• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

ST - Star Trek

Gaith

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Eh, I'm cool with it. Not sure it's the right time for more TV Trek yet...

dangermouse

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Agreed, Gaith. TV and film are very different beasts. Into Darkness type action every week would wear pretty thin!

Mark Moore

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I recently recorded some reviews and analyses for my YouTube channel (all spoiler-filled):

Star Trek (2009):

Star Trek Into Darkness:

Time travel in Star Trek

Star Trek Time Travel Addendum: The "Enterprise" Factor

Gaith

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
The question, surely, is not "do I really need an inflatable TOS-era Enterprise to hang from the ceiling," but rather, "how many of my friends need this thing, and how well have they treated me this year?" :-D

geminigod

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Gaith said:
The question, surely, is not "do I really need an inflatable TOS-era Enterprise to hang from the ceiling," but rather, "how many of my friends need this thing, and how well have they treated me this year?" :-D

I just want to play with it in the bathtub. (even though the Enterprise should never ever be underwater!)

g1orkatsos

Faneditor
Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
geminigod said:
I just want to play with it in the bathtub. (even though the Enterprise should never ever be underwater!)
You're gonna need a bigger bathtub

darth_ender

Reaction score
Trophy Points
So I've been doing research on the variants of TWOK. IMDB proves yet again to be a valuable and confusing resource.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0084726/alternateversions

So I know we have the Theatrical, Director's, and ABC cuts, but it appears that there may in fact be variations between a few old broadcasts. Would some expert (i.e. bionicbob, who always comes to mind with such things) be able to clarify this? Are there other cuts, or is it just the main three? Also, one can't help but wonder aloud (and with a PM box with lots of space) if there is any way to get ahold of the ABC broadcast ;)

TV's Frink

You Catch On Pretty Quick
Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
^Well, that's what I get for not keeping up with the Laugh thread.

Side note: I looked for this thread in the tv forum before I found it here. :p

TV's Frink

You Catch On Pretty Quick
Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
It's not my fault the OP decided to ignore the show that started the whole thing.

Gaith

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Happy 47th Birthday, Star Trek, one of my best childhood friends. Keep on keepin' on...

Gaith

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Yow!

IfsouMl.jpg

tBghZmV.jpg

J8uJgOG.jpg

hymyRg3.jpg

YB1oe9m.jpg

1pfWTdg.jpg

xfHf9eD.jpg

Siebener

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I'm not sure this belongs here, but it's kind of STAR TREK related. BEAM ME UP SCOTTY by German band PLAN B. Yes, it was the late eighties.

bionicbob

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Before STAR TREK ENTERPRISE premiered, there was a rumor (based on the song being used in promos) that the theme song for the show was going to be "Wherever You Go" by The Calling....

TomH1138

Reaction score
Trophy Points
So, so, SO much better.

Then again, the actual theme was so bad, 56 seconds of static would be better!

Top Bottom