• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

ST - Star Trek

DigModiFicaTion

DᴉმWoqᴉԷᴉcɑꓕᴉou
Staff member
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
TVs Frink said:
I pay so much money for cable, Netflix, and Amazon...why would I pay more for yet another service just to watch one show?

I was very interested in Con Man until I learned I could only watch it by paying Vimeo per episode.  Took a pass.  Luckily it came to Sci-Fi Channel eventually.  Hopefully this will end up somewhere else at some point.

Same here. Im glad that Discovery is finally coming to blu ray, so I'll finally get to watch it.

asterixsmeagol

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Gaith said:
asterixsmeagol said:
Finally! Something set after Voyager!

And Nemesis? :p 

Anyhow, I'm very interested to see where this goes. Fun fact: at present, Stewart's run as Charles Xavier (2000-2017) has spanned more years than his run as Picard (1987-2002). So, as much as I love his Professor X, it's good to know JLP will be re-taking his rightful place in Sir Patrick's career.

I'm trying to block that whole movie out of my memory.

Gaith

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
asterixsmeagol said:
I'm trying to block that whole movie out of my memory.

But.. Commander Donatra!

2232.jpg

:D

Gaith

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I like Hemsworth as much as the next guy, but bringing back George Kirk via time travel strikes me as a desperate, spaghetti-on-the-wall terrible idea. Hey, Paramount, cut the budget way back, and make an actual sci-fi movie that doesn't revolve around a menacing alien seeking revenge, and also doesn't suck. Shouldn't be all that hard.

DigModiFicaTion

DᴉმWoqᴉԷᴉcɑꓕᴉou
Staff member
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I'm just sad Pine won't apparently be involved.

TM2YC

Take Me To Your Cinema
Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
DigModiFicaTion said:
I'm just sad Pine won't apparently be involved.

I can't imagine they'd go ahead without Pine. It'll probably just take some more contract negotiations. Of course if Paramount were asking the rest of us to sit in the Captain's chair, we would happily work for food.

ImperialFighter

Reaction score
Trophy Points
...or if negotiations don't work out, they could always stick Shatner in his place to kick off this adventure as Pine's older self, due to the result of some unexplained shenanigans that the 'Kelvin' crew have to get to the bottom of!  :p

TM2YC

Take Me To Your Cinema
Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
ImperialFighter said:
...or if negotiations don't work out, they could always stick Shatner in his place to kick off this adventure as Pine's older self, due to the result of some unexplained shenanigans that the 'Kelvin' crew have to get to the bottom of!  :p

That would be amazing. Everything else the same, the lens flares, the fast editing, the action, the whip pans, the young bridge crew and old portly Shatner squeezed into Pine's uniform ... and nobody mentions it :) .

ImperialFighter

Reaction score
Trophy Points
...and if Pine then accepts the studio's terms for the follow-up, a solution to his character's situation can be found, and this 'Kelvin' Kirk can revert to his younger self again to the relief of his fellow crewmembers.  :D

DANLAV05

Reaction score
Trophy Points
TM2YC said:
ImperialFighter said:

That would be amazing. Everything else the same, the lens flares, the fast editing, the action, the whip pans, the young bridge crew and old portly Shatner squeezed into Pine's uniform ... and nobody mentions it :) .

[font=calibri, tahoma, verdana, geneva, lucida,]Bring Back Kirk! A question that hasn't gone away! Largely fuelled by Shatner himself:-[/font]

[font=calibri, tahoma, verdana, geneva, lucida,]He write a novel about Kirk's resurrection a couple of years later; he was mooted to play Kirk's mirror counterpart in Enterprise (one of the writers also pitched a story where Kirk's ancestor, Enterprise's unseen Chef, would be plucked out of time to stand in for Kirk at a major historical event) but Shatner wanted a million dollars; and Movies XI and XIII both had written appearances that remain unfilmed (or in XIII's case the whole script - though saying that I enjoyed BEYOND very much :p ). [/font]

[font=calibri, tahoma, verdana, geneva, lucida,]I admit to getting obsessed with the idea, I blogged about it:[/font]

https://dannylavery9.wordpress.com/2017/10/27/the-many-ways-to-bring-back-kirk-prime/

[font=calibri, tahoma, verdana, geneva, lucida,]I have a feeling that the ship may have sailed, the man is 87 now but still very active - a part of the problem as well as money is apparantly he'd rather have a full role than a cameo.[/font]

[font=calibri, tahoma, verdana, geneva, lucida,]Mind you there is talk that Kurtzman and crew are developing animated content[/font]

TomH1138

Reaction score
Trophy Points
wilhelm scream said:
Anyone seen this Doctor Who/Star Trek mashup: 

Wow, that's amazing visual work! I loved the little touches with the dialogue, too: "I wonder if I should just go up and knock," for instance. Great stuff! :)

Part of me wonders why they didn't use a Doctor from a classic era to match TOS. But it's so much fun, who cares? And it's not like I could have pulled off what they did. :D And they managed to pull it off five years ago! Incredible!

TomH1138

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Gaith said:
...bringing back George Kirk via time travel strikes me as a desperate, spaghetti-on-the-wall terrible idea. 

Yeah. To me, more than anything, it feels like "Chris Hemsworth is a big star now, so we have to find some way to work him in." And honestly, Trek has long overused time travel. (Then again, some of the best stories come from that, so I guess that's why they do it.)

There's talk of Patrick Stewart appearing in a new series. If he's interested in revisiting the role, and if the producers of the movies are determined to give us time travel in the fourth installment, I'd almost rather he show up in the movie. Give the fans a more satisfying Kirk/Picard crossover than Generations. Maybe a loose adaptation of the novel Federation? I haven't read it, but I've heard it's good.

wilhelm scream

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
TomH1138 said:
wilhelm scream said:
Anyone seen this Doctor Who/Star Trek mashup: 

Wow, that's amazing visual work! I loved the little touches with the dialogue, too: "I wonder if I should just go up and knock," for instance. Great stuff! :)

Part of me wonders why they didn't use a Doctor from a classic era to match TOS. But it's so much fun, who cares? And it's not like I could have pulled off what they did. :D And they managed to pull it off five years ago! Incredible!

If I ever get Adywan skills, I want to make a version with the TNG crew.

lev

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Yes, but everyone knows James McAvoy is a young Charles Xavier. Tom Hardy is the young version of Jean-Luc Picard. Are we expected to believe Xavier and Picard are played by the same person!?

asterixsmeagol

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
StarTrek.com said:
Tilly Helps an Unexpected Visitor

CBS All Access has just shared the promo trailer for the very first Star Trek: Short Treks installment, “Runaway,” which will debut on Thursday, October 4.

As previously reported, "Runaway" is written by Jenny Lumet and Alex Kurtzman, and is directed by Maja Vrvilo. In it, while on board the U.S.S. Discovery, Ensign Tilly (Mary Wiseman) encounters an unexpected visitor in need of help. However, this unlikely pair may have more in common than meets the eye.

"Runaway" kicks off CBS All Access's rollout of Star Trek: Short Treks, four standalone stories building toward the early 2019 return of Star Trek: Discovery. Each short will run approximately 10-15 minutes and will be an opportunity for fans to dive deeper into key themes and characters – including Tilly, Saru (Doug Jones), Harry Mudd (Rainn Wilson, who directs his segment as well) and a new character, Craft (Aldis Hodge) -- that fit into Discovery and the expanding Star Trek universe.

Top Bottom