• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

ST - Star Trek

TM2YC

Take Me To Your Cinema
Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I've started a watch-through of DS9 on Netflix. I gave up on the show back in the day after a few seasons, so it'll be interesting to see if it will hold my attention this time. So far I'm enjoying it very much! I'd forgotten how much I loved all the banter involving Quark, Odo and Bashir. Also Terry Farrell is so good as Dax. I can't quite figure out how she does it but you totally buy her as Sisko's older (formerly male) buddy.

I noticed in S1E12 'Battle Lines' that a main guest character is played by a young Mike Ehrmantraut off 'Better Call Saul'. The funny thing is that with the hair and makeup, he looks exactly like Tommy Wiseau and even plays the character like Tommy in The Room. With that head tilted back and glazed over expression (Fitting for this DS9 role). Obviously the voice is different and well acted but if anybody wants to do a re-dubbed Tommy Wiseau vs Star Trek short, I'll not stop them! :D

I couldn't find any video of the character (Golin Shel-la) but there are pictures...

Picture-326.png

"You are tearing me apart Sisko"

SkywalkerFan01

Reaction score
Trophy Points
I really hope you stick with DS9 (and like it most importantly haha). Even though TNG is what I think of when I hear "Star Trek" and it's what I'll usually watch when I get the Trek itch, I always felt that DS9 was the better show, the story arc that goes from the first episode to the last, the darker tone, Sisko's "get sh*t done" attitude, and the story arc in the later seasons (won't say anything in case you're unaware), just... ooof.

So yeah... I like DS9.  :D

bionicbob

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
TM2YC said:
I've started a watch-through of DS9 on Netflix. I gave up on the show back in the day after a few seasons, so it'll be interesting to see if it will hold my attention this time. So far I'm enjoying it very much! I'd forgotten how much I loved all the banter involving Quark, Odo and Bashir. Also Terry Farrell is so good as Dax. I can't quite figure out how she does it but you totally buy her as Sisko's older (formerly male) buddy.

Loved Terry Farrell as Dax!  
4b2dc1a719ae289d70fddb208227e802.jpg

Love the entire series!!!  I have said it many times before, DS9 is by far by fave Trek series after TOS.  TNG is great too but if you want to push the envelope and really explore fresh aspects of the Trek Universe, DS9 is the show to watch.  And it's continuing story lines still feel very relevant in today's political climate.

gazza

Reaction score
Trophy Points
once i found out morn was in every single episode so i used to intentionally look for him(some episodes he is only in for a few seconds) i laughed at how he never had a single line but was always told by quark to shut up because he was supposed to be always telling stories

TM2YC

Take Me To Your Cinema
Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points

TM2YC

Take Me To Your Cinema
Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
@"gazza" This is the second time I'm saying this (In a different thread), less of the wall-of-memes please.

gazza

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Sorry i thought it might have been simpler to post meme rather than me trying to explain  the same points across in a long winded decription. i have deleted memes.Apologies

bionicbob

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Saw this on the TrekBBS.... amazing what a little colour can do!!!

zqYze75.jpghttp:

TM2YC

Take Me To Your Cinema
Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Wow, what a difference. It takes some of the blandest sci-fi uniforms (outside of the Bajorans in DS9) and makes them iconic again.

Are those stills for fun, screengrabs from a video, or proof of concept, or what? They forgot Decker though ;).

Top Bottom