• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

ST - Star Trek

bionicbob

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
This is not a parody, but a real tv commercial for NexGen.... LOL!

dangermouse

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
^ Baaaahaaaaahaaaaa! That's freakin' hilarious! Thanks for the lols Bob. :)

TM2YC

Take Me To Your Cinema
Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
TomH1138 said:
I wonder if it will exist in the same universe as the Abrams movies

Just set in the Star Trek universe ;-).

Gaith

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Intriguing... most intriguing...

bionicbob

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
As a script consultant, I think Meyer is a boon to the new series, he really knows character arc and story structure. Though how much impact he will have on the series it is hard to say. Sort of reminds me of when Harlan Ellison was announced as a consultant on Babylon 5.

In other news, if you have not heard, the fan film STAR TREK HORIZON has been released and it is EXCELLENT! Check out the fan film thread or Youtube to give this Enterprise era movie a look-see, it is well worth it. :)

bionicbob

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Rod Roddenberry has been signed to the new series as an executive producer.

http://www.bleedingcool.com/2016/03...s-new-star-trek-series-as-executive-producer/

Not sure how I feel about this.... while he has produced some documentaries and worked of Earth Final Conflict, he is not a proven quantity in terms of being a writer or series producer. This feels more like a legacy appointment and alliance with Roddenberry Entertainment.

But still, the behind the scenes creative forces on this project is amazing, with each producer representing a different generation of Star Trek.

Hopefully soon we will get some clear hints about what this series will be about and, maybe more importantly for many Trek fans, where in the Trek canon it will take place.... Prime? JJverse? Or a completely new Verse?

asterixsmeagol

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
StarTrek.com said:
Roddenberry Added to New TV Series Team
“Moral dilemmas, human issues, complex characters, and a genuine sense of optimism: These are the cornerstones of Star Trek and are what have made it such an influential and beloved franchise for the last 50 years,” Eugene “Rod” Roddenberry said.
His head is in the right place.

Vultural

Donor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Wish old Nick Meyer would quit wasting time with this.
Rather see a reboot of his '73 classic, Invasion Of The Bee Girls.

Invasion_Bee_Girls_2.jpg

Gaith

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
^ Bah, I'm still waiting for my Seven-Per-Cent Solution remake... as in, I'm waiting to be given the funds to direct said remake myself! :)

obsesja_sherlocka_holmesa_004.jpg

bionicbob

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Less than two weeks til I go to the Star Trek Ultimate Voyage concert, so this seemed like good karma... lol

bionicbob

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Just returned from holidays, during which I attended the ULTIMATE VOYAGE CONCERT...

Thumbs WAY UP!!!

If this show is coming to your city, it is well worth the price of admission.   A wonderful nostalgic evening of beautiful music!  :D

bionicbob

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Adam Nimoy's doc about his father....

ThrowgnCpr

awol
Staff member
Reaction score
Trophy Points
^ I saw that. Plus Mondo artwork? Seems unusual if it isn't a steelbook.

dangermouse

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Yes, yes, YES!
"Our Captain will come for us. Mercy will be the last thing on his mind."
First trailer - meh. This one. Wow!

Top Bottom