• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

ST - Star Trek

Moe_Syzlak

Reaction score
Trophy Points
I followed that site's PT edit because it was (ambitiously) trying to rotoscope Jar Jar out of many scenes. I left because the edit I saw was incomprehensible and, as stated, the editor did not take constructive criticism well. I, myself, am not an editor, but it seemed he had technical skill, but was severely lacking in the storytelling department.

ranger613

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
[MENTION=13347]Moe_Syzlak[/MENTION], I also just read that whole pointless thread. Seems the guy had an edit with a unanimously bad narrative, which is, barring nothing else, the single most important component of any work of fiction. Good looking effects and video are icing, but a good narratives the cake. I can't judge it because I didn't watch the edit, and it does seem to be an over reaction for him to leave that site completely.

He should certainly have been more political to keep the mods/admin happy. I myself was asked to remove an edit recently for technical (not narrative) reasons, so I tossed it, but learned a lesson from this --not releasing anything SD again and only working off blurays from now, to keep the technical folks happy while I get to go on making (hopefully) good narratives; not throw a tantrum and lose your audience (who are the most important folks on these sites). Worst thing was all the people who were giving him genuinely good feedback and encouragement throughout on how to improve the story, who he referred to as presumptuous and rude, before leaving. Not professional

TV's Frink

You Catch On Pretty Quick
Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
There are plenty of good SD edits here...

Captain Khajiit

Donor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Yes; releasing in SD should not, in and of itself, cause technical issues.

ranger613

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Oh I know, and totally agree. I grew up with vhs, and appreciated the films on them for their content. I just have had too many problems with them on here, personal experience. I've had reviews ripping apart the audio video quality of an edit rather than the actual narrative, which is all I care about. Trying to tune up an SD source to look appealing yet still subpar and have it distract people from what actually matters (the story) is something I don't want to deal with and annoys me because I can't fix it, so, I'm using blu rays only now just so I don't have to hear about that stuff and let the narrative be judged on its merits instead of the technical crap.

TV's Frink

Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
The technical crap is important to this site, and almost always solvable with some effort. Two of my three edits were done in SD and I don't really see how SD presents more challenges than HD.

Regardless, we're way off topic.

TomH1138

Reaction score
Trophy Points
No more Orci = Awesome.

Possibly of Edgar Wright directing = Awesome x 10000000!

TM2YC

Take Me To Your Cinema
Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Joe Cornish is being mentioned again to direct. That'd be cool too. He and partner Adam Buxton did write their own Star Trek music back in the day :D...

TM2YC

Take Me To Your Cinema
Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Well isn't this nice. My favourite Film-Fanatic-YouTuber 'Ollie Harper' has made a TPM retrospective video in time for the 35thAnniversary :)...

TV's Frink

Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I have no idea who Bob Orci is, and I guess now I don't need to go Google him.

Gaith

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
TM2YC said:
Well isn't this nice. My favourite Film-Fanatic-YouTuber 'Ollie Harper' has made a TPM retrospective video in time for the 35thAnniversary :)...
Aye, great video review! I'll have to give the rest of that guy's channel a look. That said, despite his appreciation for TPM, it's still a movie I have no intention of ever revisiting. :p

TV's Frink

Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
TM2YC said:
Well isn't this nice. My favourite Film-Fanatic-YouTuber 'Ollie Harper' has made a TPM retrospective video in time for the 35thAnniversary
Yellow_Flash_Colorz_PDT_12.gif
Gaith said:
Aye, great video review! I'll have to give the rest of that guy's channel a look. That said, despite his appreciation for TPM, it's still a movie I have no intention of ever revisiting. :p

The Picture Motion or The Phantom Menace? :p

Gaith

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Another Paul Shipper work:

Final-Frontier-Star-Trek-tribute-by-Geek-Art-4.jpg

Reminds me of this classic TNG painting, which, weirdly, I can't find a larger version of online at the moment:

tng.jpg

TV's Frink

Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
It looks to me like the terrible Star Wars DVD covers.

Top Bottom