice the cuts so to speak, I just mean that I don't think that there's any improvement or real difference between this and the original. I was looking forward to something scary, yet I got HHE 2 with a new beginning and one less lmao-moment. Good editing, but it doesn't change the movie.

Movie: 1?/5, I would give this 2 if Shitman was here, I suppose.

Editing: 4/5 the part I mentioned earlier bothered me, but otherwise the editing was flawless.

Image: 3/5 abit blurry. I watched the .avi version.

I think it is cool we all have different views on a matter and if a fanedit is talked about, what better thing could happen? More than 2000 people have meanwhile downlaoded the avi version and 20 have downloaded the DVD from rapidshare and I am so very proud.
Of course this is a dumb horror movie, it never intended to be anything else, but as that, most people seem to think it runs much better. That's what fanediting is for.

About removing the movie credits, this is what I do and will always do. End credits are for the original movies in my opinion. For me I want to use them for a little info, some images and a good end song. I find reading credits boring and I can do that all the time with the original.

If you like those horror fanedits, my recommendations are:
Doomed by the boogeyman by CBB, because this bad bad movie has been turned into a nice kind of classic creepshow.
High Tension Minus One Edition by CBB, because without the plot twist this one worked so much better. Maybe it was less subtle but twice as scary, I think.
Doom - the posessed cut by CBB, because takign out the over the top scenes and the dumb jokes made this VERY creepy.
Hellblazer - remixed by Jorge, because an average Hollywood movie was turned into a demonish ride, which it was supposed to be from the very beginning.

...and since it was brought up and is kind of in question... I am a girl. :)

3Raz0r said:
Of course this is a dumb horror movie, it never intended to be anything else, but as that, most people seem to think it runs much better. That's what fanediting is for.
I beg to differ as to that being what fanediting is for. Even though (rarely) some improvements can be made, I personally conceive fanediting as a way for people to give new perspectives of movies to other people.

I think you are correct there. Improvement is just one possibility and really is a question of taste. Offering an alternate take is what fanediting is about.
And if this alternative is an improvement: great!

uploaded to Rapidshare on linktalk
BT on piratebay

I'm really looking forward to this. I plan to show it to my Left 4 Dead fan friends.

Back
Top Bottom