• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Looper

g1orkatsos

Faneditor
Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
i didn't know about this one. indeed, looks really interesting....

elbarto1

Faneditor
Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
looks like it could be good. but looks like it wont be.
i get the same vibe from that trailer as i did from "in-time" which was easily one of the worst movies i have ever seen.
I think the cast looks pretty rad but the slo-mo and quick cut editing shit in the trailer looks really tired - hope thats just done to "enhance" [meh] the trailer for the add crowd.
Willis needs a return to form, hope this is the one that brings him back.
oh and while I'm ranting at a movie I havent even seen - the title sucks. :)

Q2

Staff member
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Rian Johnson is a pretty competent director so I have faith this will be as good as the preview makes it look.

hebrides

Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I've been wondering about this one since I saw the teaser for the trailer (yes, they do those now) the other night.

I remember reading on Ain't It Cool News quite a few years ago about a script that was making the rounds in which an older version of a character and a younger version square off, with one chasing the other. At the time, they had planned to do it using technology similar to that used to "youthen" Patrick Stewart and Ian McKellen for X3. They were trying to interest a big star to play both roles, and I remember the speculation centering around Harrison Ford and/or someone else of similar stature (Schwarzenegger, perhaps?) becoming attached to the film.

The premise of this film seems pretty different, and obviously there are two actors instead of one, but I'm wondering whether this is a heavily reworked version of that original treatment.

Does anyone remember what I'm talking about, and does anyone know whether this is in fact the final version of that original idea?

ThrowgnCpr

awol
Staff member
Reaction score
Trophy Points
look like it could be really cool, but something about it tells me it will probably not turn out as great as it should. Will go in with low expectations.

STANKPAC

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I know Reave has the link posted up top, but here is the trailer from Youtube!

QuickCut

Faneditor
Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
WOAH. That looks insane.

Frantic Canadian

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
STANKPAC said:
I know Reave has the link posted up top, but here is the trailer from Youtube!

Am I the only one getting a "The Adjustment Bureau" vibe from this?

STANKPAC

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Frantic Canadian said:
Am I the only one getting a "The Adjustment Bureau" vibe from this?
Is it because Emily Blunt is in both of them?! Lol. ;-)

Frantic Canadian

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
STANKPAC said:
Is it because Emily Blunt is in both of them?! Lol. ;-)

I didn't even notice that she was in this until you pointed it out. No, it's because both movies are about secret government agencies trying to stop one man. It's not even just the fact that both movies have similar plots, but the feel of the trailer was very Adjustment Bureau-ish. I don't know if that makes any sense to anyone else, but it does to me. I guess you could also throw in a little In Time in there as well. All in all the trailer doesn't do much for me, and if it's anything like The Adjustment Bureau or In Time then it's going to suck big time.

elbarto1

Faneditor
Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
whoa whoa whoa, adjustment bureau was very good [IMO] in time was sooooooo totally awful. I understand not liking AB but c'mon it wasnt "in time" bad :p

Frantic Canadian

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
elbarto1 said:
whoa whoa whoa, adjustment bureau was very good [IMO] in time was sooooooo totally awful. I understand not liking AB but c'mon it wasnt "in time" bad :p

Adjustment Bureau wasn't anywhere near as bad as In Time, but it sucked nonetheless. Nothing more than a chick flick disguised as a guy flick.

ThrowgnCpr

awol
Staff member
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I really enjoyed Adjustment Bureau. It wasn't a great film, but I thought it was quite enjoyable. And nothing I would call a "chick flick"

Frantic Canadian

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
ThrowgnCpr said:
I really enjoyed Adjustment Bureau. It wasn't a great film, but I thought it was quite enjoyable. And nothing I would call a "chick flick"

It's very much a chick flick Throw.

The whole plot of the movie is about how our lives are mapped out already. Forget fate, everything is predestined. Matt Damon spends the whole movie trying to get to his one true love, Emily Blunt, despite attempts by the secret government agency, or whatever they are, who are trying to keep them apart. When they're finally together though they're on the run from the same men who are trying to keep them apart. It's basically a modernized version of Romeo & Juliet. If that doesn't sound like a chick flick to you I don't know what does.

Even the IMDB and Universal Pictures synopsis of the film describe it as a chick flick.

IMDB said:
The affair between a politician and a ballerina is affected by mysterious forces keeping the lovers apart.

Universal Pictures said:
Do we control our destiny, or do unseen forces manipulate us? A man glimpses the future Fate has planned for him and realizes he wants something else. To get it, he must pursue across, under and through the streets of modern-day New York the only woman he's ever loved. On the brink of winning a seat in the U.S. Senate, ambitious politician David Norris (Damon) meets beautiful contemporary ballet dancer Elise Sellas (Emily Blunt) - a woman like none he's ever known. But just as he realizes he's falling for her, mysterious men conspire to keep the two apart. David learns he is up against the agents of Fate itself - the men of The Adjustment Bureau - who will do everything in their considerable power to prevent David and Elise from being together. In the face of overwhelming odds, he must either let her go and accept a predetermined path...or risk everything to defy Fate and be with her.

QuickCut

Faneditor
Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Why does it matter if it's like a chick flick, as long as it's a good movie? ;-)

Frantic Canadian

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Neglify said:
If IMDB says it, it must be true.

I didn't mean it as the IMDB is the authority, I simply meant that I wasn't the only one who considered it a chick flick, even the studio that released it pretty much described it as such.

QuickCut said:
Why does it matter if it's like a chick flick, as long as it's a good movie? ;-)

It's not that it's a chick flick, it's that it's a chick flick disguised as guy flick. It's like if they had advertised Twilight as some bad ass vampire movie. I know that's probably a bad example because they're based on books so you probably already know going in what you're going to get, but it's basically the same thing. And chick flick aside, no I did not enjoy The Adjustment Bureau. I found it to be rather boring actually.

ThrowgnCpr

awol
Staff member
Reaction score
Trophy Points
what exactly is a guy flick anyway? ASPLOSIONS AND BOOBS? I don't think Adjustment Bureau was trying to disguise anything. It was a good film, whether or not it has a romantic theme pinning it together. And comparing this to Twilight is just insulting.

QuickCut

Faneditor
Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
OH NAOH, MOOVEE HAS ROMANCE, THIS MAKES MOVEE BAADD :p

Top Bottom