• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

Jack and Jill

QuickCut

Faneditor
Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I think Jack and Jill is one of the most important films of the current age. It has the depth, the drama, the intricate plot of The Godfather; the emotional intensity of Braveheart; the relentless realism of Saving Private Ryan; and the mind-blowing action of The Matrix.

The most provoking aspect of this masterpiece is that it really explores the deepest depths of the human mind, probing into areas that have never before been searched in the annals of film. Every minute, every second, the tension builds, the suspense rises, each stunning event subsuming the last in an exhilarating build-up to the meaning of life itself.

Jack and Jill will go down in history next to The Godfather, Taxi Driver, Braveheart, The Shawshank Redemption, Saving Private Ryan, The Matrix, Citizen Kane, Casablanca, Pulp Fiction, and Fight Club.

Well said. Amazing film.

I thought I was alone in feeling this. You've captured my feelings exactly.

it scrunches my nootzkas to know that others feel this way.

i, too, experience that oceanic cathedral feeling when watching this movie.

I guess i'm going to be the odd man out and want every copy of this film to be lit on fire and not even piss the flames out.

megafat said:
I guess i'm going to be the odd man out and want every copy of this film to be lit on fire and not even piss the flames out.

How very dare you! On a mere budget of only 90 million, Sandler has crafted a masterpiece of the generation. Despite the budget, he managed to capture a low-end look. The product placement is cleverly hidden.

Mike Stoklasa and Jay Bauman discuss the merits of the film here : http://redlettermedia.com/half-in-the-bag/jack-and-jill/

I never seen this movie I must say.
But only looking at the poster art makes me worried that I could possibly not be smart enough to really understand the awesomeness of it.

white43 said:
How very dare you! On a mere budget of only 90 million, Sandler has crafted a masterpiece of the generation. Despite the budget, he managed to capture a low-end look. The product placement is cleverly hidden.

Mike Stoklasa and Jay Bauman discuss the merits of the film here : http://redlettermedia.com/half-in-the-bag/jack-and-jill/

On second viewing, it does improve. But i still find it doesn't work as a movie. Maybe someone should edit out some of the slow bits so it can truly shine.

Isn't it ironic...
Alanis-Morissette.jpg

don't you think?

:p

Its one of those rare films that when they come along challenge the way we look at cinema, life, and reality itself. It dares to take risks, be different, and NOT follow to the rules and boundaries of Hollywood. Every single second of this film is pure GENIUS... A construct of unbelievable power, casting nothing short of the Hollywood's finest, the legendary screen presence, one of the gems of American cinema, the master Himself, Adam Sandler.
Now many of you may look at this film and say "This is the worst piece of shit I've ever seen in my entire life". But that's because you are not seeing the true symbolic meaning behind what it looks like a massive pile of puke. Deep inside lies one of the greatest THINGS of all time... Something you have to experience no matter what.

it's like looking into the eyes of the old gods and the new. you will see the meaning of the cosmos. and your farts shall smell sweet.

Here's my review of the film that I posted on a Facebook group I belong to:

I did something today that I'm not proud of. I watched "Jack And Jill". lol I could not bring myself to watch it, based on the poster art alone, but for some reason today I decided to give in and watch it. Oh how I regret even just opening the DVD player to pop it in. lol

I knew I was going to see something bad, but just how bad I had no idea. The movie starts off and it's alright, but then Adam Sandler wakes up and goes to the airport to pick up his "twin sister" Jill, which happens extremely early in the movie. From that point on it's all downhill.

First off you'd have to be blind to believe that he could pass as a woman, based on looks alone. Secondly, that voice has to be the most annoying voice I've ever heard. I'm not kidding. He makes Fran Drescher's voice sound incredibly sexy in comparison. And annoying? You have no idea.

There's a scene I found kinda creepy. He's trying to get Jill off his hands so he has her sign up for online dating, but when she doesn't get a single reply he puts her personal ad on Craigslist and says to contact her via whatever dating site her ad was on. Norm MacDonald responds and comes to pick her up. As she's coming down the stairs Adam looks at her with "I'm in love" look. Norm has the right response though, with a disgusted look on his face.

There's too much stupidity to mention, but I can't help but ask, "What were you thinking Al Pacino? Your career wasn't in the shitter. You're an amazing actor. How could you do this to yourself, and your career?" If you haven't seen this movie let me fill you in. Al Pacino, who is playing himself here, meets Adam and Jill at a Laker's game. Adam approaches him and Johnny Depp, who is there with Al, about doing a Dunkin' Donuts commercial. Jill can't help but ask stupid questions to both of them, asking Johnny Depp if he was in Duran Duran. But when Al finds out that Jill is from the Bronx he's sold. He is now in love with her. I'm not talking about a small crush here, no, that would be too easy and not unrealistic enough. He falls head over heels in love with her, to the point of obsession almost. From the point where he's introduced, up until the end of the movie, he's trying to win her over.

Now if that doesn't sound stupid enough, and if Al's career hasn't landed in the toilet by that point, the movie ends with Al and Adam watching the commercial that Al filmed for Dunkin' Donuts, in which he is rapping the whole time! I didn't know if I should laugh or stare in utter disbelief, I ended up staring in utter disbelief. Adam asks Al for his opinion, and Al replies by saying that the commercial, and all copies, should be destroyed. It should never be seen again, and those who saw it should be spoken to. If only he felt the same way after having seen this movie.

The DVD offers 13 deleted scenes as extras. I thought that was a lot, until I watched the movie. After watching it I can only say that 13 is not nearly enough. This movie needs to be destroyed and never brought up by anyone ever again.

As a side note I was a little surprised not to see Rob Schneider in a cameo role, which he usually does for Sandler's movies. Apparently he read the script and decided that even his career hadn't hit so low a point that appearing in Jack And Jill, even in a cameo, sounded appealing. lol David Spade, however, does appear, in drag. I don't know who was less believable as a women, Adam or David? Either way it's a no-win situation for anyone watching this wretched abomination.

I think you're failing to see the provoking themes of previously unexplored theological profundities of this film, aspects that bear deep implications for life itself.

QuickCut said:
I think you're failing to see the provoking themes of previously unexplored theological profundities of this film, aspects that bear deep implications for life itself.

No. I think I'm the only one who wasn't celebrating 420 when watching it. :lol:

even a 420 celebration wouldn't keep you from seeing J&J for what it is.

which is an elevation of the soul. a masterpiece even alien civilizations will appreciate, even if their english sucks.

I think when Buddha spoke of enlightenment, he was simply having a vision of Jack and Jill.

ssj said:
even a 420 celebration wouldn't keep you from seeing J&J for what it is.

which is an elevation of the soul. a masterpiece even alien civilizations will appreciate, even if their english sucks.

The only thing Jack And Jill elevated was my tolerance for crap and annoying characters.

Frantic Canadian said:
The only thing Jack And Jill elevated was my tolerance for crap and annoying characters.

buddha-like. a step closer to peace on earth.

Back
Top Bottom