• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

ST - Star Trek

Q2

Staff member
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
bionicbob said:
One theory I have about the New Trek Universe is when Spock-Prime and Nero travelled backwards to different points in time, they not only altered the unfolding of new events (thus creating a new alternate timeline) but their emergence had a ripple effect backwards in time too, thus explaining the different tech, ships, uniforms, etc.

To me this is only real explanation for the tv series ENTERPRISE, as it seems to fit much more comfortably in the JJverse than Trek Prime.:D

I was thinking the same thing this morning!

Gaith

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
^ Well, what with all the Temporal Cold War pollution, one hardly needs to resort to the Nero incident to sideline ENT from old-school Trek. :p

21806_468514019862120_12550730_n.jpg

Um... Miss? Bare feet aren't authorized on the bridge...

28047_468513756528813_991769703_n.jpg

... That's better:

21896_468513836528805_2701505_n.jpg

I wonder why her legs are crossed? :D

264843_468513519862170_1950134491_n.jpg

I have no idea why I never did this with my set:

315718_468514259862096_585927963_n.jpg

(... And sorry for the image-centering! Can't help it... left-justified pics just look like targ!) ;-)

TV's Frink

You Catch On Pretty Quick
Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Gaith said:
(... And sorry for the image-centering! Can't help it... left-justified pics just look like targ!) ;-)
You do understand how annoying it is, though, right?

Hey admins, are mods allowed to ignore anyone?

Neglify

Reaction score
Trophy Points
You can ignore people. I'm sure the majority of users ignore the two of us.

Gaith

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
TV's Frink said:
You do understand how annoying it is, though, right?
'Fraid not... as I don't have a smart phone. Is it really a huge hassle to pan over a bit? ;-)

... Besides, why are you reading the forum on a phone at all? This site demands a 20-inch hi-def plasma/plutonium megadisplay, baby, yeah! :-D

TV's Frink

Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Neglify said:
You can ignore people. I'm sure the majority of users ignore the two of us.

The majority of users aren't supposed to read everything posted. :p

TV's Frink

Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Gaith said:
'Fraid not... as I don't have a smart phone. Is it really a huge hassle to pan over a bit? ;-)

... Besides, why are you reading the forum on a phone at all? This site demands a 20-inch hi-def plasma/plutonium megadisplay, baby, yeah! :-D

Yes, it's a hassle. And often I have no choice but to be on a phone.

ThrowgnCpr

awol
Staff member
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Gaith said:

Is it really a huge hassle to left justify the images? He just told you it is a major pain in the ass for all the users reading the forums on a phone (which is a lot of people now). Your response, in not so many words: "tough shit." It's kind of an asshole move. And it doesn't make it OK to add a smiley face at the end.

Rogue-theX

Faneditor
Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
"Tough shit"? "Kind of an asshole move"? Uh, okie dokie...

Neglify

Reaction score
Trophy Points
To be fair, when I use the forum on my phone it doesn't bother me. And Frink is the only one so far to say it's a problem for him, so it's not fair to say "it is a major pain in the ass for all the users reading the forums on a phone (which is a lot of people now)".

ThrowgnCpr

awol
Staff member
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Neglify said:
To be fair, when I use the forum on my phone it doesn't bother me. And Frink is the only one so far to say it's a problem for him, so it's not fair to say "it is a major pain in the ass for all the users reading the forums on a phone (which is a lot of people now)".

To be fair, Frink asked him if he would stop doing it, and Gaith, while acknowledging Frink, gave him a cheeky NO. Whether it is a problem for everyone or not, it was pretty rude. I'm not trying to blow this out of proportion, and maybe I responded a little grumpily this morning (pre-coffee), but I thought it was a shitty response. And the smiley just seemed to make it even snarkier.

I don't use a phone so I don't care how people frame their posts, but there is no reason to intentionally be unaccommodating to folks around here.

steelio2006

Reaction score
Trophy Points
what episodes of TOS would you guys recommend to someone that hasn't seen much?

reave

Staff member
Reaction score
Trophy Points
steelio2006 said:
what episodes of TOS would you guys recommend to someone that hasn't seen much?

All of them. Just dive in. :)

steelio2006

Reaction score
Trophy Points
all of them? okay. just like also gonna be diving into Enterprise. cause i've seen some of it before (the pilot and episode 5, and thought it was pretty good too). it'll be nice to watch Star Trek to help fill the void of not having anymore new Doctor Who for a while.

reave

Staff member
Reaction score
Trophy Points
If you really just want to watch a few episodes, here's a few i like.

The Enemy Within
Amok Time
Where No Man Has Gone Before
The Doomsday Machine
Space Seed

But really, It's all pretty solid. Season 3 is a little weak, but still has some classic episodes.

Rogue-theX

Faneditor
Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Just start with season one episode one, then season one episode two then season one episode three and so forth.

TomH1138

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Steelio: It can be a bit overwhelming to someone who's just starting, with all those series and movies. In addition to the specific episodes that Reave mentioned, I'd add The City on the Edge of Forever, and movies II, III, and IV. (They make a nice trilogy; the first movie doesn't tie into them very much.)

As for expanding into further Trek, Paramount released a series of DVDs called "The Fan Collective" that feature some of the most-loved episodes of each series. That would be a good place to look for some more titles.

Happy viewing, and keep us updated! :)

steelio2006

Reaction score
Trophy Points
thanks everyone. yeah, i've seen Bob's Trek edits (I-IV). TOS is definitely gonna be the jumping in point. but the nice thing is that have netflix on my side with all of 'em listed. which is awesome. have a feeling that I'll be liking Trek about as much as I like Doctor Who. which is a lot. i'll definitely be sure to keep posted on this wonderful journey through Trek that going to be embarking on.

TV's Frink

Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
steelio2006 said:
yeah, i've seen Bob's Trek edits (I-IV).

And you own the originals, of course. I know that you know the rules, so don't think I'm calling you out or anything. I'm just clarifying so there's no doubt.

Top Bottom