• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

2012 Movies

QuickCut

Faneditor
Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Which ones are you MOST excited for? I'm gonna say...

8. G.I. Joe: Retaliation
7. The Amazing Spider-Man
6. Skyfall
5. Brave
4. The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey
3. The Bourne Legacy
2. The Avengers
1. The Dark Knight Rises

Man, almost all of those are sequels! Seems like there's no really hyped-up original stuff coming out this year...

I'm kind of dumb. I've never seen the Alien movies, which means I can't really say I'm psyched for Prometheus. Man, what is wrong with me? I need to go watch the Alien movies.

Neglify

Reaction score
Trophy Points
QuickCut said:
I'm kind of dumb. I've never seen the Alien movies, which means I can't really say I'm psyched for Prometheus. Man, what is wrong with me?

banned.jpg

The most I'm most psyched to see in 2012 is Paul Thomas Anderson's new movie (which I hope will be a 2012 release).

QuickCut

Faneditor
Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Huh, ok, cool. I finished watching about the first 2 hours of There Will Be Blood last night and I'm LOVING IT. Haven't seen much other PTA stuff though.

Frantic Canadian

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
The only one from that list that I'm pumped for is The Dark Knight Rises. I'm interested in seeing what they did with the new Spider-Man movie though, and G.I. Joe: Retaliation looks cool as well. Couldn't care less for the Avengers, Bourne, or The Hobbit, and I've never even heard of Skyfall or Brave. As for Prometheus, I saw the trailer but it didn't really do anything for me. I am a fan of the Alien films though, I've got the Legacy and Quadrilogy DVD box sets, but I need to see a little more of it before I make up my mind about it. Will definitely see it at some point though.

QuickCut said:
Huh, ok, cool. I finished watching about the first 2 hours of There Will Be Blood last night and I'm LOVING IT. Haven't seen much other PTA stuff though.

Do yourself a favor and watch Boogie Nights and Magnolia.

Neglify

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Frantic Canadian said:
Do yourself a favor and watch Boogie Nights and Magnolia.

Five times in a row. Then watch There Will Be Blood again 20 times. Then watch Hard Eight. Then watch them all again.

Frantic Canadian

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Neglify said:
Five times in a row. Then watch There Will Be Blood again 20 times. Then watch Hard Eight. Then watch them all again.

Forgot about Hard Eight. Another good movie.

QuickCut

Faneditor
Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Frantic Canadian said:
Couldn't care less for the Avengers, Bourne, or The Hobbit

:-(

Frantic Canadian said:
I've never even heard of Skyfall or Brave

Skyfall = next James Bond movie

Brave = next Pixar movie

Neglify

Reaction score
Trophy Points
HOLY SHIT. I forgot about Punch Drunk Love. Watch that one a million times.

Neglify

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Oh and also looking forward to Argo.

Frantic Canadian

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
QuickCut said:

I'll see The Avengers when it hits the discount theater at the mall, only 2$ on Tuesdays, or when it hits DVD/Blu-Ray cause I know my dad is going to buy it so I'll just borrow it from him.

As for Bourne I saw the first one on opening day and was bored to death by it. I also never bought Matt Damon as some super spy action hero. I laughed my ass off when he busts out the martial arts moves. I gave him another shot though and watched all 3 Bourne films last summer. I didn't hate it this time around, but I didn't love it either. At best they were alright. Nothing to get excited about.

Saw the first two LOTR movies in theaters but didn't see the third one until it hit DVD. First two were alright, but the third one almost put me to sleep, and it wasn't because of the length. :lol: Tried reading the first book after I saw the movie, but it's so damn boring and extremely descriptive, that I just gave up on it.

QuickCut said:
Skyfall = next James Bond movie

Brave = next Pixar movie

Ah, okay. Forgot about the new James Bond movie. Definitely interested in that one, but I probably won't see it until it hits Blu-Ray. I've yet to see a single Bond movie theatrically. I don't know what the new Pixar movie is about, but I'm sure it'll be great.

QuickCut

Faneditor
Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I didn't love the first two LOTR movies as much as some people, but I liked them. I agree though, didn't really care for the third...

elbarto1

Faneditor
Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
as far as theatre worthy films coming out on the horizon, all i really care about is prometheus.

and PTA FTW. I was just quoting Hard Eight earlier today "I dont use matches" LOL

TMBTM

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
For me there are only two movies this year:
Prometheus and The Hobbit.

Then (only then): TDKR.

Avengers: will watch this one this week end. First I did not like the idea of this bunch of different characters teaming together. But I guess the hype got me in the end.
Bourne always kind of bored me. I'll pass.
The new Pixar... I don't know, maybe I'm not the target for this movie... On the other hand, Pixar trailers usualy looks not as good as the movies.
SKyfall: Well, why not, I like a good JB. I'll surely go seeing it with my GF who loves Craig... But I could personally live this year without seeing it. No problem.
Amazing Spiderman. I think I'll skip that one. Not interested in another origine story with new actors.

ThrowgnCpr

awol
Staff member
Reaction score
Trophy Points
elbarto1 said:
as far as theatre worthy films coming out on the horizon, all i really care about is prometheus.

same for me. I'm interested in the hobbit, but not nearly as much as Prometheus. I could give 2 shits about Avengers, and I am not excited for Batman.

T-HOPE

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
QuickCut said:
Which ones are you MOST excited for? I'm gonna say...

8. G.I. Joe: Retaliation
7. The Amazing Spider-Man
6. Skyfall
5. Brave
4. The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey
3. The Bourne Legacy
2. The Avengers
1. The Dark Knight Rises

Man, almost all of those are sequels! Seems like there's no really hyped-up original stuff coming out this year...

I'm kind of dumb. I've never seen the Alien movies, which means I can't really say I'm psyched for Prometheus. Man, what is wrong with me? I need to go watch the Alien movies.

My list (I would have included America Reunion, Underworld 4, Immortals, etc if you had asked this question in the beginning of this year):
15. Ice Age 4
14. A Thousand Words
13. [REC]3 Genesis
12. Snow white and the Huntsman
11. Total Recall
10. Men In Black 3
9. The Expendables 2
8. The Divide
7. Resident Evil: Retribution (hate the film series, but still curious to the story being told)
6. Biohazard: Damnation
5. The Avengers
4. The Hobbit - Part 1
3. Amazing Spider-Man
2. Prometheus
1. The Dark Knight Rises

Sunarep

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
[Rec]3... man that was a disappointment :(

Frantic Canadian

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
T-HOPE said:
14. A Thousand Words

Seriously? You're talking about the Eddie Murphy movie, right? Why would you be excited for that one? It was a huge bomb, got a 0% Fresh Rating on Rotten Tomatoes. And you do know that it was made 4 years ago. It was put on hold after Meet Dave flopped. And I can't imagine that Norbit, which came out a year earlier, or Imagine That, which came out a year later, helped matters any. Probably the only reason it was finally released is because Tower Heist was actually good, otherwise it would probably still be sitting on the shelf unreleased. :lol:

Top Bottom